NEW - CEBU PACIFIC AIR - CEBU TO BANGKOK

Anyway, my friend confirmed he paid 5000 pesos for his round trip ticket Cebu-Bangkok. He booked 3 months in advance though, but still, awesome price!

• Like 1
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Mr.T

• littlePP

• Ungaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would welcome any flight that goes direct to Cebu rather than through Manila.

Try to keep up.   The topic is concerned with CebuPacific International flight Cebu to Bangkok.   Air Asia don't fecking fly that route. We are not oblivious, we just don't need to be constantly

maybe it's expensive for you, but not for me, and many people i know.   5000 pesos with return to Bangkok is dirt cheap

Posted Images

udonthani

he was lucky, provided he isn't just bullshitting. A lot of people claim to get cheaper fares, than they really got. Why don't you look at the prices yourself even further ahead than 3 months. Even the promo prices are way over 5000.

And why not? If the rerouting request is done well in time, the promo ticket could even be resold for the double/triple or whatever of it's original value?

because they can't. It's the terms and conditions the company uses which they cannot just ignore on a whim. Promos you can't alter at all. It's prominently displayed in the terms and conditions. Normal fares, you can but as you found out yourself, not easy or always worth it.

udonthani

they advertise their prices on the website. Look it up for yourself. I've looked at maybe 20 so far. Many promos are sold out already even for July. Other promos are still open even for January, but price of those is like 7000 so not that cheap. Overall average seems about 8000, sometimes the odd promo slips below 6000 so far I haven't seen one, even in like April, May, or June 2013, where it's 5000 or less. They can charge a lot higher than they can from Manila, to Bangkok. There's no competition.

he was lucky, provided he isn't just bullshitting. A lot of people claim to get cheaper fares, than they really got. Why don't you look at the prices yourself even further ahead than 3 months. Even the promo prices are way over 5000.

He asked me to go with him, the day he booked he sent me the Cebu Pacific website and asked if I wanted to book too, I checked and the promo was clearly visible.

You're a beaver full of negative bullshit.

udonthani

that's a personal attack it's not negative to state what the prices actually are. You can look them up yourself any time you want, like i have. Average price looks like it's going to be in the region of 8000. Not too bad but not really cheap, not for a budget airline. You can almost get a full-service airline fare for that to Bangkok from Manila, 200 dollars. I used to pay less than that, like $150 flying in from Bangkok with Kuwait, a few years back, they might be a crap airline but unlike Cebu Pacific, they are full service.

I have learned, however, that a Mr. Ivan Henry Gaw at [email protected] is in charge of the cadre of clowns posing as Customer Service representatives. I have penned the following missive to Mr. Gaw

I would have left off or reworded the bit about "Please don't reiterate your policy", not that it's going to matter. As Udon said, you agreed to the terms at purchase they're not going to do you any favors, they already have your money. These "budget" airlines are ok most of the time unless you have to change anything. Post 30 says it all.

that's a personal attack it's not negative to state what the prices actually are. You can look them up yourself any time you want, like i have. Average price looks like it's going to be in the region of 8000. Not too bad but not really cheap, not for a budget airline. You can almost get a full-service airline fare for that to Bangkok from Manila, 200 dollars. I used to pay less than that, like $150 flying in from Bangkok with Kuwait, a few years back, they might be a crap airline but unlike Cebu Pacific, they are full service.

OK so what's your point? You can't afford a 8000 pesos flight but others can. okay... so are you going to continue crying until next year or what?

Edited by Mr.T
  • Like 1
udonthani

Cebu Pacific are a pretty good airline. They have some features that are good, and which other budget airlines, don't have.

for example if you want to go from say Puerto Princessa to Hong Kong, via Manila the same day, they'll check your bags through like a normal airline would. Air Asia won't do that. Although it's not easy to get refunds off Cebu Pacific and it is a total nightmare, it is possible. With Air Asia it's basically not possible.

but Cebu Pacific is not good, on price. Not for international flights, consistently. I used to fly between Kota Kinabalu and Bangkok (when such a flight existed) and Clark (which still does) quite a lot with Air Asia. They wanted ridiculously low amounts of money for these flights which are not short hops - 60 dollars, 70 dollars. And it wasn't like a promo, where you just got a good price occasionally. Those were the normal, everyday prices.

Skywalker

Direct flights between Cebu and Bangkok are not new. They've been tried in the past, and presumably were not cost effective. I am particularly happy that they have reintroduced direct flights, because I still wish to visit Bangkok regularly, having lived there for 8 years.

CebuPacific have got the monopoly, as the only airline to offer this direct service. But, the market will still decide if it will be a viable concern, based on ticket sales and price sensitivity. The consumer will make a choice! Personally I don't care about the price, I want the hassle free, one trip journey that doesn't involve going via that toilet of an airport at Manila.

Whippy, who thinks (in his own mind) that he is right about EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET, AND OFF IT AS WELL, can continue to bore us about his hatred of CebuPacific in particular, and his general dislike of Cebu. I don't give a damn what he thinks (on just about every subject he pontificates on). I will be using that direct flight regardless of the cost - it's still bloody cheap for an international flight in my view.

Hopefully, if the flights are a success, one of the other airlines might provide some competition. There are a lot more Filipino workers within the Bangkok catchment area, than there were a few years ago. CebuPacific are taking a chance that the market is there, I will support that decision with my ticket money.

• Like 2
Rocketman
Whippy, who thinks (in his own mind) that he is right about EVERYTHING ON THE PLANET, AND OFF IT AS WELL, can continue to bore us about his hatred of CebuPacific in particular, and his general dislike of Cebu. I don't give a damn what he thinks (on just about every subject he pontificates on). I will be using that direct flight regardless of the cost - it's still bloody cheap for an international flight in my view.
LOVE it!!! :yahoo:
  • Like 2
udonthani

I'm a big fan of Cebu Pacific - but only on their domestic flights. I've just noticed, unlike most of you who seem to be totally oblivious that they charge at least double per km on their international flights, than what Air Asia does. Their domestic pricing is fine.

The information on the new route and promo rate was also in yesterdays newspaper.

Cool at least the newspaper works since the site still doesn't.

Skywalker

Try to keep up.

The topic is concerned with CebuPacific International flight Cebu to Bangkok.

Air Asia don't fecking fly that route. We are not oblivious, we just don't need to be constantly lectured by a guy who doesn't even live in the Philippines.

Now go and sell some soft serve will you.

• Like 4