• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PapaRay

• SkyMan

• udonthani

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OP: You didn't specify but it sounds from your vague post you're arriving with a 13A? If so, ignore all the previous replies as they have nothing to do with you. When you go through immigration at the

what paperwork are u bringing ?   Follow the line of ppl going to collect there luggage and b4 u know it your lining up for immigration, they will give u a 21 day stay and a few days b4 that termina

it's now 30 days

spooks

If you have a 13a on arrival, what is the rush you have plenty of time to complete the formalities you are NOT restricted for time as under a tourist visa, unless they have decided to treat arriving 13a the same as a tourist??

what is the rush

if I'm not mistaken someone stated in an earlier post there is a short time frame to complete the paperwork. May be mistaken, guess I'll find out when I arrive. Just want to thank everyone for the input, it's been very informative

I just happened to look at my visa again. It was issued 12 Sept 2012 and is valid until 11 Sept 2013 issued under 13a non-quota immigrant. So I guess I'll have plenty of time. I'm sure there will be some hoops but should be easy. Again my gratitude for all your help.

:kissass:

SkyMan

Like I said, check the link I posted above. You only have a week on arrival to complete the hoops.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

You are correct on the 7day period. I went the afternoon of my arrival and was done before the end of business. Had to return a month later to pick up my ACR It is valid until Oct 2017

Now for my next question, I have to return in January I was told to report. What is this annual "report" and what is involved.

smokey

You are correct on the 7day period. I went the afternoon of my arrival and was done before the end of business. Had to return a month later to pick up my ACR It is valid until Oct 2017

Now for my next question, I have to return in January I was told to report. What is this annual "report" and what is involved.

show up pay the fee

pay the fee

How much is the fee? any other paperwork involved?

SkyMan

How much is the fee? any other paperwork involved?

Hand them your ACR card, pay p310, get your card back and do keep the receipt.
  • Like 1

I'm guessing you have to appear in person. Is there anyway to get around the personal appearance?

Headshot

I'm guessing you have to appear in person. Is there anyway to get around the personal appearance?

Ancienrocka could probably tell you for sure.

udonthani

no you don't have to appear in person. For example last time I was there some Brit plonker turned up, not only with his wife and kid and pram, as if they were on a stroll in the park rather than on a piece of official business, but minus a pair of long pants too. After arguing vainly with the guard to get in, I said he didn't actually have to go into the building at all as his wife could process the application for him, as indeed I could, or just about anybody else could - although the 18 month old in the pram would have probably struggled to pull it off.

Headshot

no you don't have to appear in person. For example last time I was there some Brit plonker turned up, not only with his wife and kid and pram, as if they were on a stroll in the park rather than on a piece of official business, but minus a pair of long pants too. After arguing vainly with the guard to get in, I said he didn't actually have to go into the building at all as his wife could process the application for him, as indeed I could, or just about anybody else could - although the 18 month old in the pram would have probably struggled to pull it off.

Whippy, you have absolutely no idea what "piece of official business" the Brit was transacting at Immigration. Some business others can do for you. Some business you have to do for yourself. That's why I said the Paul (Ancienrocka) should comment. He has a handle on when you need to be present and when you don't. I have always done everything for myself at Immigration, but a lot of people have others do those things that others are allowed to do. Paul would know. You and I would just be guessing. The annual report is a specific action, and isn't like a visa renewal.

• Like 1

REPUBLIC ACT NO. 562 - ALIEN REGISTRATION ACT OF 1950

http://www.chanroble...ml#.UKOpO2ca4kQ

Section 10. Every alien subject to the provisions of this Act shall, within the first sixty days of every calendar year, report in person to the Bureau of Immigration, if residing in the City of Manila, or to the office of the respective city or municipal treasurer, if residing in another locality. The official in charge shall thereupon make a proper notation to that effect on the registration certificate, to which notation a fifty-centavo documentary stamp furnished by the alien shall be affixed. The parent or legal guardian of an alien who is less than fourteen years of age; shall have the duty of reporting for such alien: Provided, That whenever any such alien attains his fourteenth birthday in the Philippines, he shall thereafter report in person and furnish the required fifty-centavo documentary stamp once a year within the period and at the place above designated.

Well the fees has changed a bit, but it says IN PERSON

http://immigration.g...=1432&Itemid=78

BI deadline for aliens’ annual report nears February 23, 2012

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) reminded today all foreigners in the country that they have only until March 2 to report in person to the bureau for their annual report, lest they face sanctions for being improperly documented aliens.

BI Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. said the March 2 deadline will not be extended as the alien registration act of 1950 directs foreigners to make the annual report within the first 60 days of every calendar year.

David urged foreigners who have not yet made the annual report to go the nearest immigration field office now instead of waiting for the deadline.

He warned that those who fail to make the annual report will be meted administrative fines or face deportation proceedings.

Lawyer Ronaldo Ledesma, BI acting alien registration chief, said that under Sec. 10 of the said act, aliens who are holders of immigrant or non-immigrant visas must make the annual report.

“They can report either to the BI main office in Intramuros, Manila or any of its field or satellite offices nationwide,” Ledesma said.

Ledesma again advised foreigners to go directly to the bureau’s cashier office, pay their fees and demand an official receipt so they would not to be victimized by “fixers.”

Under the rules, foreigners making the annual report should bring with them their ACR identity card (I-Card) and certificate of residence.

An annual report fee of P300 and P10 legal research fee shall be paid by a foreigner to the bureau.

A foreigner who holds the old paper-based ACR and whose visa is not exempt from paying immigration fees shall not be allowed to make his annual report until he applies for an ACR I-Card.

As for aliens who are below 14 years of age or 65 years old and above, it shall be the duty of their parents or legal guardians or representatives to make the report on their behalf. ###

Looks like if you are under 14 or 65 or older that you do not have to show up in person