I cann't find the earlier post on the BOI in Cebu. Am arriving wednesday, already completed the Visa paperwork in the states. Is the BOI in the airport or do I have to go somewhere else. I think I read somewhere it will cost about 5000p to complete the process there, correct?

My flight arrives around 11:30am, does it close for lunch? Should I go there first or go to my hotel and return?

Any suggestions help appreciated. Thanks

:yahoo:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PapaRay

• SkyMan

• udonthani

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OP: You didn't specify but it sounds from your vague post you're arriving with a 13A? If so, ignore all the previous replies as they have nothing to do with you. When you go through immigration at the

what paperwork are u bringing ?   Follow the line of ppl going to collect there luggage and b4 u know it your lining up for immigration, they will give u a 21 day stay and a few days b4 that termina

it's now 30 days

what paperwork are u bringing ?

Follow the line of ppl going to collect there luggage and b4 u know it your lining up for immigration, they will give u a 21 day stay and a few days b4 that terminates, u ask a cab to take u to BOI Mandaue.

if u open maps.google.com and paste this " Bureau of Immigration, P.J.Burgos, Mandaue City, Central Visayas, Philippines " minus the quotation marks, in the search field it will show u where it is as well.

Welcome in the Philippines Sir, have a nice stay

Rune

• Like 1
udonthani

you can get an extension at any time during the initial 21 day period. In fact I think it's best to get it done quite quickly, within the first few days, to get it over with.

udonthani

they made the announcement that they were going to introduce 30 days, but so far nobody has reported actually getting a 30 day stamp as far as I'm aware of. I'm certainly not expecting to get 30 days when I turn up at the Bacolod BoI office to get my first extension next month.

If you come with a pre arranged entry visa, they will give you a 59 day stay permit (no fee)

If you come with no entry visa, they will give you a 21 day stay permit (no fee)

See extension fee's here

http://immigration.g...d=118&Itemid=43

You will find immigration in cebu just where the center cross is

http://wikimapia.org...=19&l=0&m=s&v=9

Edited by Woolf

they made the announcement that they were going to introduce 30 days, but so far nobody has reported actually getting a 30 day stamp as far as I'm aware of. I'm certainly not expecting to get 30 days when I turn up at the Bacolod BoI office to get my first extension next month.

Going of the tracks a little, but : the 30 day visa is as far as I have seen to (on day somewhere in the future) replace the 21 days u normally get at the point of entry, so yes u wont get it as an extension.

udonthani

maybe I'll be the first one to report getting a 30 day stamp on arrival at NAIA. I'll take a good look.

I'm not betting on it though.

also if you go through immigration at like 1am, you might only get 20 or 29. They don't necessarily change the stamp at midnight. You have to look at your watch and check with them as it can be important.

I will arrive at NAIA on oct 2 at 4:35 pm, I will try to remember to tell how many days I get

Maybe Next Yr

I arrived this past Thursday (9-27) and got 21 days (10-18).

• Like 1

OP: You didn't specify but it sounds from your vague post you're arriving with a 13A? If so, ignore all the previous replies as they have nothing to do with you. When you go through immigration at the airport, inform them you have a 13A visa. Give them your passport open to the 13A stamp in your passport. You may also need to show them the ppackage the embassy gave you so keep that handy. I personally would go to a hotel first so you aren't dragging around luggage at the BOI. Relax from your flight. Then go to the BOI in Mandaue the next day and take care of the rest of the process. Figure on this taking a few days and maybe even a week as part of what you need is some medical clearance (Why? I have no idea at all.) and the Dr that does it isn't often available.

Really though, and this applies to anyone who reads this, if you mention a visa, please mention what type of visa so people give you better anwers or don't answer when they have no clue what you're talking about.

As for the cost to complete the 13A I think it's higher than p5000 but less than p10K anyway. Part of the cost is getting the ACR-I card and that's $50 converted to pesos on the day you pay it. I don't think they get the day's exchange rate until 10AM from Manila so it doesn't help to go too early in the AM for that. Maybe 9 or 930 just to get the paperwork done and then you wait for the cashier.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 3
13A visa

That is correct it is 13A. I guess I'll have to come back to Cebu the following week cause I have a flight to Siargao Friday morning. I'll get done what I can then return. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Can anyone tell me, do I need the wife there with me?

Yes, I would imagine so.

BTW, I deleted the two posts for you and corrected the spelling issue.

SkyMan

That is correct it is 13A. I guess I'll have to come back to Cebu the following week cause I have a flight to Siargao Friday morning. I'll get done what I can then return. Maybe I'll get lucky.

In that case I would go to the BI right after you arrive if possible. Perhaps drop your bags at a hotel first though. I think their lunch break is over at 1. At least then you can find out what you need to do and which day to come back to Cebu. Like I said, I think you can only do the medical on one day of the week so find out which day that is.