NEW - CEBU PACIFIC AIR - CEBU TO BANGKOK

udonthani

it's very noticeable. Cebu Pacific international flights of similar distance out of the Philippines, are priced roughly double what flights out of Air Asia's hubs. And yet it's only supposed to be this no-frills budget airline. You'd have to be a total idiot not to notice it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Mr.T

• Ungaro

• littlePP

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would welcome any flight that goes direct to Cebu rather than through Manila.

Try to keep up.   The topic is concerned with CebuPacific International flight Cebu to Bangkok.   Air Asia don't fecking fly that route. We are not oblivious, we just don't need to be constantly

maybe it's expensive for you, but not for me, and many people i know.   5000 pesos with return to Bangkok is dirt cheap

Posted Images

Skywalker
You'd have to be a total idiot not to notice it.

Perhaps we don't care? You can't compare a flight cost, when there is no competition - you'd have to be a total idiot not to notice that nobody else is flying that route. CebuPacific currently have a monopoly on that route. They can charge what the market will stand. Grow up!

Constantly bleating about it, to try to make yourself look so very well informed is ridiculous.

• Like 3
littlePP

I'm flying back to Manila from Siem Reap for 2,000 pesos on Cebu Pacific (yes, they have deals and all from Terminal 3 where Cebu Pacific does domestic/international, so no shuttle bugging around Manila to the differing terminals, then to Cebu just so I can fly back to Bangkok with Cebu Pacific, in hopes of giving udonthani the stroke that will finally end all this madness.

:lol:

• Like 2
udonthani

I'm flying back to Manila from Siem Reap for 2,000 pesos on Cebu Pacific

isn't it funny how on the internet, everyone says that they fly somewhere, in this case Siem Reap to Manila, for fifty bucks, when in actual fact if you look up the prices yourself, the promo is like $120-140 and the normal price, is $170-200.

Reading this thread it sounds like Cebu Pacific's yield management department are doing a good job. They have decided Cebu - Bangkok direct, the higher price provides a good yield (probably due to better class of passenger :P ) compared to Clark - Bangkok, where it's all cheap charlies so they get a similar revenue per ASK out of a lower fare.

littlePP

isn't it funny how on the internet, everyone says that they fly somewhere, in this case Siem Reap to Manila, for fifty bucks, when in actual fact if you look up the prices yourself, the promo is like $120-140 and the normal price, is $170-200.

Amount: PHP 5,953.50 ROUND TRIP WITH 20 KG EXCESS - looking at my ticket right now

That would be - ummm, let me see, at the now low exchange rates, 143 US dollars ROUND TRIP

So, again, you are wrong.

:lol:

Has anybody been as wrong as much as you, in as many posts, in the history of posting, in the history of the Internet? :idontknow:

• Like 2
udonthani

I'm not wrong, just look at their prices for for any date you care to name, the prices are in the fields I said. All you have to do is look at about 10 different dates over six months and you get an idea what the prices are. What you got was a fluke and not typical at all.

promos aren't all that they can be cut out to be with Cebu Pacific and the price differential isn't usually that great. I got one last week for a Bacolod-Cebu flight and it ended up being 1,200 instead of like 1,800. I was pleased to save that, but not really a big deal.

Reading this thread it sounds like Cebu Pacific's yield management department are doing a good job. They have decided Cebu - Bangkok direct, the higher price provides a good yield (probably due to better class of passenger :P ) compared to Clark - Bangkok, where it's all cheap charlies so they get a similar revenue per ASK out of a lower fare.

I don't agree with this because the Cebu-Bangkok route will fail unless they can persuade enough Filipinos to use it, and being so close to the NCR at Clark, there's a far bigger pool of Filipinos than there is in Cebu. NCR Filipino incomes are also considerably higher, making them more likely than Visayans to want to visit Bangkok as a tourist (it's a pretty glamorous destination for Asians as well as farangs). The foreigners are pretty much irrelevant as there's not going to be anything like enough of them to make the route profitable on their own. I'm fairly sceptical about its chances because unlike in Malaysia, where there's loads, there may not be enough Filipino OFW's in Bangkok and Thailand to form a customer base. There's a few tens of thousands, but not the many hundreds of thousands that there is in Malaysia. That's why I think that the Cebu Pacific Cebu-Kuala Lumpur flight, which is commencing the same day as the Bangkok one, will be the more popular flight.

Edited by udonthani
littlePP

I'm not wrong

My ticket, that I bought that cost me what I said, that I have up on Adobe Reader, says you ARE 100% wrong.

What they are selling them NOW is totally irrelevant, and no bearing on any of the inane arguments you are brought up at any point in this entire thread of total nonsense.

I bought my ticket when the flights to Siem Reap were announced, and the each way (before all the charges) were less then 1000 pesos, again, each way. 900 and something. In fact, it was cheaper going from Manila to Cambodia, then Davao City to Manila - thus again proving you wrong.

I'll make you a deal, and a wager - I will bet everything you own (except the traveled cheese and anything you have touched) vs everything I own in your assertion of what I paid vs what you suggested. Give a meet point when you post the hotel reviews in places nobody will never visit, although some scientists might go to collect your DNA in an attempt to create the worlds most always wrong man, and let's make it more realistic - 50,000 pesos bet.

Put your money up Mr. Ualways-wrong. :cheers:

• Like 1
udonthani

just peruse of the flights on the Cebu Pacific website you numbskull. It's all there. Do it 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months and 6 months, 7 months, 8 months, 9 months and 10 months, in advance. Promo average for Siem Reap-Manila one way is $120-140. Normal price is $170-200. You just got one of the very small number of especially cheap flights they put up on the site when it's them that decide what date you travel, not you and they are gone in minutes.

Perhaps we don't care? You can't compare a flight cost, when there is no competition - you'd have to be a total idiot not to notice that nobody else is flying that route. CebuPacific currently have a monopoly on that route. They can charge what the market will stand. Grow up!

Constantly bleating about it, to try to make yourself look so very well informed is ridiculous.

Exactly, I personally don't care, there simply is no competition flying Cebu - Bangkok so i'm ready to pay anything below 10,000 pesos for round trip tickets.

Also, the thousands of overseas Filipino workers who will be using this route won't care either, as their tickets are all being paid by their employees.

Now i'm sure Whippy the whiner will say 'there aren't enough OFW in that region' well, every time I flew Manila - Bangkok the plain was filled with Filipinos.

Edited by Mr.T
  • Like 1

It's funny to see someone complaining about things he can't afford, i'm sure theres plenty of people on this forum who will simply buy the tickets regardless of it being 2000 or 3000 pesos more than a flight from Manila or that other place in the middle of nowhere called Clark.

Last time I flew Cebu-Manila-Bangkok I paid 8,600 pesos the very same day. I basicly went to the Cebu Pacific office in Robinsons mall, purchased the ticket, and boarded the plane 5 hours later. Never complained about the price, just the stop over in Manila was annoying.

Edited by Mr.T
  • Like 2
udonthani

Clark is not in the middle of nowhere you clown. It's right next to the small area of the Philippines whose 16 cities, with about 15% of the population of the Philippines, generate about 40% of the total national income of the entire country.

It's funny to see someone complaining about things he can't afford, i'm sure theres plenty of people on this forum who will simply buy the tickets regardless of it being 2000 or 3000 pesos more than a flight from Manila or that other place in the middle of nowhere called Clark.

littlePP

just peruse of the flights on the Cebu Pacific website you numbskull. It's all there. Do it 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months and 6 months, 7 months, 8 months, 9 months and 10 months, in advance. Promo average for Siem Reap-Manila one way is $120-140. Normal price is $170-200. You just got one of the very small number of especially cheap flights they put up on the site when it's them that decide what date you travel, not you and they are gone in minutes.

Mr. U-Alwaysrwrong - I do not need to look at the prices they have now or the future, as in three months they can change again with specials, internet, promo ect. Of course you do realize they are entering the prime tourist season in Cambodia as of now, and I would guess, the prices are going to possibly increase more - and when the dead rainy season once again approaches, the 900 peso each way deals will be had for those who act quickly.

Understand?

I have the past as my proof.

I have a ticket, in hand, that has a price i paid. If you can explain how that price I paid was false (I also have credit card statements) - then I will pay you 50,000 pesos. However, if what i have is true (t is), then I will extract 50,000 pesos from your being, and you can take it like a man - you are a man yes/ then put your money where your blathering mouth is, and be one.

Deal?

50,000 pesos bet to show I paid 70 bucks each way.

littlePP

Clark is not in the middle of nowhere you clown. It's right next to the small area of the Philippines whose 16 cities, with about 15% of the population of the Philippines, generate about 40% of the total national income of the entire country.

It is, you anti clown, clown racist.

• Like 1