Your partner was granted a Tourist Visa, without having to do medicals ?

We only applied for a 3 month Visa, I can't find the reference on the Immigration website but I am sure the medical was only applicable for longer stays, ie: not required for a 3 month visa.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattnlenny

• ozboy

• newtocebu

• mexiwi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the things that make the embassy decide to knock you back is the length of time you've been together (in Cambodia for instance) and what you did during that time. They also seem pick up any "o

Just joined Australiaforum.com n was reading thru the many posts there from people of all nationalities applying for entry visa to Oz.   What disturbed me kind of was the terrible time any people fr

Don't sweat it. If you can show that you are a genuine case you'll have no problems. For instance, make sure your wife knows your brothers and sisters names , what they do for a living and whether t

newtocebu

We were only ever required to do a medical when we asked for a six month visa.

For the 3 month stay, which is all they have ever given us anyway, it was not required.

Thanks mate - I guess that explains it ( we applied for a 12 month visa )

Seems rediculous though. If you do have a medical issue, are you less of a danger to the Australian public if you are only visiting for 3 months ( as opposed to six or twelve )

Mattnlenny

Yeah I know, it makes no sense at all.

We have had 3 visa now...all 3 months, however twice we have tried for six and only been given three. I hope you have better luck than us and get the 12 mate.

ellenbrook2001

hm you be lucky if you get 1 year normally 3 months then be very happy if you got 3 months so hard too get a visa too enter the AUSSIE land specialy from PHILIPPINES my family from FRANCE get a visa from PARIS embassy in 48 hours ,anywhere if you are an AUSSIE go too the immigration of your city they will tell you what going on or a long you had too wait they will give you all the information if your partener did make all requirements no worry all be good.

Yes, good luck, I am really pleased mine turned out to be fairly painless after all the horror stories and stressing.

I had spoken to Immigration in Australia and asked them a few questions, the lady on the phone was actually really helpful. Emailed out an information sheet and a standard wording stat dec for providing support.

Pain in the arse bit was they said to provide a copy of rates notice for my house, it only settled 31st August so no rates notice, no title, ended up getting a printout of the council's rates screen and a copy of my contract of sale.

Maybe I just confused the immigration officer and they just approved it before their head hurt too much.

newtocebu

Yeah well we thought we ticked all the boxes.

Very little age gap ( im 33, partner is 27 )

In a relationship for five and a half years, lived together full time in the Philippines for 15 months. In the four + years prior to that we had spent over twelve months together in person ( in total )

All the supporting docs proving our relationship from the beginning - photos, phone bills, emails, remittance slips, passport stamps etc

We have a 10 month old son ( already got his Aus citizenship & passport ) - Apart from 10 days we spent together in September, I hadnt seen him in person since March !!

Significant assets in the Philippines. Significant assets in Australia. All the supporting docs - house titles for both Philippines and Australia, bank statements, invitation letters etc etc

In hindsight, I think I gave them too much stuff to go through !!

Everything but the bloody health requirement !!

She is too well to qualify for a 'waiver' and not well enough to be granted a visa. Im effing frustrated !!!

Mate thats it exactly...people here post how easy immigration or visas r to oz.....not true...maybe some on this forum r lucky...you dont read the others who go thru shit...

Ok today my wife went to DFA to get her passport.....

Arrived 5am with adopted grandchild 5 yrs old plus her parents....the office is in Parkmall mandaue....over 300 people camped outside alot from far off provinces so no alternative but to sleep there overnight.

1. Because we had a child needing a passport she was let in immediately...i think they allow 40-50 in at one time the rest stay outside.

2. make sure you have your application filled out prior or they will give you the form n send you back to the end of the line.

3. Make sure all supporting documments are original, they wont accept photocopies no matter how close they are to the originals.

4.Even though she tried to explain we need the originals to process the visa the guy never cracked a smile n said that we just got to go back to NSO n get new originals, so no point making a fuss.

5.Damn my wife is from Batuan so now its a airplane trip back to get her baptismal certificate from the church there...another added expence n its like 15 days wait n they wont courier it out so extended stay with her parents so its not really wasted time in a way.

6. NFO local is ok for the other documents but you still pay. So my advice for what its worth is if your wife/partner comes from a distant province get 2 originals for everything....

7. Surprise package...they now charge a storage fee if you dont pick your passport up within the allotted time...The girl next door was in tears cos she came from some place in CDO, slept overnite but 2 months late had to pay late pick up of 350pesos n she just did not have that extra on her...my wife paid for it with promises she would send us the payment thru WU..but dont bank on that n really it was great to help her....

So just be prepared the rules change at the whim of the person behind the desk.......good luck

8. this express service was completed at 4.30pm so about about 12 hours, beats sleeping on a carton the whole nite lol.

Headshot

The DFA Offices are on the fourth floor of PACIFIC MALL...not Park Mall. :cool:

If you can afford it, anytime you go to NSO for certified documents, get at least six original (certified) copies (with individual receipts) of each and every document NSO has on you or your wife (or children). That includes birth certificates, marriage certificates, CEMARs, anything pertaining to you or your wife. You will thank me someday when you need one of these certified documents for something you never saw coming (like a Philippine passport renewal for your wife or child at a Philippine embassy). If you are no longer in the Philippines, then that becomes problematic. You can never have too many of these things.

Edited by Headshot

ok pacific.... park...my bad but its in mandaue..yeah park is near the bus turminal....n its on the 4th floor but dont bother to ride the lift you will need a cut lunch n a hurrican lamp lol

• Like 1