Hello from Finland

shimoda

Hi guys.

Allow me to introduce myself. Early 50:s, married, divorced, grown up children.... the normal western middle aged man experience.

I visited Philippines for work in 1989. Stayed a few weeks and really liked the place and the people.

As so many other men I am disappointed by the female companion I can find here. My options are basically a divorcee or a widow. Lots of baggage in any case. Add to this my own baggage and situation is not ideal :)

So, like many before me I started to look East. Created an account at a website in May and boy, was there many lovely women there! And all of them wanted to marry me!

Eventually I wised up a little and left the scene after a month. A little wiser, not much poorer.

In August I gave the same site a new whirl. New crop of lovely women. And these also want to marry me! I must be the catch of the century.

I have tried chatting / mailing with 4 on regular basis. Statistics so far:

- All mention money or problem after max 2 chat sessions

- All wants to marry me. (one after chatting for 10 minutes) Wow. I must be hot.

- 2 of them keep very strange hours. Sending mails and chat requests at 2-3 AM Phil time

- One is actually quite fun as she constantly want to talk about sex

- One said she needed a tonsillectomy and as proof send a pic of some very horrid tonsils TinEye found the source of the picture in under 2 seconds. Surprised her a bit when I showed her the URL of 'her' tonsils :)

I harbor a growing suspicion that they are not all completely honest with me :)

So I think I will give up any idea of finding a lady over the net.

That leaves me the other option. Moving over there and finding one. Problem is of course one of finance. I am not a rich man (western middle class) and can not support myself unless I work.

So I either have to move there and work, which I have understood is hardly possible. I work in IT. I don't think there is much demand for middle aged programmers in the republic :) And also my standard of living would drop considerably as I understand it.

So it looks like the only option is to keep working here, save up money and go for early retirement. I guess 8 more years in the salt mines should solve it :)

That's is why I am here now guys. To build a network of connections and online acquaintances that I could draw on when I finally move over.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys and look forward to participating in the forum.

Regards

:wave: Welcome!

Although 8 years might be a little early. Still, you should be able to learn quite a lot in that time. Seems like you have already. Yes, it's better to come here and meet girls in person. Online you have no idea what you're getting.

I harbor a growing suspicion that they are not all completely honest with me
And perhaps not all completely female. And should have messed with the 'girl' with the tonsils and told her you had studied to be a Dr. and those are men's tonsils.
  • Like 1
Mr. Mike

We are known for our warm welcomes here shimoda,LOL,,,,,,,sorta! It's all good,,,,, start posting, and asking your questions about the RP. You are in the right place!

:wave: Welcome!

Although 8 years might be a little early. Still, you should be able to learn quite a lot in that time. Seems like you have already. Yes, it's better to come here and meet girls in person. Online you have no idea what you're getting. And perhaps not all completely female. And should have messed with the 'girl' with the tonsils and told her you had studied to be a Dr. and those are men's tonsils.

Well, this particular female I know to be female. Have seen her on cam. And she was pretty too..... Ahhhh.... Now I see what you are hinting at. The new boy is slowly learning. Ladyboy. Yes that is a new hazard. Not many of them around here :)

Thank you all for your welcome.

I have lurked a while and noticed that the tone can be a bit ...... shall we say ..... harsh sometimes. So I expect to be beaten up a bit as the new boy. It's OK. Come on! I can take it! I am a brave keyboard warrior.

I have been, and am still, member of various forums. The one thing I have found that separates the good forums from the not so good is how they treat those same old questions. Those questions that all newbies want to know but the old salts have already answered a gazillion times.

What I am saying, in a roundabout way, is Do you have a FAQ? With the top 50:s. If not, I guess you will have to answer one more newbies questions :)

regards

The problem with having a FAQ list here is that most every FAQ has a huge number of answers based on all the members opinions. For every question, one member will say to do this, another will say don't do that. And then there are the factual things like BI procedures but they change frequently.

• 1 month later...

Hello shimoda, really from Finland ? Forget the serious online chat, line up few dates and Com`on down to Cebu for a while, you`ll like it here.

Kippis

We are known for our warm welcomes here shimoda,LOL,,,,,,,sorta! It's all good,,,,, start posting, and asking your questions about the RP. You are in the right place!

dunno about that. he seems normal

Avoid them if they mention money problems.

I'm running a dating website, not even Asia related, and it's crawling with fake profiles from users with Philippine IP addresses. Just saying, they are very good at this, much better than their Nigerian counterparts.

• 3 weeks later...

ALOHA, welcome and it seems you are on the correct path.