Hello Texasgirl newbie

Texasgirl

JamesMusslewhite

Welcome Texasgirl.

I am a Houston (Heights/Montrose) boy myself, moved here with my family back in October 2008. I live in Surigao and not Cebu but you picked an excellent forum to query, because collectively there is over 100 years of Cebu experience and eyes in almost every part in and around Cebu. I have found this to be an excellent and trusted pool of knowledge and depository of real hands-on experiences. Hope you have a pleasant move and a happy life wherever it is you finally decide to lay down your hat.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
Rocketman

I too came here from Texas (Lake Conroe Area) and arrived in March after many years of visits. I went through the same thing that you are going through and decided to get rid of anything I wouldn't need and downsize. I shipped everything in a 20' container and am glad I did. 1st - I like my stuff :-) but really, it's quite hard to find good things here. When I compared the cost of shipping less of a load, it didn't save me much. I chose to live in a condo and again, I'm very happy with the choice so far. It's high-priced for Cebu, but it's also the closest thing to living like I did back home. It's quiet, cool and quite safe. I don't plan to buy to allow me flexibility but more importantly, I think the condo market will crash in the next few years and would rather keep my money in the market back home. Let me know if I can help.

Brucewayne

I lived in Wichita Falls for about 8 years.

What part are you from?