onward ticket within 21 day period

A_Simple_Man
Seems that as long as you have a valid return ticket there is no problem

Speaking for yourself it is obviously true. When you say YOU, if you mean ME then you are wrong. I had a valid return ticket on the same airline (only happened one time I admit) but was hassled at immigration because the return was not within the 21 days but instead was 6 months later. After looking at the experiences of others here I suspect the official in my case was either power tripping with me or fishing for a bribe.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Mr.T

• A_Simple_Man

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I flew from Copenhagen via Doha to Manila on oct 1st 2012, with a return ticket for late march 2013, The lady at the check in counter in Copenhagen was in doubt and called someone to make sure, the an

I've entered the Philippines by air atleast 11 times the last 3 years and never have they asked me for a ticket within those 21 days.... so it's actually just a very small % of people who are asked to

That is because you have never printed up a fake onward ticket and sweat bullets while the immigration official plugs the flight number into the computer and frowns when your name does not come up on

CardiacKid

That said, it was recently mentioned that you could get a first-class fully-refundable fare for your return flight...and then just cancel it before the flight date to have the money credited back to your account (minus whatever fees they charge). That would probably be the cheapest way to go...as long as they are not checking at Immigration (when you go for periodic visa renewals) for a outbound ticket. I believe they don't start doing that until you have been in-country for at least a year.
We were told by Cathay Pacific not to buy an outbound ticket until we were at the check in at LAX for the return flight to RP. Seems they charge $50.00 for a refund on each ticket if sold in the RP, but no fee if the ticket is purchased in the U.S.
  • Like 1
Headshot

That is because you have never printed up a fake onward ticket and sweat bullets while the immigration official plugs the flight number into the computer and frowns when your name does not come up on the reservation list. I am no longer a doubter. 'Nuff said.

True enough. I have never printed up a fake ticket to show to them. I'm amazed you got it past the airline to even get to Philippine Immigration. You can't just leave us hanging though...what happened when the Immigration officer discovered it was a fake ticket?

A_Simple_Man
what happened when the Immigration officer discovered it was a fake ticket?

Without admitting guilt, lets just say that Cebu Pacific (and probably other airlines too) has a less than perfect record of entering their data into 'the computer' and the immigration official was aware of that. I suppose some immigration officials are willing to put it down to airline error and let it go but I would not suggest anyone rely on that and I would personally never do it . . in the future.

• Like 1