Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

Booking on CP

Mike S

Tried booking a flight on CP from Manila to Cebu and I guess they still don't except credit cards on line as they keep telling me to enter another card ........ is there anyway around this other than showing up in person at the ticket counter for someone to buy a ticket on line ......

Thanks

misty
Tried booking a flight on CP from Manila to Cebu and I guess they still don't except credit cards on line as they keep telling me to enter another card ........ is there anyway around this other than showing up in person at the ticket counter for someone to buy a ticket on line ......

Thanks

You could ask a contact here in the Philippines to purchase your ticket under your name. It's a common practice nowadays for travel agents or airline companies to issue e-ticket. Once purchased, they'll give your contact your flight details and such and if you provided your email address, they'll even send you your confirmation and booking number.

Did the said ^ procedure before through a travel agency.

tim

One point on e-tickets. Make sure you print out all of the pages...not just the first couple of pages. We had two sets of tickets and I only printed out part of the 2nd ticket, thinking this would be enought. Well, when I had to cancel and try to get a refund on the second ticket, Cebu Pacific demanded that we furnish all of the pages to prove our purchase. I paid on a Credit Card and had confirmation # etc, from their web site. Try to call, email, etc for months. Never did get a refund from them. Will always tell people that they will cheat anyone they can, especially non-natives. They know that all they have to do is outlast you. Be careful with them and give them only the $ you can afford to give up. I might fly with them again, if I am forced to, but never will I trust them.

Tim from Memphis

pippolo

Hi Mike,

I had the same problem booking with Cebu Pacific with my VISA French card.

I even written them and they replied that "selected credit card from US & UK aren't accepted" ... mine is French, well robot reply ..

At the end I booked them via phone (international call, 20 minutes ..) to their call center in Manila (Tel: +63-2-70-20-888 ) & I had to write them at least 5 emails to have E-tickets via email.

FYI An alternative, if you're in US, could be this site: http://www.travelph.com/

It's more expensive than booking directly with CB (more or less 20US$ "commission"), and they accept only US credit card (or so they told me, so not mine ..).

One point on e-tickets. Make sure you print out all of the pages...not just the first couple of pages. We had two sets of tickets and I only printed out part of the 2nd ticket, thinking this would be enought. Well, when I had to cancel and try to get a refund on the second ticket, Cebu Pacific demanded that we furnish all of the pages to prove our purchase. I paid on a Credit Card and had confirmation # etc, from their web site. Try to call, email, etc for months. Never did get a refund from them. Will always tell people that they will cheat anyone they can, especially non-natives. They know that all they have to do is outlast you. Be careful with them and give them only the $ you can afford to give up. I might fly with them again, if I am forced to, but never will I trust them.

Tim from Memphis

Tim, just a clarification on this "print out all of the pages", in the "ELECTRONIC TICKET TRANSACTION RECEIPT" emails I received there are 6 different attachments, 4 jpg (Cebu logo, reservation number, etc.) & 2 words documents.

1 is a General Information (generic doc), the last one is the ELECTRONIC TICKET TRANSACTION RECEIPT.

I printed only this one, and it's only 1(one) page ... and the only one with my name, flight infos, etc.

Is it enough to travel or not (not talking of the cancellation issue you had here) ??

If I go to the airport with that is OK ??

Thanks & Best Regards,

Luciano

Mike S

Well maybe I should have clarified myself a little .... the ticket is for someone else but being paid by me ...... maybe that was a problem also as maybe they couldn't figure it out ........ but not to worry I sent the money so the ticket will be bought in Manila ..... does seem strange that with as many expats as there are and foreigners riding on their airline that they would be just a tad bit more considerate but then who knows ........

tom_shor
Well maybe I should have clarified myself a little .... the ticket is for someone else but being paid by me ...... maybe that was a problem also as maybe they couldn't figure it out ........ but not to worry I sent the money so the ticket will be bought in Manila ..... does seem strange that with as many expats as there are and foreigners riding on their airline that they would be just a tad bit more considerate but then who knows ........

You'd think that but you would be wrong. :crack-up:

Did you finally get all your ticket issues straightened out Mike?

When I am getting a ticket for someone on CP I do the same thing . Just send them the money.

CP is really funny about credit cards even in the Philippines. I bought two tickets on my last trip at their office. Sir we can only take a credit card for the ticket not for the taxes. Final bill ticket P1800 Taxes and Charges P3700. Good thing my GF had some cash on her. :as-if:;)

Mike S

Yea Tom ... the actual ticket was 488p but with tax, fuel and anything else they could tack on it came to 1912.60p ...... for a one way from Manila to Cebu

As for me hope I survive the time limit in Taipei and believe me my friend you are a lot better going with Cathay Pacific ...... wish I did ..... but at least those that follow will have a good example of what not to do ...... ;):crack-up::as-if:

tom_shor

Yes I could fill several chapters of don't let this happen to you. ;)

Glad you got it all worked out. I've flown Cathay Pacific before but not into Cebu. I'll let you know how that goes.

Enjoy your trip. and as the song says I'll see you in September :crack-up::as-if:

JLG

Pal is just as bad now, Sure was great while it lasted.