Mattnlenny

It should be a breeze for you guys mate, given that your wife has already been granted tourist visa's and demonstrated compliance ( presumably ) with the previous visa conditions.

Allocation of a case officer is the longest wait you will face. They say that this generally occurs 8 weeks after submission of your application. Count on doubling that. Once your case officer is assigned, providing you have met all the criteria ( along with supporting documentation, proof of relationship etc ) then it should only be a matter of a few weeks.

Wishing you all the best..

Thanks mate, I hope it's a smooth process.

We submitted the application on August 18th and we are yet to be allocated a case officer. I was starting to worry about it and was going to contact them. Have you been through this process? If so, how long did it take you from application to approval?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ozboy

• Mattnlenny

• newtocebu

• mexiwi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the things that make the embassy decide to knock you back is the length of time you've been together (in Cambodia for instance) and what you did during that time. They also seem pick up any "o

Just joined Australiaforum.com n was reading thru the many posts there from people of all nationalities applying for entry visa to Oz.   What disturbed me kind of was the terrible time any people fr

Don't sweat it. If you can show that you are a genuine case you'll have no problems. For instance, make sure your wife knows your brothers and sisters names , what they do for a living and whether t

newtocebu

Thanks mate, I hope it's a smooth process.

We submitted the application on August 18th and we are yet to be allocated a case officer. I was starting to worry about it and was going to contact them. Have you been through this process? If so, how long did it take you from application to approval?

We are still going through the process.

Our application was submitted ealy May ( 7th i think ) and our case officer was assigned late August ( dont expect to be advised when your case officer has been assigned ).

As mentioned previously in this thread, my partner is undergoing treatment for a pulmonary tb found on her right lung during the embassy's panel doctors review of her chest x-ray.

This is the only thing delaying the granting of her visa.

Despite being told that she is not contagious and poses no threat to the wider community at her follow up x-ray after her first two months of treatment, we are still no closer to knowing when the visa will be granted.

All that they are willing to tell us is that her medicals are 'deferred', and that she does not qualify for a 'waiver' because she technically has not 'failed'.

My gf and I visited the VIA office in Cebu on Sat morning to lodge her application for a Tourist Visa to visit during her smester break at Christmas, will see how that goes.

Don't know what it is like at other times, but Sat morning was the only time we could fit it in around her University class schedule, it was deserted, took about 15min to lodge everything

Hi guys if you go to ....australiaforum.com.....lots of posts about timeframes.....very active place n lots of general info....good place to read.

Best of luck for us...lol

What disturbed me kind of was the terrible time any people from Muslim countries were going thru even if married to Aus citizen and the weak excuses to reject application. Seems one of the reasons was about age difference

I think a lot of Australians would be happy to know that. I can assure you the reasons are not about age difference. ;)

Would you like to justify these statements.

Do you know something no one else knows?

>>> if you met the criteria

Could it be that the interviewer makes the criteria up as he goes?

Or are they set in stone, in which case, what are they?

KonGC

Its law, in this case immigration law and set in stone until the next change, the interview for a (permanent type visa) is not an interview that can be failed, its not a test...the right answers are the honest answers.

If your relationship is genuine and you both met the criteria you will eventually be granted a visa..the Aust Govt and its agency's cannot discriminate against anyone on any grounds...if the main applicant is a working bar girl with 4 kids to 4 different men she will still get a visa if she's honest about it and in a genuine relationship with you the sponsor.

>>> If your relationship is genuine and you both met the criteria you will eventually be granted a visa.

Yes, we agree on this. That's what I said way back about post #2

>>> if the main applicant is a working bar girl with 4 kids to 4 different men she will still get a visa if she's honest about it and in a genuine relationship with you the sponsor.

In that situation I would not hold my breath waiting for that visa.

KonGC

Good news for us.

As I said. Dropped my gf's tourist visa application in to VIA Cebu office last Saturday.

She got a text Tuesday to say it had arrived in Manila at Embassy.

Visa grant notice turned up by courier today.

Pretty stunned at the speed. And really pleased that she got it approved too.

• Like 1
Mattnlenny

Good news for us.

As I said. Dropped my gf's tourist visa application in to VIA Cebu office last Saturday.

Is this a tourist visa?

I found the staff at VIA the best ive dealt with anywhere in cebu.....

Mattnlenny

Yes. Tourist visa

On reading that again, I see that you had already said it was a tourist....sorry mate.

Mattnlenny

I found the staff at VIA the best ive dealt with anywhere in cebu.....

I got married at the cathedral next to the old church in Cebu and when we were getting all the requirements ready and signed off etc, the nun that we dealt with across the road for all that stuff was the best I've dealt with in Cebu by far. She was straight to the point, didn't feck about between customers, had all the relevent info onhand etc...

newtocebu

Good news for us.

Congrats mate.

No disrespect to you guys at all , but I am totally astonished by this..

Your partner was granted a Tourist Visa, without having to do medicals ?

It took over two weeks after our application was submitted for the embassy to instruct my partner to complete her medicals etc

The medicals can only be completed upon request of the embassy, and the results have to go direct from their nominated health facility to the embassy ( ie - you can not submit them with your application )

Mattnlenny

Congrats mate.

No disrespect to you guys at all , but I am totally astonished by this..

Your partner was granted a Tourist Visa, without having to do medicals ?

It took over two weeks after our application was submitted for the embassy to instruct my partner to complete her medicals etc

The medicals can only be completed upon request of the embassy, and the results have to go direct from their nominated health facility to the embassy ( ie - you can not submit them with your application )

We were only ever required to do a medical when we asked for a six month visa.

For the 3 month stay, which is all they have ever given us anyway, it was not required.