Hi Guys.

Buko Beach

I`m Harri male 57. Living now in Guadalupe Cebu City. I have travelled to Philippines several times in past years and liked what I saw and experienced. Visayas and Cebu being kinda in the centre of the archipelago attracted me. I searched online for more information about living here. Found and liked this site and it`s quite comprehensive forums. I needed more expat side of information about lives here on the islands. Been non active member but reading (learning) here for past 2 years while deciding when to come to Philippines (Cebu) for extended period to experience living away from touristy hotel stays. I`m originally from Finland but lived and worked in Australia past 35 years.

Welcome Harri, Enjoy Cebu.

Just give me a pm when you're ready. You can rent clubs at Mactan for about 500p and just wear tennis shoes. No biggie.

Thanx mate. I`ll keep that seriously in mind and I have no doubt I will take you on one day.

Welcome Harri, Enjoy Cebu.

Thank You Buko Beach.

There must be a good story behind your site name?

• 4 weeks later...
Buko Beach

Thank You Buko Beach.

There must be a good story behind your site name?

Buko means coconut. So in english my name means 'coconut beach'. I enjoy renting a banca for the day around parts of Mindanao, Northern and Southern Cebu or Leyte. Nothing better IMO than exploring isolated beaches and islands with my asawa. My search for the perfect buko beach is infinite.

Enjoy the Philippines.

Well Mr Buko Beach, I envy your lifestyle. Funny thou you mentioning about using the Banca for exploring. I have been thinking dooing same here in the Visayas. On the note, I was on Palawan few years back and hired on for myself to go around Port barton an then from Port Barton to El Nido which was a great journey.

I hope your search for the perfect beach comes thru.

Cheers Harri