NEW - CEBU PACIFIC AIR - CEBU TO BANGKOK

Will sit on the fence on this one.

1. If I was going to BKK, I would always opt for the most direct flight, unless significantly more expensive. I would avoid Manila as well as the additional expenses that I would probably incur.

2. I have often found Cebu Pacific to offer a fantastic price one way, but there was never a decent price for the return leg.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Mr.T

• littlePP

• Ungaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would welcome any flight that goes direct to Cebu rather than through Manila.

Try to keep up.   The topic is concerned with CebuPacific International flight Cebu to Bangkok.   Air Asia don't fecking fly that route. We are not oblivious, we just don't need to be constantly

maybe it's expensive for you, but not for me, and many people i know.   5000 pesos with return to Bangkok is dirt cheap

Posted Images

udonthani

what is this. Don't you guys know anything. You don't get refunds, or ticket changes easily with budget airline outfits like Cebu Pacific (you have to jump through a million hoops, just to get a discount on a future transaction), and if it's a promo you booked, you have no chance at all of getting anything. They'll just laugh at you. And they're within their rights to laugh at you, because it's all there in their terms and conditions which you agreed to when you bought the flight in the first place.

that's the downside with budget low-cost carrier airlines. You lose a lot of the flexibility you may have previously taken for granted, if you have been used to full service airlines.

the plus side with budget airlines is that you do at least usually get low prices, however with Cebu Pacific international flights, as opposed to Air Asia, who are simply the superior budget airline, you don't even get that.

udonthani

I

I am hoping to find a person at Cebu Pacific with the authority and good sense to do what is best for the company and for the customer and I sincerely hope you are that person, Mr. Gaw.

how would you like it if you were the one that set up a business and madeit profitable in the USA, and then you get some Chinese prat on a tourist visa telling you how to run it. So you know better than them? Where on earth did you get that idea?

Saint Amerikano syndrome once again. These old guys that come to the Philippines and feck girls thirty years younger than them, get it into their heads that they are these business titan captains of industry as well. It's actually very funny.

udonthani

I

I certainly will not pay a penalty for the privilege of saving Cebu Pacific substantial costs, I would rather suffer through the NAIA transfer experience.

once I was in an internet cafe in Sta. Fe Bantayan and there was this Swedish girl, in her 20s at the next terminal and I could see, that she was trying to get a flight change, change date. She was just getting her phone out, and preparing to talk to the call center.

I told her that it would be in her best interest, to just ditch the flight she had bought and if she really wanted to fly on a different date, to just buy a new one. I said that even if she was in town, and thus able to attend the Cebu Pacific office in person, it still wouldn't be worth it.

she ignored the advice and I watched her spend 25 minutes on her cell phone, running up a couple of hundred peso phone bill, before she found out that the cost of changing the flight was about the same as it would be, to buy a completely new one.

how would you like it if you were the one that set up a business and madeit profitable in the USA, and then you get some Chinese prat on a tourist visa telling you how to run it. So you know better than them? Where on earth did you get that idea?

You are right, undonthani. It must be more cost effective for an airline to process us at the check-in counter twice (instead of once), process us at the gate twice, not once, and fly us on two legs over a longer distance than one shorter. Where, oh where is my business sense?

Saint Amerikano syndrome once again. These old guys that come to the Philippines and feck girls thirty years younger than them, get it into their heads that they are these business titan captains of industry as well. It's actually very funny.

Undonthani, I would strongly prefer you not make any judgments about me, since you don't know me. What is really funny is your outrage at someone actually expecting service from a service company, and for a company to act rationally in its best interests and those of its most frequent customers.

You must have a burr up your ass about Americans, or Americans who come to the Philippines, or older men, or straight men. Maybe you should see someone about your issues instead of venting on the Forum...

• Like 2
udonthani

you just haven't read the terms and conditions where it states their policies - even though you agreed to them, otherwise you would not have been able to buy the flight.

actually Cebu Pacific's refund and ticket change set up, even though it's terrible compared to full-service airlines, is BETTER than most budget airlines, including Air Asia's.

bottom line is when you buy a flight with a budget airline in Asia better make sure you get on it as there's no sense in whining about changing it or getting a refund for it afterwards.

udonthani

You are right, undonthani. It must be more cost effective for an airline to process us at the check-in counter twice (instead of once), process us at the gate twice, not once, and fly us on two legs over a longer distance than one shorter. Where, oh where is my business sense?

they've got plenty of business sense. They sold you a flight and you agreed to the terms under which it was sold.

now you're turning round and trying to claim that you were in some way hard done by because you want to buy a new, totally different flight.

if you want to buy a new flight well there's nothing to stop you. Go ahead and buy it. Just don't expect them to agree to you being able to just ditch what you agreed with them and expect them to give you some chips back. You should know anyway that when it's a promo, there goes the slender chance you had of getting a refund. You should know it. It's in their terms and conditions which you agreed to. It's not something they tried to hide from you.

Promo fares and Lite Fares with promo code discounts and the applicable fees, taxes and surcharges are non-reroutable, non-refundable and may not be stored in a Travel Fund but may be rebookable (except to another promo seat after the sale period).

jusjoseph

1500 peso fuel surcharge each way.

post-11911-0-57177200-1349861213_thumb.jpg

now you're turning round and trying to claim that you were in some way hard done by because you want to buy a new, totally different flight.

Can I have some of what you are smoking? I am not claiming that I was "hard done", in fact I stated that I would be happy to fly on the itinerary I purchased. If they wanted to fly us one leg instead of two (which would make sense to any rational human), I would be happy to exchange my purchased tickets. I just don't know where you get the idea that I am trying to claim anything.

udonthani

If they wanted to fly us one leg instead of tw.

huh?

they can't do it. It's not as if they are being awkward. They couldn't do it even if they wanted to. They cannot give you any refund on promos. Zilch. Nothing. You agreed to this. They don't care whether they fly you on two flights, or just one.

1500 peso fuel surcharge each way.

Don't feel bad, JusJoseph. I bought our two tickets last May, CEB-MNL-BKK. The fuel surcharge (2 pax) is PHP 800 for CEB-MNL, and PHP 2,550 for MNL-BKK for a total of PHP 3,350. But because of the promo fare, the two tickets only cost me PHP 4,942.38 total (PHP 2,471.19 per person, one way).

I can fly London-Bankok for £421.

London-Cebu is £520, (with two changes) but if I want one change, then by Qatar-Pal, which is £699.

£699 less £421, would give me a lot of spare change to fly Bkk-Ceb by Cebu Pacific.

• Like 1
udonthani

what are you complaining about. Even the promos (I just looked at some for January) aren't cheap on the Cebu-BKK route - only 1000 pesos less than the normal fare. The average price of this is going to be around the 8000 mark. If I had the choice of going to Bangkok via Clark or Manila for 2500 rather than 8000 all in one go, it's a total no-brainer. Of course I'd go via Clark or Manila.

The route is expensive because they have no competition.

before she found out that the cost of changing the flight was about the same as it would be, to buy a completely new one.
Yes, this is actually true. Happened to me when I flew into Manila from Europe in January this year.

Having booked an onwards Cebu Pacific flight from Manila to Cebu in advance, I found that I was in Centennial in time and there was an earlier flight to Cebu, trying to rebook to that one I was asked to pay something like 3800Php.... ofcourse I ignored it and spent the hours having a few bees ;)

Edited by Kim_
they can't do it. It's not as if they are being awkward. They couldn't do it even if they wanted to. They cannot give you any refund on promos. Zilch. Nothing. You agreed to this. They don't care whether they fly you on two flights, or just one.
And why not? If the rerouting request is done well in time, the promo ticket could even be resold for the double/triple or whatever of it's original value?