Just joined Australiaforum.com n was reading thru the many posts there from people of all nationalities applying for entry visa to Oz.

What disturbed me kind of was the terrible time any people from Muslim countries were going thru even if married to Aus citizen and the weak excuses to reject application.

Seems one of the reasons was about age difference. An australian guy (non muslim) also said he was going thru similiar stuff cos his Cambodian g/f was 20 years younger....

Has this just started or any Aussies here recently applied n got a spousal/fiance visa without age objections? doesnt worry me so much cos my wife n me r around the same vintage...

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ozboy

• Mattnlenny

• newtocebu

• mexiwi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the things that make the embassy decide to knock you back is the length of time you've been together (in Cambodia for instance) and what you did during that time. They also seem pick up any "o

Just joined Australiaforum.com n was reading thru the many posts there from people of all nationalities applying for entry visa to Oz.   What disturbed me kind of was the terrible time any people fr

Don't sweat it. If you can show that you are a genuine case you'll have no problems. For instance, make sure your wife knows your brothers and sisters names , what they do for a living and whether t

Mattnlenny

Are those people getting knocked back for the Spousal visas or tourist visas as well?

KennyF

One of the things that make the embassy decide to knock you back is the length of time you've been together (in Cambodia for instance) and what you did during that time.

They also seem pick up any "odd" vibes either of you might give off.

Keep in mind that the embassy staff regularly have applications from guys who are at the tail end of a 10 day holiday and want a visa for the girl they met 4 days ago.

I got a visa for my English wife back in the 70s. The guy we spoke to at the embassy said "you guys have been together for 2 or 3 years, married for 6 months and we're not in the business of breaking up families. She's in."

I also got one for my Thai fiancée in the 80s. The embassy said the same thing. "we can see you've been together for many years so no problem. Only thing is you must be married in Australia within 3 months."

In both cases we had substantial background documentation.

KonGC

• Like 2

Not sure, went to have lunch n 5 year old grandaughter turned her game on n now im researching the topics....but i think it mainly was spousal visas....im just curious cos i intend to apply for my wifes visa n you know sometimes you read too much into things n get nervous lol

KennyF

Not sure, went to have lunch n 5 year old grandaughter turned her game on n now im researching the topics....but i think it mainly was spousal visas....im just curious cos i intend to apply for my wifes visa n you know sometimes you read too much into things n get nervous lol

Don't sweat it.

If you can show that you are a genuine case you'll have no problems.

For instance, make sure your wife knows your brothers and sisters names , what they do for a living and whether they're big brother and sister or little brother and sister.

Know her parents names and a little about them. How many siblings has she got, what are their names

Be ready to brag about how good your grand daughter is doing in school.

It all sounds silly but the embassy simply need to know you're genuine couple.

KonGC

• Like 1
newtocebu

We are currently going through the 'Partner Visa' process.

We met all the criteria but one - Health. Unfortunately, my partner was found to have a pulmonary tuberculosis on her right lung.

She will finish her fourth month of treatment this time next week.

I recently read that the Health requirements can be 'waived' at the discretion of the case officer. I questioned our case officer about this, and whether my partner would qualify.

It seems that she wasnt sick enough !! You can only qualify for a 'waiver' if you 'fail' your medicals. Because she is undergoing treatment ( and is no longer contagious ), her medicals are defined as being 'deferred'.

In summary, you qualify for a 'waiver' if you have TB and are a risk to the health of Australians, but you dont qualify if you are still undergoing treatment and are not any risk to the health of Australians !!

Funny out of the 12 girls at CFO, 9 were going to melbourne....must be a big community there!!!!

For Real

Just joined Australiaforum.com n was reading thru the many posts there from people of all nationalities applying for entry visa to Oz.

What disturbed me kind of was the terrible time any people from Muslim countries were going thru even if married to Aus citizen and the weak excuses to reject application.

Seems one of the reasons was about age difference. An australian guy (non muslim) also said he was going thru similiar stuff cos his Cambodian g/f was 20 years younger....

Has this just started or any Aussies here recently applied n got a spousal/fiance visa without age objections? doesnt worry me so much cos my wife n me r around the same vintage...

There is a stack of hard evidence over the past decades that Aussies do not know how to choose a foreign partner that's a keeper & not a user and system abuser. Stupidity, lack of judgement & foresight is a curse for the fellow countrymen of all nationalities.

Australia is still a dream destination for the underprivileged. Some try their hand of luck by boarding a leaky boat on the high seas controlled by traffickers and some have found it slightly more comfortable to find a less than worldly punter as a meal ticket.

There used to be an option of a foreigner/Aussie being together sooner by living in New Zealand first

It really sucks to see the grievance caused in the genuine cases.

Edited by For Real
Mattnlenny

My wife has had 3 Tourist Visas to Aus. All have been for three months. We asked for 6 month visas for the last two, however, only three months were granted.

We have now submitted the partner visa application, done the medical and are now awaiting to be issued a case officer and for further instruction. You do hear some stories of very long processing time and rejections, but just need to be hopeful I suppose.

Contango

When applying for Australian visas, if you met the criteria and have completed all documentation requirements etc etc...you will be granted a visa...its not a test or personality, political or cultural correctness competition.

Its reasonably cheap and easy to appeal any decision made by the immigration dept...decisions taken by visa officers have to met legal tests.

KennyF

When applying for Australian visas, if you met the criteria and have completed all documentation requirements etc etc...you will be granted a visa...its not a test or personality, political or cultural correctness competition.

Its reasonably cheap and easy to appeal any decision made by the immigration dept...decisions taken by visa officers have to met legal tests.

Would you like to justify these statements.

Do you know something no one else knows?

>>> if you met the criteria

Could it be that the interviewer makes the criteria up as he goes?

Or are they set in stone, in which case, what are they?

KonGC

Edited by KennyF
lost aussie
There is a stack of hard evidence over the past decades that Aussies do not know how to choose a foreign partner that's a keeper & not a user and system abuser. Stupidity, lack of judgement & foresight is a curse for the fellow countrymen of all nationalities.

Seems to be two contradicting statements here.

Where do you get your hard evidence from? Then you say all nationality's are stupid so I'm glad you included all.

For Real

Seems to be two contradicting statements here.

Where do you get your hard evidence from? Then you say all nationality's are stupid so I'm glad you included all.

Why bother detailing hard evidence, your following statements have proven you don't even have basic comprehension skills.

For Real

Some lasses are just not the marrying kind -

Edited by For Real
newtocebu

My wife has had 3 Tourist Visas to Aus. All have been for three months. We asked for 6 month visas for the last two, however, only three months were granted.

We have now submitted the partner visa application, done the medical and are now awaiting to be issued a case officer and for further instruction. You do hear some stories of very long processing time and rejections, but just need to be hopeful I suppose.

It should be a breeze for you guys mate, given that your wife has already been granted tourist visa's and demonstrated compliance ( presumably ) with the previous visa conditions.

Allocation of a case officer is the longest wait you will face. They say that this generally occurs 8 weeks after submission of your application. Count on doubling that. Once your case officer is assigned, providing you have met all the criteria ( along with supporting documentation, proof of relationship etc ) then it should only be a matter of a few weeks.

Wishing you all the best..