E ticket Cebu Pacific

udonthani

actually during the online booking process you are advised that if you use a credit card you will have to produce it during check in.

I don't recall that. With PAL and other airlines, it is spelt out in the terms and conditions that the credit card must be produced at check in. All I know is that I have transported Filipinos between cities in the Philippines having used my debit card to book the lfight, when I'm not even in the Philippines myself, but 8,000 miles away. None of them have ever had any problems. All they have to show is their ID, though it helps a lot if they have the itinerary receipt printed out with the booking reference number. Air Asia is another airline where you can book tickets for third parties. With them you can even do it over the phone. You can be in Udon Thani, call up Air Asia, book the flight in someone else's name, get the reference number and text that to your friend in Hat Yai, who can then get on a flight from there to Bangkok a few days later. Very flexible indeed.

A_Simple_Man
using your reference on the itinary go log back in and then you can do an auto check in once done you print off the boarding pass.

Did that. On an international flight. They ripped it up at check in and said it was not allowed for International flight. Not a problem getting it reissued though. Your mileage may vary

Headshot

I don't recall that. With PAL and other airlines, it is spelt out in the terms and conditions that the credit card must be produced at check in. All I know is that I have transported Filipinos between cities in the Philippines having used my debit card to book the lfight, when I'm not even in the Philippines myself, but 8,000 miles away. None of them have ever had any problems. All they have to show is their ID, though it helps a lot if they have the itinerary receipt printed out with the booking reference number. Air Asia is another airline where you can book tickets for third parties. With them you can even do it over the phone. You can be in Udon Thani, call up Air Asia, book the flight in someone else's name, get the reference number and text that to your friend in Hat Yai, who can then get on a flight from there to Bangkok a few days later. Very flexible indeed.

In the US, you almost always have to produce your credit card at manual check-in if you used it to buy the e-tickets. If you check in online, that requirement goes away (if you have no checked luggage). A debit card is different since debit cards transfer money upfront, so the airline isn't left hanging if the card company doesn't honor the charge. They already have the money.

Edited by Headshot
A_Simple_Man
I always print out my boarding pass the day before i fly with Cebu Pacific, then if i have no check in luggage [ which i never do ] i just go straight to the departure gate when i get to the airport.

Thats the problem with this country. No one seems to get the same treatment as the next person. In my previous post you will see that did not work for me on an International flight (Perhaps you mean domestic only?) And then I have never, ever had Cebu Pacific ask me for the credit card i booked with. They want my printed confirmation and my passport. On the one occasion I had trouble finding my printed Itinerary they said: Its ok just show your passport.

udonthani

In the US, you almost always have to produce your credit card at manual check-in if you used it to buy the e-tickets. If you check in online, that requirement goes away (if you have no checked luggage). A debit card is different since debit cards transfer money upfront, so the airline isn't left hanging if the card company doesn't honor the charge. They already have the money.

PAL makes no distinction between credit and debit cards :

http://www.philippineairlines.com/legal_notices/terms_and_conditions/terms_and_conditions.jsp

To avoid fraudulent transactions and to protect card owners, PAL reserves the right to require that the credit/debit card used in purchasing the ticket(s) online be presented at the ticket collection point, upon check-in or in cases of reissuance, rebooking or refund of a ticket.

If the card owner is not part of the travelling party and is unable to present the credit/debit card used, PAL also reserves the right to require the presentation of clear photocopies of the front of the credit/debit card and the valid PHOTO ID of the card owner at the ticket collection point, upon check-in and in cases of reissuance, rebooking and/or refund. It shall be the responsibility of the card owner to ensure that the passenger(s) comply with the requirement.

PAL reserves the right to deny boarding to passenger(s) or refuse to reissue, revalidate, rebook or refund a ticket for failure to comply with foregoing requirements.

udonthani

but with Cebu Pacific there is nothing in their terms and conditions like that.

some airlines, like Emirates and the Thai Bangkok Air, go a step further even than that. With them, the credit/debit card holder MUST be one of the travelling party, and even if the card or copies of a card and ID of the cardholder, are produced that still isn't enough for the other person or persons, to board the plane.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

actually during the online booking process you are advised that if you use a credit card you will have to produce it during check in.

I always print out my boarding pass the day before i fly with Cebu Pacific, then if i have no check in luggage [ which i never do ] i just go straight to the departure gate when i get to the airport.

I did that shortly after it became available with Cebu Pacific and when I showed it to the guard who checks things before the terminal fee area he laughed and said, "That's not a boarding pass." The terminal fee lady did about the same thing. It took me longer to get through there then it would have to just check in. I was thinking: "Its more f&%king fun in the Philippines." and that was long before they introduced that slogan.

• Like 1