Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

cost of motorbike and driver, Naval-Cebu ferry

udonthani

as far as I understand it there are two companies doing this Cokaliong and Super Shuttle.

I've tried ringing up the Cebu offices of both these companies but with predictable results, and I am none the wiser for the trouble.

does anybody have any idea how much it would cost to get 2 people and a motorbike from Naval to Cebu?

jusjoseph

You actually expect them to answer a phone? I can't answer your question, but I have recently been to the main Cokaliong shipping building in Cebu City and had to talk to 3 different people for prices to Mindano area for a motorbike and passenger. They were all very busy, looking busy and talking pictures of each other with their cell phones. Perfect Philippino efficiency at its best. So good luck in calling. Please let us know if anyone answers.

Side note. Motorbikes are only allowed on ROROs now because of other accidents or the shipping companies pressing the smaller lines. Don't know for sure or care, just know it is more expensive to travel the islands with your motorbike. Have a big bike.....bring vaseline.

Headshot

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question on costs...other than Cokaliong and Super Shuttle no longer go to Naval. This should at least narrow your search.

UPDATE Sept 3, 2012: Only MV Blessed Stars of Roble Shipping ply the Cebu-Naval route. Cokaliong and Shuttle ferry have folded up their operations here.

Roble Shipping, Inc.

Cebu to Naval

Saturday

Departure Time: 8:30 PM

Monday

Naval to Cebu

Sunday

Tuesday

Roble Shipping, Inc.

43-C Escario Extension, Cebu City 6000

Telephone: (032) 255-3871, (032) 254-0583

Fax: (032) 416-6117

Booking Offices:

Naval Telephone: (053) 500 7898

Cebu Telephone: (032) 255-5904, (032) 255-1849

http://biliranisland.com/blogs/?p=229

Edited by Headshot

udonthani

thanks. I had heard that maybe one of them had packed it in, but it turns out both have. This explains how calling them up yielded no fruit.

the bad news is that Roble ,even though they are one of the better lines, now have a monopoly on the route so I would imagine that it will probably be even more expensive than it otherwise would.

the plan is, to try to get from Naval, to Bohol, in one day should be relatively easy to do this, by getting another ferry at the pier in the morning to Talibon.

A_Simple_Man
to try to get from Naval, to Bohol, in one day

You are taking risks that the ferry from Naval will even run on the day they say. If they have any problems, mechanical or otherwise, they have no problem delaying or cancelling the boat at the last minute. Besides which, although I cannot give you a price I can tell you that any time I have asked about it I have been told: If you have to ask then you cannot afford it. It frustrates the hell out of me that they think they are so funny but I can tell you I have never seen anyone ship a motorcycle on the ferry from Naval. I cannot say it has not been done, just that in all the time I have travelled on it I have not seen it. People usually drive down to departure points in Leyte if they have vehicles. The local bikers like to take weekend trips to Bohol on occasion but they drive all the way down the island to some place where it is a short ferry trip across to Bohol. I could inquire where that is, but they will surely tell you when you get here.

Jim Sibbick

There is a boat from Maasin to Ubay and from Bato to Ubay. Or at least there used to be.

I haven't done Naval to Maasin in one go but I have done Naval to Ormoc City and Ormoc City to Maasin City.

The trip from Naval to Ormoc City is only 1.5 hrs in a multicab. You should be able to do a lot better on a motorbike. Then up to 3 hours Ormoc to Maasin.

Edited by Jim Sibbick

A_Simple_Man
You are taking risks that the ferry from Naval will even run on the day they say.

Just as an example of this, my neighbor went to town (Naval) this evening to catch the boat to Cebu: Sorry sir, there might be a Typhoon tonight so we cancelled the boat. He told me he will go to Ormoc tomorrow to catch a boat to Cebu. Nothing new here.