Sign in to follow this  
Durham

PC/Laptop Repairs

Durham

Just for information.

I have a couple of laptops I wanted to have the operating systems changed, a friend of mine gave me the following contacts of 2 IT technician Michael (PM member for number) and Cleanji (PM member for number).

I called the guys and they came to my home in Talamban and very quickly diagnosed the problems and downloaded new OP, they also repaired a laptop that would not start up. Total cost 1000 pesos for the lot.

What impressed me also they arrived on the time they said as they were traveling from Talisay.

So if you need any repairs etc to your PCs they do home visits,

Edited by USMC-Retired
Removed phone numbers

USMC-Retired

Just be careful as you never can tell what might or might not happen when they install things on your PC.

A free good program is Key Logger detect. That you can run to ensure you are key logger free.

If you have windows 7 run in compatibly mode

http://dewasoft.com/privacy/kldetector.htm

• Like 1

Voyager

Cool man will pm you for names and numbers.

Skywalker

For your information, there is also a laptop/PC repair shop on the top floor of Ayala Mall, opposite the moneychangers.

I recently got a new 10.1 screen for a Samsung netbook. They were quick, and sms'd me before they fitted the new screen to warn me about the costs. I think it all came to about 6000 with labour costs.

Monsoon

I wish the PC repairs I always seem to need were feasible vs buying a new computer. They never seem to be!

Durham

For your information, there is also a laptop/PC repair shop on the top floor of Ayala Mall, opposite the moneychangers.

I recently got a new 10.1 screen for a Samsung netbook. They were quick, and sms'd me before they fitted the new screen to warn me about the costs. I think it all came to about 6000 with labour costs.

Yes I know........there are lots of repair outlets but this was specifically for home visit, at NO extra cost.

• Like 1

USMC-Retired

Most times they are not because the value drops off so quick on PC's. Example I worked on a CQ40 Compaq. You can buy these used all day long for 14,000 pesos. the release date on this computer is November 2008. User has had it about 3 years.use I would imagine for that investment.

What happen was the hinge for the screen broke. This was service recall by the company. So always check the sites for service recalls. Because the hinge broke on one side it broke the dry solder on the back of the LCD from the twisting when you close it.

Long story. The screen was 3600 pesos and hinge 2500 pesos. Not worth fixing when other components fail. If you get 3 good years from a PC laptop feel lucky. They are designed to be disposable.

USMC-Retired

Screen replacement on a laptop ranges normally between 4500 and 6500 pesos depending on size and what has to be done. That should include your labor.

Reynaldo

PC Express on Jones Avenue across from PLDT.

Randy is one of the service technician there and does excellent work.

Three of my computers have been cleaned and repaired there very inexpensively.

bepresentnow

does anybody else have number for this home service guy? I sent Durham a pm for the number, no reply yet, but need urgent repair. Thanks.

Durham

does anybody else have number for this home service guy? I sent Durham a pm for the number, no reply yet, but need urgent repair. Thanks.

Pm sent 10am today.