Sign in to follow this  
submarenuhon

Win Server 2003 Standard Ed (HELP pls!)

submarenuhon

hello all :beer:

i'm not sure if this is the right thread i post my inquiry but just hoping this will be my last stop in searching for an answer of my predicament :not_see:

i'm using Win Server 2003 Standard Edition as my OS, and after i run System Recovery through the same CD installer i used when i 1st installed ... it now requires activation :scratch_head:

and i'm now into 29-days left for activation left as can be seen on it's KEY-icon from the taskbar but the problem is that it's not accepting the CD Key i've used during the initial installation almost 3-years ago now :closedeyes:

i've been searching windows activator, as well, SLP loader though i haven't tried it before as i was only advised by my friends to seek more information about my predicament :rolleyes:

just hoping too i didn't violate any rules but if ever i did just let me know as i'm not really confuse and too worried much more too restless and nervous how am i going to resolve all these :sad_01:

Steve

If it's not accepting the CD key, you should contact Microsoft.

• Like 1

Skywalker

Have a read of this, it might help:

http://opensourcerules.info/cdkey.html

Forefall

What are you doing running Server 2003 if you're not running a server (which I'm taking a wild stab at judging by your post)? I'm confused. Upgrade to Windows 7 or something. The Pirate Bay is waiting for you.

• Like 1

Fish Sandwich

What Steve said. If you've used the key in the past, Microsoft marks it as used and therefore won't let you use it again until you call them. Don't take no for an answer as they might give you a song and dance about whatever. Just tell them your computer crashed. Try and get a hold of the India support team (in the evening) as they seem to care less and will typically give you less resistance.

JohnSurrey

Other posters are right - just contact Microsoft - I had to do this for something sometime - As long as you were the original licencee (think that is the right spelling) they should be able to trace your purchase and give you a new key...

Hmmm... someone else might know better but if you bought the software for use in US or Europe for example MS might technically be within their rights to refuse to license you in Asia :cool: ... times are tough at the moment

Fish Sandwich

Try this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851

I remember calling one time and getting so pissed because it seemed like I couldn't get around the hourly fee support. Anyway, you don't have to pay, you just have to be persistent or lucky to get to the right place.

booger10

Other posters are right - just contact Microsoft - I had to do this for something sometime - As long as you were the original licencee (think that is the right spelling) they should be able to trace your purchase and give you a new key...

Hmmm... someone else might know better but if you bought the software for use in US or Europe for example MS might technically be within their rights to refuse to license you in Asia :cool: ... times are tough at the moment

True, contact Microsoft and just tell them you restored your computer. I have done that with XP pro a few times. Once I installed it, I had a HD fail in a couple days, had to reinstall it and same thing happened to me. Just called and they gave me new number. If you own the software, no problem.

submarenuhon

hi all once again and good day too :wave:

take it from me ... and let me say this, "thanks to all for keeping these thread updated" :bar:

i didn't realized that i'll received an overwhelming response to my post. though i can that it's really not the kind of answer i'm expecting as i was anticipating that it would be more technical-in-nature but seems it's more ethical-in-aspect (lol) :spiteful:

but i'm not losing hope ... i'm sure that their will still be individuals or group of persons who will share their expertise without second thoughts :survivor:

cheers! :beer2: