E ticket Cebu Pacific

I booked a flight for Nov Manila to Taclobahn. CB sent me an itinerary, do I need anything other than a copy of the itenerary?

Whiner

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I usually don't even have that. Just my ID and tell them where Im going. I can pull up the itinery on my phone but they've never asked for it. And terminal 3 allows you in whether your flying or not.

udonthani

as above, the only thing you actually need to get on the plane - provided your name is on the manifest of course - is your ID. You don't strictly speaking need your printed itinerary receipt at all, or a record of the reference number (which you can keep in your phone or even write on the back of your hand if you want). It does make things a bit easier for the check in clerk if you do have the itinerary receipt though.

I got on a Cebu Pacific flight last week at T3 in Manila using only my passport. However, you might have trouble getting into the airport at all without your itinerary receipt, especially at provincial airports as security almost always ask to see it. However at T3, oddly, they don't.

Buko Beach

I booked a flight for Nov Manila to Taclobahn. CB sent me an itinerary, do I need anything other than a copy of the itenerary?

Whiner

know

Cherry Blossoms sent you an itinerary? lol jk. I think you mean CP, anyways it's all good.

I always print out any e-ticket and apply liberal amounts of hi-liter to the date, flight info and personal data. That helps alot when trying to gain access to terminals in the Philippines. Some guards and airline staff take the job seriously and I like to make things crystal clear and simple to try and avoid SNAFU situations.

As some have already posted, the situation differs from terminal-terminal and airport-airport..

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

However at T3, oddly, they don't.

Terminal 3 actually encourages non-flyers to go inside. They built a special 'viewing area' for the purpose (so you can see the passenger as they go down the stairs to baggage claim. Because that is ever so important to see someone 3 minutes earlier than you would normally see them. They even have a new sign advertising the 'viewing area'. And of course, its just what an airport needs, especially in the Philippines: more people who don't need to be there!

The bliss of T3 will soon be over now that they are putting more and more flights there. Soon it will be more fun ....

Although this mistake is not unique to the Philippines. When they opened the new McNamara termina Detroit (pre 9/11) - they envisioned it to be a 'family destination' full of shops and restaurants for people to wait and greet their loved ones - on the other side of security screening. Oops.

A_Simple_Man
When they opened the new McNamara termina Detroit (pre 9/11) - they envisioned it to be a 'family destination' full of shops and restaurants for people to wait and greet their loved ones - on the other side of security screening. Oops.

Sounds like the airport at Hong Kong which is just fantastic. Too bad it did not work for ya in Detroit.

udonthani

Terminal 3 actually encourages non-flyers to go inside. They built a special 'viewing area' for the purpose (so you can see the passenger as they go down the stairs to baggage claim. Because that is ever so important to see someone 3 minutes earlier than you would normally see them. They even have a new sign advertising the 'viewing area'. And of course, its just what an airport needs, especially in the Philippines: more people who don't need to be there!

The bliss of T3 will soon be over now that they are putting more and more flights there. Soon it will be more fun ....

Although this mistake is not unique to the Philippines. When they opened the new McNamara termina Detroit (pre 9/11) - they envisioned it to be a 'family destination' full of shops and restaurants for people to wait and greet their loved ones - on the other side of security screening. Oops.

airports used to be a bit like that in the UK too, especially in the 1970s and 1980s where unlike in the US there were no shopping malls and not even any supermarkets, certainly not anything like there is today. So an airport then was like this bit of retail infrastructure with these classy shops set in this impossibly glamorous context - actual planes taking off and landing, with that extra bit of glamour in the UK compared to the US because of course in the UK almost all of them were setting off for, and coming back from, foreign countries where people spoke different languages and everything. As kids my parents took us off in the car a couple of times, drove fifty miles, just to spend the afternoon there, following the fashion of the time, but we didn't really like it and stopped doing it. It's only more recently that airports have got this image of being this hell hole purgatory that everyone hates. Not so long ago, they were like these glamorous, appealing places.

Thanks for the info. In my hometown they paid a prominet designer to design a beautiful terminal, then plunked a crappy looking parking ramp in front of it!

Who buys that crap at the airports anyway? I went in the duty free store to get a friend a bottle of Glenfiddich, its the same price at the local liquor store? Might even be cheaper on sale?

I'll eat the walpaper off the wall's before I pay their food prices! Whiner

Lol Whippy's post reminded me of when it was such a cool deal to go to the airport. When i was a kid , we would go early if we were picking someone up and just hang out in the lobby shops and ride the inter terminal trains. Yes it was exciting to be "in the airport" where people were going places and they were dressed up doing it. Ah the Airport smell of coffee shops and check in counters and smartly dressed flight attendants going clity clack down the hall ways.. Where else can you sit next to Display DC 3, sip your soda and gawk at the travelers.

some airlines will ask to see your credit card if u used it to book the ticket online, has happened to me with Cebupacific and airphil express. even though i am same name on ID as ticket, they have sometimes asked to see the plastic.

udonthani

showing your credit card should not normally happen with Cebu Pacific, and you can in fact book tickets for third parties very easily with them, with the person not having to show anything, except for their own ID. There is nothing in their terms and conditions that says that you do have to show a credit card when you check in and you could have pointed that out to the clerk. Same with Air Asia. Not sure about Airphil Express, but with Philippine Airlines, the credit card holder has either got to be one of the travelling party, or if they are not, then a photocopy of the credit card has to be produced, together with an actual piece of the cardholder's ID (not a copy). This is clearly stated in PAL's terms and conditions.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I've only had that happen once when I booked for someone else, but they checked her in anyway. It seems to happen more often with international flights than domestic.

Davaoeno

showing your credit card should not normally happen with Cebu Pacific, and you can in fact book tickets for third parties very easily with them, with the person not having to show anything, except for their own ID. There is nothing in their terms and conditions that says that you do have to show a credit card when you check in and you could have pointed that out to the clerk. Same with Air Asia. Not sure about Airphil Express, but with Philippine Airlines, the credit card holder has either got to be one of the travelling party, or if they are not, then a photocopy of the credit card has to be produced, together with an actual piece of the cardholder's ID (not a copy). This is clearly stated in PAL's terms and conditions.

actually during the online booking process you are advised that if you use a credit card you will have to produce it during check in.

I always print out my boarding pass the day before i fly with Cebu Pacific, then if i have no check in luggage [ which i never do ] i just go straight to the departure gate when i get to the airport.

actually during the online booking process you are advised that if you use a credit card you will have to produce it during check in.

I always print out my boarding pass the day before i fly with Cebu Pacific, then if i have no check in luggage [ which i never do ] i just go straight to the departure gate when i get to the airport.

Where do you find your boarding pass?

Where do you find your boarding pass?

using your reference on the itinary go log back in and then you can do an auto check in once done you print off the boarding pass.

BTW the itinary has your reference abd two boxes below that is status which should say confirmed, so this is enough to be presented to get a boarding pass if you do not do an on line check in etc.