Bringing her over just to test the water over a year or two with no firm commitment could end up with her being swept away by a teacher, or a fellow student at the college she will be spending a lot of time. Of course, depends on the woman and her intentions and desperation level to ensure her stay. I guess you've only known her for a while on the internet, so don't really know her very well. Not trying to sink your ship, just reminding you of some of the reality that can and has happened to others.

• Like 3
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BFHammer

• smokey

• Monsoon

• throttleplate

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bringing her over just to test the water over a year or two with no firm commitment could end up with her being swept away by a teacher, or a fellow student at the college she will be spending a lot o

so you want a few years to try out the milk before you commit... ha ha ha ha ...

just be selective and spend time writing and getting to know each other

Headshot

Well it sounded good in theory. I had also considered only dating higher educated girls then sponsor them through my company. The drawback there is if the crap hits the fan it could be more expensive than a divorce with a prenup as she could potentially demand "back pay" at prevailing wages for the time she spent here.

Though cost wise the student visa would still be cheaper than flights and hotels for 3 years. A full year at the community college here is only 4k.

Ummm...what you are talking about doing...telling the government you are sponsoring her for one purpose (work) while intending something totally different (a live-in girlfriend)...is considered defrauding the US government. They take a very dim view of that. In her application, she would have to lie to say she has no relationship with you. In your sponsorship application, you would have to do the same. Tread very carefully. It really isn't worth it.

If you are really interested in a Filipina, spend as much time as you possibly can together (not just online), and then roll the dice and take your chances. You could bring her to the US on a fiancé visa. I believe that gives you both 60 days to decide whether or not you really want to marry each other. If the answer is "yes" then I hope both of you live happily ever after...and if the answer is "no" then you buy her an airline ticket back to her home town in the Philippines, and I hope you both live happily ever after.

In any case...do NOT try to skirt around the law. If the government discovers that either of you committed fraud, the results for BOTH of you will not be pretty. Regardless of whether or not either of you serve time, you would likely never be able to sponsor anyone again, and she would be banned from the US for at least ten years...if not permanently.

Edited by Headshot
smokey

just be selective and spend time writing and getting to know each other

• Like 2

I can't spare months away yet, my company would fall apart.

So then a Filipina from the Philippines is not the right woman for you. I think you need to find someone who lives near to you.

• Like 2
lazydays

I can't spare months away yet, my company would fall apart. The same thing with bringing a girl for 90 days if Im there 90-120 days a year most can put up a good act or just simply be on their best behavior for that short of a time period. Plus if I'm going to marry a gal I'd need to know she could handle working with me in my company or at least understand I don't do a 9-5 cubicle drone job.

Well you can't have your cake and eat it!

If i were in your shoes and 100% comitted to building your business i would stay single for now. Just holiday, until you meet the right one, then see if a long distance relationship stands the test of time.

• Like 1

If i were in your shoes and 100% comitted to building your business i would stay single for now. Just holiday, until you meet the right one, then see if a long distance relationship stands the test of time.

Yep, or find a filipina already in the states if you're set on that. Plenty around where I live, and they tend to be everywhere, even where you wouldn't think of finding them.

The school must be SEVP certified (Student exchange visitor program). I highly doubt there are many CCs which qualify.

Larry in Dumaguete

I checked that and all the CC's in minnesota qualify.

Yep, or find a filipina already in the states if you're set on that. Plenty around where I live, and they tend to be everywhere, even where you wouldn't think of finding them.

They aren't as easy when they are already in the States

Bringing her over just to test the water over a year or two with no firm commitment could end up with her being swept away by a teacher, or a fellow student at the college she will be spending a lot of time. Of course, depends on the woman and her intentions and desperation level to ensure her stay. I guess you've only known her for a while on the internet, so don't really know her very well. Not trying to sink your ship, just reminding you of some of the reality that can and has happened to others.

That would be fine with me, if that happened it's 100x better than being married to a gal who then goes for someone else. I'm not looking for or wanting a desperate girl. I want a keeper. I don't know any girl in particular yet, I'm simply exploring options for if/when I do meet a gal I'd like to go further with.

Ummm...what you are talking about doing...telling the government you are sponsoring her for one purpose (work) while intending something totally different (a live-in girlfriend)...is considered defrauding the US government

No she would be here for work and as a girlfirend. I'm ok with pushing gray areas but not being dishonest.

I was refering to the "prevailing wages" portion like if she has an eccounting degree and I paid her 25k to do my books and assist me at my company and it didn't work out romantically then "prevailing wage" for an accountant being at 60k she might be able to demand another 35k saying I underpaid her. Just as an example.

Edited by BFHammer

Would a CC even qualify? I would think it would have to be a 4 year program.

CC would qualify as long as she either didn't have a degree or she was changing degrees

This is likely the best option. Although I may be changing my business as well to something I can do for 2/3 of the year and still be comfortable. My goal is to hit 10k/mo passive income from rental properties as after that I can do whatever I want and live anywhere comfortably.

I've dated hundreds of american gals over the last 20 years and never made it past 3 years. Not all of which I can blame on american girls being screwed up as I was participating in the "nice guy syndrome". Everything would be great for a year or two then I'd start doing too much for the gal and she'd stop appreciating it and lose attraction because the brain doesn't focus on something that isn't any challenge.

They aren't as easy when they are already in the States

Actually, I don't find them all that much different. But what I do find is they are much less available here due to: high availability of suitable partners (i.e. your competition), and also more likely to be too involved in work/school to be looking for you. Lack of good jobs and competition over there certainly helps a heck of a lot.

• Like 1

I was dating a filipina gal here, super nice but different places in life. She's 46 and already had her family with a air force guy she met while at university. I'm looking in the 25-30 range and likely still want to have kids of my own. Strange as heck though when we talked about it she was like, yeah lets find you a young one and I can be the nanny. :yahoo:

Kodiak570

My goal is to hit 10k/mo passive income from rental properties as after that I can do whatever I want and live anywhere comfortably.

Check out a book called the Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris. He has some really good ideas about outsourcing normal day to day monotonies and how to automate your business, no matter what field.