CFO or Passport First!

Headshot

So...they've moved it from the Mango Avenue location to the old Colon DFA office?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• spooks

• SkyMan

• ozboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think maybe he meant to say that emmigration isn't the only reason.  Filipinos don't tend to make waves, just accept and move on.  The reason there isn't an angry mob wanting to do away with this i

Very topical -- my wife is renewing her passport, so she had to do the CFO thing. We have travelled many times (with her old passport in her maiden name), no CFO certificate or sticker was needed.  

I stand corrected. Somehow I was under the impression that Oz had no actual fiance visa. Guess I better stick to US visas!     Larry in Dumaguete

shadow

So...they've moved it from the Mango Avenue location to the old Colon DFA office?

That was the SMEF location, DFA has taken over the process;

http://www.pinayvisa.com/the-cfo-seminar.html

We have a client going up tomorrow from Dumaguete to take her CFO seminar, I will report her experience when we get it.

Larry in Dumaguete

shadow

The old DFA blg on Lapu Lapu St. in Colon, just last week.

Thanks, as with when the nuns were doing this, reports vary considerably. We have had clients breeze through with the nuns, while the next client that went to them with the same documentation were made to return again, and again, and again. Bottom line is they can and do ask for anything they want at times, all one can do is comply.

Larry in Dumaguete

SkyMan
I had to procure an "Affidavit of Legal Capacity to Marry" from the US Consulate before securing a marriage license. Of course, none of this precludes having six wives in Tanzania and four in Eritrea.
In actuality, you could have a dozen wives in the US as well making that expensive piece of paper an absolutely worthless bit of red tape. You could marry 400 women, walk in and raise your hand and swear to having never been married and get one.

Well Ungaro i dont know what to say but my wife was there on friday n i just dont buy your story...Sorry mate....We will see the report from larrys client.....

There were only 12 admitted by 7am, others turned away....! lady failed cos she disclosed her husband had 2 previous marriages but only had 1 divorce paper....She was told to return with the other one.....So they are strict n petty...

In actuality, you could have a dozen wives in the US as well making that expensive piece of paper an absolutely worthless bit of red tape. You could marry 400 women, walk in and raise your hand and swear to having never been married and get one.

That would be perjuring my felonious self. I took an oath that I was not married in the USA. They did not ask me about Bhutan, Bulgaria, Belarus, etc.

The CFO Extension office is at:

Causing Lozada building, Osmena blvd. corner MJ. Cuenco Ave. Cebu City,..tel. number 255 5253, across Plaza Independencia....it's near Sto. Nino Church....

Edited by ozboy

Well Ungaro i dont know what to say but my wife was there on friday n i just dont buy your story...

That really hurts, Ozboy. I pride myself on integrity and credibility and now I am wounded for life.

Sarcasm aside, you see there is a different system and schedule for US-bound pinays (married to us ugly 'mericans). They only had 10 people signed up for that day's class. They have one every day for gringos.

Spooks the requirements are whats on the website...only thing they asked for was during the 1 on 1 was for photos of two of you together...lucky we had them.....

Ungaro no way challenging anything....maybe you were lucky on your day your applicants were below quota...this is the general procedure to educate others but not rely on 1 individuals GOOD FORTUNE...no offence meant but as the op i asked what came first passport or CFO.......n my wifes experience.

Also i was talking about Australian Applicants....we only have 2 days....Cheers

Edited by ozboy
spooks

Spooks the requirements are whats on the website...only thing they asked for was during the 1 on 1 was for photos of two of you together...lucky we had them.....

Yes the website does say "other documents" which is where I got it from. It does not say what the "other documents" are. I suspect we all know that this is a catch all statement to cover anything anyone dreams up on any given day and will not be repeated for another day etc. So I ask again has anyone had any direct experience of being asked for "other documents" if so what were they? I appreciate that anyone not asked will not have any knowledge or experience of this Edited by spooks
shadow

Yes the website does say "other documents" which is where I got it from. It does not say what the "other documents" are. I suspect we all know that this is a catch all statement to cover anything anyone dreams up on any given day and will not be repeated for another day etc. So I ask again has anyone had any direct experience of being asked for "other documents" if so what were they? I appreciate that anyone not asked will not have any knowledge or experience of this

You are correct, the "other documents" is a phrase used at the whim of the ones who wish to flex their muscles. They can and do ask for whatever they wish, one can only comply if they want the certificate.

Larry

SkyMan
That would be perjuring my felonious self.
Perhaps, but if someone were married to multiple women I'm guessing they wouldn't be too concerned with a little perjury.
I took an oath that I was not married in the USA. They did not ask me about Bhutan, Bulgaria, Belarus, etc.
Nor would they ever. The letter only regards the US and the US Consolate could care less about what you've done in other countries. The leter therefore proves nothing and then you only have to prove you haven't been married in the Phils before with a Cenomar. Edited by SkyMan

Perhaps, but if someone were married to multiple women I'm guessing they wouldn't be too concerned with a little perjury.

unless they are orthodox Mormons (LDS), but they are unlikely to come here to pursue their polygamy.

shadow

unless they are orthodox Mormons (LDS), but they are unlikely to come here to pursue their polygamy.

Don't be so certain, PLENTY of Mormons here.

Larry in Dumaguete