onward ticket within 21 day period

Skywalker

Well, at least you didn't advertise Air Asia again, so maybe small progress.

Just give it a rest, or better still start your own thread, and you can ruminate to your hearts content there.

And calling me a whiner is really quite rich, I haven't repeated myself ad infinitum like some single issue lobbyist attempting to hype Air Asia at every and all opportunities, at the expense of CebuPacific. I hope you get a good discount, since we all know the lengths you will go for a bargain. In this case, damaging your credibility - or what was left of it.

That said, I do enjoy your 'contributions' to LinC. But do stick to comedy, as facts are often your biggest let-down.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Mr.T

• A_Simple_Man

• Monsoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I flew from Copenhagen via Doha to Manila on oct 1st 2012, with a return ticket for late march 2013, The lady at the check in counter in Copenhagen was in doubt and called someone to make sure, the an

I've entered the Philippines by air atleast 11 times the last 3 years and never have they asked me for a ticket within those 21 days.... so it's actually just a very small % of people who are asked to

That is because you have never printed up a fake onward ticket and sweat bullets while the immigration official plugs the flight number into the computer and frowns when your name does not come up on

udonthani

That said, I do enjoy your 'contributions' to LinC. But do stick to comedy, as facts are often your biggest let-down.

facts speak for themselves, 25 days from now, you can get a ticket out of the Philippines with Tony Fernandez for 1,650 pesos. The best Cebu Pacific can do is 4,225. There's no competition.

but only on international flights do Cebu Pacific take the piss. With the domestic pricing, they're fine.

I suspect that there are many people to whom the convenience is FAR more important than the saving of a few Pesos.

• Like 2
jusjoseph

Just looking at the Air Asia website, it appears they do not fly out of Cebu city to anywhere.

http://www.airasia.com/ph/en/home.page

So, Cebu Pacific, Cebu city to BKK yes. Air Asia, Cebu city to BKK. No and don't forget how much you pay every time you depart the great NAII with travel tax with their great restaurants and waiting areas. Absolute drivel by some one that has to be right but can't see the top line on the eye chart. Air Asia and Cebu Pacific to BKK is a completely different issue, only one of them fly from Cebu City to BKK direct.

Edited by jusjoseph
  • Like 1
Nangulo

I don't think you can realistically expect, to get those. You can't get a totally full refund from anybody. The companies have staff, electric and other overheads to cover they employed to serve you, when you bought the flight. They are going to remember that and they are NOT going to give you, all of your money back.

Yeah they will. I've done it. Just make sure to read ALL the fine print. Fully refundable, no cancellation fees. Probably have to buy a first class ticket but, since you're just going to cancel and get your money back, who cares?

P.S. I wouldn't try this with a Philippine carrier. US - no problem. United, Delta, ...

Edited by Nangulo
SkyMan
Just looking at the Air Asia website, it appears they do not fly out of Cebu city to anywhere.
Whippy doesn't care where it's out of. He just needs a ticket from somewhere in the RP to somewhere not inthe RP.
Nangulo

I wonder if they will also defer the rule for the spouse of the balikbayan...

The spouse of a Baikbayan is a Balikbayan (for immigration purposes).

At least, I always was.

Headshot

The spouse of a Baikbayan is a Balikbayan (for immigration purposes).

At least, I always was.

The problem with that reasoning is that there is no assurance the spouse will actually receive a BB stamp when they arrive in the Philippines. It is at the discretion of the Immigration officer (a privilege...not a right). Do you think the airlines will take the chance of letting the spouse fly without a return ticket knowing that if the spouse isn't given the BB stamp, they could be forced to return the person to their port of origin free of charge? After all, it is the airlines that first check to see if the passengers have a return (or onward) ticket.

Left Heathrow 2 weeks ago on Cathay P. They were very strict about the onward tix. I produced an Air Asia Boarding Pass print out and the supervisor wanted to see the tix receipt.

SkyMan

The problem with that reasoning is that there is no assurance the spouse will actually receive a BB stamp when they arrive in the Philippines. It is at the discretion of the Immigration officer (a privilege...not a right). Do you think the airlines will take the chance of letting the spouse fly without a return ticket knowing that if the spouse isn't given the BB stamp, they could be forced to return the person to their port of origin free of charge? After all, it is the airlines that first check to see if the passengers have a return (or onward) ticket.

Yeah, this is kind of a sticky point. I can see the RP telling the airlines an RP passport or a permanent residence visa are ok without onward ticket because RP immigration has already cleared them to reside in the RP permanently. But the RP has yet to make that determination with a BB. So the RP would be asking the airlines to do the BI's job and determine if this person is eligible for a BB stamp. A 13A visa would be difficult to fake and that would carry serious consequences. But a marriage certificate would be easy. If someone entered the RP on a fake 13A I think the airlines could be held partially responsible so I don't think the airlines would want to be responsible for verifying a marriage certificate from what could thousands of possible countries/municipalities.
Headshot

The last time I flew with Cathay Pacific, I had to go through two supervisors before I got to a manager who knew the law well enough to know that I didn't need a return ticket when I was holding a 13A visa. Everybody up to that point wanted to stick me for a return ticket. How much more so for somebody who can't show any permanent ties to the Philippines?

Nangulo

The last time I flew with Cathay Pacific, I had to go through two supervisors before I got to a manager who knew the law well enough to know that I didn't need a return ticket when I was holding a 13A visa. Everybody up to that point wanted to stick me for a return ticket. How much more so for somebody who can't show any permanent ties to the Philippines?

I anticipated something like that happening when I went to the Albuquerque airport, thinking that there wouldn't be anybody well versed in immigration laws. So I printed out this page (http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1759&Itemid=78). It repeatedly refers to "tourists." I figured showing the airline folks this, plus my permanent visa, would establish that I am NOT a tourist and, therefore, not required to hold an onward ticket. All I had to do was show the visa and the airline gave me my boarding passes without further question.

Panserhansen

Unless you fly straight into the Philippines from the UK, they won't ask you an onward ticket and if they do, i'm sure it doesn't have to be within the 21 or 30 days visa waiver period.

I wouldn't trust a review made by some backpacker tourist about the 21 or 30 days onward ticket, just doesn't seem right. Why would they offer tourist visa extentions then?

A friend of mine was denied at check-in from Oslo. I was also asked last time for an onward ticket - which I had. I've been asked every time from Bangkok, Hong Kong and SIngapore.

A friend of mine was denied at check-in from Oslo. I was also asked last time for an onward ticket - which I had. I've been asked every time from Bangkok, Hong Kong and SIngapore.

Yes you always need an onward ticket, they always ask me too. But they have never asked me for an onward ticket within 21 or 30 days. My onward tickets are always 6 to 10 months later.

Edited by Mr.T
A_Simple_Man
Unless you fly straight into the Philippines from the UK, they won't ask you an onward ticket and if they do, i'm sure it doesn't have to be within the 21 or 30 days visa waiver period.

It is unfortunate that information like this is allowed to remain on the forum. Someone may read this and actually believe you. One of my best friends lost 800+ US$ believing stories like yours. He tried to get here without an exit ticket, was denied boarding, and the ticket was a cheap, non-refundable one. (Interestingly enough he had done it before and got here just fine but that time he met a ticket agent who just said no.)

I see Panserhansen, in a post above mine, had a similar experience.

EDIT: Just noticed your post above and I see your point. I don't know of anyone denied boarding with an exit ticket outside the 21 days although I have been asked for that at Philippine point of entry.

Edited by A_Simple_Man