Hi Guys.

I`m Harri male 57. Living now in Guadalupe Cebu City. I have travelled to Philippines several times in past years and liked what I saw and experienced. Visayas and Cebu being kinda in the centre of the archipelago attracted me. I searched online for more information about living here. Found and liked this site and it`s quite comprehensive forums. I needed more expat side of information about lives here on the islands. Been non active member but reading (learning) here for past 2 years while deciding when to come to Philippines (Cebu) for extended period to experience living away from touristy hotel stays. I`m originally from Finland but lived and worked in Australia past 35 years.

:yahoo:

JSL-USMC

Seems to me that you are going about it in the right way. You've visited , and traveled here so you are familiar with the customs and manners of the Filipinos. I have lived here four years and have no plans of leaving. It's a bit cheaper here or, if you want, it could be a whole lot cheaper. That depends on your life style.It's best not to get settled in too much. Spend some time it the place you like and see if it's the same 6 months later. I live in a quiet neighborhood and have good neighbors. No noise polution except once a year at FIESTA. Any specific question will get you the answer here on Living IN Cebu, Best of luck to you. JSL1934

RandyOdom

Do you play golf? Sorry, my record player is skipping.

Edited by RandyOdom

Seems to me that you are going about it in the right way. You've visited , and traveled here so you are familiar with the customs and manners of the Filipinos. I have lived here four years and have no plans of leaving. It's a bit cheaper here or, if you want, it could be a whole lot cheaper. That depends on your life style.It's best not to get settled in too much. Spend some time it the place you like and see if it's the same 6 months later. I live in a quiet neighborhood and have good neighbors. No noise polution except once a year at FIESTA. Any specific question will get you the answer here on Living IN Cebu, Best of luck to you. JSL1934

Thank you JSL1934 Yes you quite right about looking around. I just bought a 2nd hand motorbike and will now have change to roam around a bit more. One question I have. What kind of internet connections you guys have and use here? I`m using Smart Bro and connection is rather iffy at most times.

Do you play golf? Sorry, my record player is skipping.

Hi RandyGolf....I do have spent little bit of time on golf courses, mainly of the fairways thou. If you looking for players? Yeah, I`ll give it a go. Cheers. Been a while and got no equipment nor spikes ?

Hi guys.

Thank you JSL1934 . I`m not really sure yet how to correctly reply to these posts, hoping person checking these out will correct if I`m on wrong path. Randy . Yes I`d like to give it a bash sometimes.

Harri

Boss Ross

I`m Harri male 57. Living now in Guadalupe Cebu City. I have travelled to Philippines several times in past years and liked what I saw and experienced. Visayas and Cebu being kinda in the centre of the archipelago attracted me. I searched online for more information about living here. Found and liked this site and it`s quite comprehensive forums. I needed more expat side of information about lives here on the islands. Been non active member but reading (learning) here for past 2 years while deciding when to come to Philippines (Cebu) for extended period to experience living away from touristy hotel stays. I`m originally from Finland but lived and worked in Australia past 35 years.

:yahoo:

Welcome to Cebu Harri !

CardiacKid

Welcome to the Forums and I hope you enjoy your stay. I suggest you be very careful on that motorbike. If you haven't. take a trip across the island on the Trans-Central Highway and then turn south to see Asturias and Tuburan. Another trip would be to go south on the National Highway, visiting CarCar, Argao, and Moalboal. You might find some place on those trips that would tempt you to move to the province. :welcome2:

Thank you Boss Ross & Mr Mike. Cebu feels good. Except for the pack of 20+ night time noisy inbred dogs over the back fence.

Welcome to the Forums and I hope you enjoy your stay. I suggest you be very careful on that motorbike. If you haven't. take a trip across the island on the Trans-Central Highway and then turn south to see Asturias and Tuburan. Another trip would be to go south on the National Highway, visiting CarCar, Argao, and Moalboal. You might find some place on those trips that would tempt you to move to the province. :welcome2:

Hey Cardiac Kid. Thanx for the reminder. Yes I have experienced on my previous trips the hazards on roads while on hired bikes and cars. My gf is from Malapascua so no doubt I will take bike up there one day for a ride and see the countryside. Was thinking taking eastern road up and come back down along on west coast.

RandyOdom

Hi guys.

Thank you JSL1934 . I`m not really sure yet how to correctly reply to these posts, hoping person checking these out will correct if I`m on wrong path. Randy . Yes I`d like to give it a bash sometimes.

Harri

Just give me a pm when you're ready. You can rent clubs at Mactan for about 500p and just wear tennis shoes. No biggie.

RandyOdom

As far as "moving to the province" goes, sure it's much cheaper but let's take Argao for example. No fast food places worth a crap unless you like Orange Brutus which sucks, no movie theatres. No mall. No decent drug store. No golf courses. Really, unless you just like sitting on your porch and drinking all day, there ain't crap to do.