film about illegal detention of foreigners in phil through immigration

the video link is to part 1

from what i gather the people who most likely victims of arrest are foreingers with investments here who once they are deported have their property siezed by the govt.

has anyone known or been victim of the corrupt immigration system in the phil?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNzaSWjouA

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Headshot

• Davaoeno

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another thing, one that this video shows quite well. Do NOT move to the Philippines and build a fancy home worth tons of money. Live a modest lifestyle. You don't have to arrive in country and build a

If you are married, and own property in her name, it cannot be seized...even if you are deported. Now...if your wife was the one who got you deported, then you are probably toast. Just keep a low prof

Noooooooooooooooo. Neveeeeeeeeeeeerrrr.     And, never, ever, ever purchase anything in the Philippines that you do not wish to lose, or that you cannot afford to lose.

Headshot

If you are married, and own property in her name, it cannot be seized...even if you are deported. Now...if your wife was the one who got you deported, then you are probably toast. Just keep a low profile, mind your own business, don't get political or intentionally offend others, and it is very unlikely that you will find yourself sideways with the law here. Just about the only way you can be deported is if you break a law. So don't break any laws. BTW, this video is years old, of questionable origin, and is probably irrelevant, since nobody in Manila is going to help you in Cebu anyway.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

the video link is to part 1

from what i gather the people who most likely victims of arrest are foreingers with investments here who once they are deported have their property siezed by the govt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLNzaSWjouA

thanks for the link, the film was very interesting

Noooooooooooooooo. Neveeeeeeeeeeeerrrr.

Just keep a low profile, mind your own business

And, never, ever, ever purchase anything in the Philippines that you do not wish to lose, or that you cannot afford to lose.

• Like 1

If you are married, and own property in her name, it cannot be seized...even if you are deported. Now...if your wife was the one who got you deported, then you are probably toast. Just keep a low profile, mind your own business, don't get political or intentionally offend others, and it is very unlikely that you will find yourself sideways with the law here. Just about the only way you can be deported is if you break a law. So don't break any laws. BTW, this video is years old, of questionable origin, and is probably irrelevant, since nobody in Manila is going to help you in Cebu anyway.

I disagree with your conclusions about this being questionable in terms of origin. The German guy who married one of the highest command officers in the PNP a rarity in itself as she is lady is of good background and has done nothing to tarnish his reputation except stand up for himself. the former head of The BID who is being held accountable keeps going missing at court time, not feeling very well etc. Seems a national past time for government officials to not be too well when taken to court etc
  • Like 1

What Paul said.

KonGC

Another thing, one that this video shows quite well. Do NOT move to the Philippines and build a fancy home worth tons of money. Live a modest lifestyle. You don't have to arrive in country and build a $100,000 USD home to live in, in order to be content in the Philippines.

• Like 7

to pauls point -

so it seems just keeping a low profile and not buying anything expensive a la 100k home keeps you from risk of being a canidate of extorsion like the guys in the film

Skywalker

Hmm so I should immediately cancel my new Palace in the hills outside of Cebu, a modest home with only 9 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms and ballroom?

What a shame.

Hmm so I should immediately cancel my new Palace in the hills outside of Cebu, a modest home with only 9 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms and ballroom?

What a shame.

You do not need much of anything at all

the late John Martin fell foul of such actions, google John Martin story, i knew John personally.

Currently Keven Taylor is going through similar problems all charges so far dismissed and some more now appear to be going the same way. Sadly the experience is hurting Kevin's pinay wife hardest

Headshot

I disagree with your conclusions about this being questionable in terms of origin. The German guy who married one of the highest command officers in the PNP a rarity in itself as she is lady is of good background and has done nothing to tarnish his reputation except stand up for himself. the former head of The BID who is being held accountable keeps going missing at court time, not feeling very well etc. Seems a national past time for government officials to not be too well when taken to court etc

Fair enough...

Headshot

What a shame.

That's not a home. That's a brothel. Since it's a money-making venture, that is different... :wave:

That's not a home. That's a brothel. Since it's a money-making venture, that is different... :wave:

:pimp::bar:
Skywalker

Actually it's a House of ill repute - brothels don't have ballrooms. :regler: