Sign in to follow this  
Penguin

Money Gram, better than Xoom

Penguin

I don't see Money Gram mentioned here as a way to send money. It sure beats Western Union and even Xoom.

Money Gram charges less than $10 to send any amount up to $500(or more) and you can send it from any Wal-Mart. Pick up is easy at many different pawnshops and banks. The exchange rate is better than Xoom.

Bob Ward
I don't see Money Gram mentioned here as a way to send money. It sure beats Western Union and even Xoom.

Money Gram charges less than $10 to send any amount up to $500(or more) and you can send it from any Wal-Mart. Pick up is easy at many different pawnshops and banks. The exchange rate is better than Xoom.

Good point! I use them every month, to actually get money rather than send it. There is a novelty for you!

Edited by Bob Ward

shadow

We much prefer Moneygram over Xoom. Nothing beats WU for ease of pickup though.

Larry in Dumaguete

chimellie

I like Xoom and PNB because I can send money from my computer and they withdraw money from my checking. PNB charges me $7 for transaction from $1 to $500. Xoom is about the same.

If Moneygram allows me to send money online, I would give them a shot.

Penguin
I like Xoom and PNB because I can send money from my computer and they withdraw money from my checking. PNB charges me $7 for transaction from $1 to $500. Xoom is about the same.

If Moneygram allows me to send money online, I would give them a shot.

I get various checks sent to me every month. My sister handles all of the deposits for me. I was going to have her Fedex me the atm card but I didn't want it lost. I just told her to hold on to it for me and send me a moneygram every month. I only thought I'd be here a month or two. 7 months on and it just seems easy enough to do and no need to save a couple of dollars doing something else.

CaptainJackson
I was going to have her Fedex me the atm card but I didn't want it lost.

Just a note about Fed-X.

I sent a large package from the US to Tabunock, Talisay, via Fed-X. They delivered to the door, and waited while the box was unpacked and inventoried. Damn good service. So if you want your sister to send something via Fed-X, I think you will actually get the item.

Bob Ward

Just a note about Fed-X.

I sent a large package from the US to Tabunock, Talisay, via Fed-X. They delivered to the door, and waited while the box was unpacked and inventoried. Damn good service. So if you want your sister to send something via Fed-X, I think you will actually get the item.

I wanna be rich like you some day! Must have cost a small fortune!

chimellie

Just a note about Fed-X.

I wanna be rich like you some day! Must have cost a small fortune!

Bob, you didn't know the Captain is rich ? He's buying drinks for us in April.

ologist

This is from Xoom's website. Is there a catch? I know this is for a US-based bank transfer, but that is how I send money so no worries for me. It seems darn cheap.

Philippines

Amount To Send Xoom Value Fee Western Union

$50 $3.99 $16.00

100 3.99 16.00

200 5.99 16.00

300 7.99 16.00

500 9.99 32.00

600 10.99 50.00

750 10.99 56.00

1000 11.99 68.00

Compared to fees shown at westernunion.com, Feb 21, 2008

Our fees are shown for disbursement in PHP

ologist

i fixed all of the spacing, but when my reply posted all the spaces were gone!!! the amount in the left hand column is for Xoom and the right is WU. Like, for $50 xoom is 3.99 and WU is $16.

Bob Ward

Don't forget that Xoom, and all the others, hit you for the exchange rate! For Xoom it's P1 or 2.5%. That's an extra $25 on a thousand! Moneygram is about P.6.

Edited by Bob Ward

acman

The western union fee is not right . I just sent my girlfriend $300.00 yesterday and they charged me $29.00

shadow
The western union fee is not right . I just sent my girlfriend $300.00 yesterday and they charged me $29.00

WU fees vary according to your payment method. They charge more for CC transactions.

Larry in Dumaguete

acman

Went to wu office and paid in cash

mattwilkie

What they forget to tell you in Western union is there is a longer service!! There is a price list breakdown have a read of it and youll find your being over charged. It cost me $28 to send $4000 You can also western union yourself if you are taking large quantities of cash over to get round the customs limits But you need to get someone to go with you to western with id in the U.S. and get them to process the forms for you (you cant send and collect if you are the same person).