onward ticket within 21 day period

lazydays

I have also heard over the last couple of months that they are tightening up on this, even though i've never had a problem in the past.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Mr.T

• A_Simple_Man

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I flew from Copenhagen via Doha to Manila on oct 1st 2012, with a return ticket for late march 2013, The lady at the check in counter in Copenhagen was in doubt and called someone to make sure, the an

I've entered the Philippines by air atleast 11 times the last 3 years and never have they asked me for a ticket within those 21 days.... so it's actually just a very small % of people who are asked to

That is because you have never printed up a fake onward ticket and sweat bullets while the immigration official plugs the flight number into the computer and frowns when your name does not come up on

I don't believe this.

If they start doing this then they will have to refuse alot of visa extensions too. Impossible unless they don't want our money anymore.

This is all based on RUMOURS, no facts, no proof.

Edited by Mr.T
  • Like 1
lazydays

I don't believe this.

If they start doing this then they will have to refuse alot of visa extensions too. Impossible unless they don't want our money anymore.

This is all based on RUMOURS, no facts, no proof.

Not necessarily, it's only an entry requirement, heard nothing regarding visa extensions.

The outward ticket requirement has been law for a long time, it's just been loosely applied in the past.

Not necessarily, it's only an entry requirement, heard nothing regarding visa extensions.

The outward ticket requirement has been law for a long time, it's just been loosely applied in the past.

This sounds ridicilous, so far just a rumour.

Anyway, I just asked a friend who entered last month from HK, outbound ticket for next year, he entered without a problem.

Edited by Mr.T
lazydays

This sounds ridicilous, so far just a rumour.

Anyway, I just asked a friend who entered last month from HK, outbound ticket for next year, he entered without a problem.

I'm sure Whippy will keep us posted with his experience when he arrives.

No it's not just an entry requirement. I got asked a few months back when applying for an extension, but the guy doing my extension was able to get it waived. It appears that they can and sometimes do ask for an ongoing ticket at that time. This seems to be sporadic and they probably were catching too much resistance from expats, but it does happen.

Edited by easy44
A_Simple_Man

In support of Whippy, I was told on entry 2 years ago now that my onward ticket had to be within the time frame of my visa. I got through with a warning that time and since then all my exit tickets have been within 21 days and I have not had a problem.

Each individual will have a different experience. If I was leaving 60 days after arrival I would try to get by with an exit ticket for that time. If I am using a throw away ticket anyway, why would I be so stubborn as to not get one within the 21 day period. Should be a no brainer.

A_Simple_Man
I got asked a few months back when applying for an extension

Had you been here as a tourist for a year or more when they asked for your onward ticket? Reason is, I asked that question when applying for my extension and they told me it is not a requirement unless you have been here as a tourist for a year or more.

udonthani

As far as throwing tickets away goes - Why? Why not, instead, charge a fully refundable ticket to your credit card, enter the country, then get a refund? Won't cost a dime.

I don't think you can realistically expect, to get those. You can't get a totally full refund from anybody. The companies have staff, electric and other overheads to cover they employed to serve you, when you bought the flight. They are going to remember that and they are NOT going to give you, all of your money back.

I've entered the Philippines by air atleast 11 times the last 3 years and never have they asked me for a ticket within those 21 days.... so it's actually just a very small % of people who are asked to have such a ticket. In case they do ask, they'll just let you thru anyway with the ticket you have.

Maybe they will ask Whippy for such a ticket to try and get him out of the country as fast as possible.. so he can continue his el-cheapo girly hunts in Malaysia or some other neighboring country

Edited by Mr.T
  • Like 2
Skywalker

Does having an ACR Card get you a waiver? Like others, I've never been asked for an onward ticket - but I am aware that it is actually a requirement.

If they are cracking down suddenly, it's probably because some assh*le overstayer has caused a problem, and the Immigration have decided to fine the airline for not ensuring the onward ticket.

My understanding is the fine for the airline is 50,000 pesos.

For what it's worth....

It's the check in counter staff that want to see your onward flight and I'm buggered if any check in desk has ever done more than just glance at it to ascertain I actually have one.

They could look it up on the computer but I've never seen them do that.

Immigration on the other hand have no way of doing the afore said computer check so wouldn't a doctored eTicket printout work?

This is not advice, it's just thrown in for discussion.

KonGC (or you could move to Cambodia where they don't feck around like this)

Removed - link already posted in thread.

Edited by enoonmai
SkyMan

“This rule is meant to guarantee that a tourist will leave the host country before the lapse of his stay as a temporary visitor,” the BI chief explained.

And yet it does nothing of the kind.

For BBs reading this:

Mangrobang, however, stressed that Balikbayans, who are also considered tourists but are admitted for one year, are exempted from the rule in deference to the fact that they are former citizens of the Philippines .

• Like 1

Had you been here as a tourist for a year or more when they asked for your onward ticket? Reason is, I asked that question when applying for my extension and they told me it is not a requirement unless you have been here as a tourist for a year or more.

No, I believe it was at the 59 day extension. I haven't been asked since, and total time now on this visa is about 8 months. Whatever was happening with Immigration at that time seems to have passed. Probably too much negative reaction from expats.