squid recipe

broden

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i've made this in the philippines for my wifes family in years past .. some of the ingredients were a little hard to find but we found them all .. my mom made this whenever possible when i was growing up in brooklyn

the squid you can get there is beautiful and perfect for this like say hand sized squid .. not including tenticles

clean them cut up half the tentacles in to small bits ..leave the others intact .. if you like squid beak by all means leave it there .. i remove them

get some italian seasoned bread crumbs some mozzarella and some salami cut up the salami and mozzarella in to small peices mix it in with the bread crumbs and the tentacle bits

open the squid body like the perfect little pocket it is .. and stuff them with the mixture .. not too full or they will burst while cooking .. trial and error will show you how much to fill them ... seal the top with a toothpick

get some pasta sauce going .. throw in whole tentacles and stuffed squid .. cook till done .. can't really tell you a time but i've never seen a way to really over do them they just keep getting better .. even better reheated after a day or two

enjoy with pasta

no measurments just make em to taste we always did .. squid are great to stuff and cook .. the fillings are really endless

Broden,

Thanks for the recipe, my wife and I will have to try that this spring. Spring you ask? Because around mid-April here in the Connecticut and Rhode Island area of the US, we have a great spring run of squid. My wife, son and I always make a 24 hour adventure out of a squid fishing trip.....Usually we drive to a place named "Goat Island" right next to Newport, RI. We bring our meals, drinks and fishing gear. We cook out and jig for squid from early sunrise to the next days sunrise. We usually have our fill by then, 3 or 4 Five Gallon buckets full of fresh delicious " North Atlantic Squid "...

Margie just mentioned it the other day. I'll make it a point this year to take lots of pics and post a trip "Squidding" report here with pics...

• Admin (Retired)
broden
Broden,

Thanks for the recipe, my wife and I will have to try that this spring. Spring you ask? Because around mid-April here in the Connecticut and Rhode Island area of the US, we have a great spring run of squid. My wife, son and I always make a 24 hour adventure out of a squid fishing trip.....Usually we drive to a place named "Goat Island" right next to Newport, RI. We bring our meals, drinks and fishing gear. We cook out and jig for squid from early sunrise to the next days sunrise. We usually have our fill by then, 3 or 4 Five Gallon buckets full of fresh delicious " North Atlantic Squid "...

Margie just mentioned it the other day. I'll make it a point this year to take lots of pics and post a trip "Squidding" report here with pics...

sounds great wish i could go .. squid is one of those great things to eat .. cause it's great and cause other make that .. eww squid face .. i'm jealous of your upcoming trip and harvest