American Killed In Danao City

smokey

Murders > per 100,000 people 21 5.9 Ranked 21st in 2004. 3 times more than United States Ranked 63rd in 2004. Murders > WHO 11.9 5.6 Ranked 55th in 2004. 113% more than United States Ranked 88th in 2004. Murders with firearms 7,708 9,369

in the usa your more likely to be shot with a GUN then in most countries in asia .. but when you take the gun out and just say murder well the numbers go the other way

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• jtmwatchbiz

• Mr.T

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know it doesnt always work, but I believe that a great many of these situations can be resoved with humor rather than bravado .     When a drunk at a festival approaches you and asks for your bi

i believe ian was simply giving an example of how one may try to diffuse a situation instead of allowing it to become more confrontational. now of course some criminals may not be so easily placated b

He was shot for deeper reasons than his not letting this dirtball use his motorcycle. He was shot out of a deep seated resentment and jealousy because he was a Fil-Am dating one of the local girls. I

Headshot

The girls even think he is a snob. But as my brother tried explaining to the girls – he is just a quiet person who only speak when spoken to and doesn’t think he is gods gift to women!

Therefore, he probably IS God's gift to women. Congratulations on raising a respectful son. :good:

Edited by Headshot
Justin Kredible

Looking at his Facebook page is interesting to say the least. It is always fascinating to see how people portray/think of themselves.

Condolences.

Edited by Justin Kredible
  • Like 1
Alan S

I wonder what would reduce the number of murders in the Philippines?

It isnt always, or even usually, a foreigner, but far too often, it is.

Do the killers ever think of possible consequences?

Is it that the risks of getting caught are relatively low that makes it worth while?

Woulld tougher punishments make any difference?

Or is it just something that everyone should accept because "thats the way it is"?

MattFromGA
Or is it just something that everyone should accept because "thats the way it is"?

That is the way its always been. I can tell you're a pessimist. An optimist would see that it helps reduce the population problem.

• Like 1
MarinePride

i suppose...that is if you are comparing this place with Mayberry RFD. thank goodness you are trained to protect yourself. you remind me of another esteemed member who is also a "highly trained" ex-serviceman, who is now living in his own self-inflicted home-prison setting.

just out of curiosity...and since you are an American like me, how does the drug and violent crime problem here in cebu compare to USA cities?

This topic isn't about me and should not be construed as such. Crime here is as bad as anywhere I've ever been and you know what? Legal, law abiding foreigners have no way to defend themselves against it. I cannot legally carry a handgun here, or even have one in my home. That's a huge pile of steaming excrement, I'm not some dirtbag after all. I met the requirements in the USA, and I never had any problems with anyone wanting to do some bullshit, petty crime, or anything else to me. You see, when perps know the target just might have some defense, it changes the dynamics of the crime dramatically. In most cases, there will be no crime because most criminals are chicken shit. They don't want fair odds, only easy victims.

You asked me about American cities and drug / violent crime. I will say this about it. If you look at the cities where all of this is taking place, you will find that they have made it nearly impossible for the average, non connected person to own a handgun for self defense. I'm talking places like Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston. So there you go, disarm the people and crime will flourish. That is the way I see it, if you don't see it that way, I don't care. As we aren't in this together, contrary to what many of you would like to believe.

I'm done with this topic, so now all of the snipes and haters out there can post shit about how I'm paranoid, ex military, anti social or whatever bat shit weirdness you can conjure up. All you people do is nit pick shit and miss the bigger picture.

• Like 4
RogerDuMond

Murders > per 100,000 people 21 5.9 Ranked 21st in 2004. 3 times more than United States Ranked 63rd in 2004. Murders > WHO 11.9 5.6 Ranked 55th in 2004. 113% more than United States Ranked 88th in 2004. Murders with firearms 7,708 9,369

That is like comparing apples to oranges because of the large suburban and rural populations in the US. I would be willing to bet that if you compared only urban areas, the murder rate for the US would be much higher.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz
All you people do is nit pick shit and miss the bigger picture.

well after these posts of yours, i can see it quite clearly.

• Like 2
smokey

This topic isn't about me and should not be construed as such. Crime here is as bad as anywhere I've ever been and you know what? Legal, law abiding foreigners have no way to defend themselves against it. I cannot legally carry a handgun here, or even have one in my home. That's a huge pile of steaming excrement, I'm not some dirtbag after all. I met the requirements in the USA, and I never had any problems with anyone wanting to do some bullshit, petty crime, or anything else to me. You see, when perps know the target just might have some defense, it changes the dynamics of the crime dramatically. In most cases, there will be no crime because most criminals are chicken shit. They don't want fair odds, only easy victims.

You asked me about American cities and drug / violent crime. I will say this about it. If you look at the cities where all of this is taking place, you will find that they have made it nearly impossible for the average, non connected person to own a handgun for self defense. I'm talking places like Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston. So there you go, disarm the people and crime will flourish. That is the way I see it, if you don't see it that way, I don't care. As we aren't in this together, contrary to what many of you would like to believe.

I'm done with this topic, so now all of the snipes and haters out there can post shit about how I'm paranoid, ex military, anti social or whatever bat shit weirdness you can conjure up. All you people do is nit pick shit and miss the bigger picture.

you forgot the best state in the United States of American the great state of arizona... no carry permit needed..

smokey

That is like comparing apples to oranges because of the large suburban and rural populations in the US. I would be willing to bet that if you compared only urban areas, the murder rate for the US would be much higher.

roger the rate is PER 100,000 people so it can be apples to apples ////

List of countries by intentional homicide rate

Edited by smokey
For Real

I wonder what would reduce the number of murders in the Philippines?

It isnt always, or even usually, a foreigner, but far too often, it is.

Do the killers ever think of possible consequences?

Is it that the risks of getting caught are relatively low that makes it worth while?

Woulld tougher punishments make any difference?

Every crime has motive & reward.

When there is a hard evidence inspired perception of getting away with murder and the same perception of of nothing to lose the motive is simple to define.

Tougher punishments? If your perception of reality is that life is shit - what penalty could stop you.

There is wisdom in accepting that "that's the way it is" in societies like the Philippines.

RogerDuMond

roger the rate is PER 100,000 people so it can be apples to apples ////

List of countries by intentional homicide rate

NO it can't. If you read what I said. The US has a greater portion of inhabitants in suburban and rural areas where the violent crime rate is much lower. So if you compare only urban areas, I believe the US rate would be higher. This would be a much more representative comparison. In other words, this would be apples to apples not the apples to oranges of your statistics which are skewed by location of the population.

Headshot

NO it can't. If you read what I said. The US has a greater portion of inhabitants in suburban and rural areas where the violent crime rate is much lower. So if you compare only urban areas, I believe the US rate would be higher. This would be a much more representative comparison. In other words, this would be apples to apples not the apples to oranges of your statistics which are skewed by location of the population.

What if you compared rural areas...then what do you think they comparison would be?

Edited by Headshot