Sign in to follow this  
pippolo

First time in Phi/Cebu need some infos ..

Bob Ward
P.S.: I own you a couple of beers for all your advices, when you want !!

I up for that. We'll do the drinking at some seedy bar in Colon. LOL

pippolo
I up for that. We'll do the drinking at some seedy bar in Colon. LOL

Yes, which bar :) ? The "Morgue" or the "Naked in the park" one :wacko: ??

Ciaoooooooooo,

Luciano

proliteguy

I have just come back from Cebu and Bohol. I could not get away quick enough for what is a truly awful place. The aiport is a hunting ground for people looking to squeeze anything they can from a tourist in everyway possible. Dont even think about getting in a taxi without him putting on the meter and dont be fooled by people who tell you they are a taxi when its actually a private car and they try to charge you 4 times the normal price.

The place is filthy where ever you go and the people live like caged animals, yes this will give you a true Cebu city feeling.

The standard of buildings is a joke of the highest order, Lancaster apartments would be a good example.

Most things you see on the web are nothing like it when you get there, I reckon photoshop do a booming business training people how to edit computer images.

Back to the aiport what a joke of a place this is, their idea of tourist information is to see how they can rip you off by getting you to stay at one of the reccomended dodgy hotels they promote, all without brochures just A4 or A5 paper showing rates and descriptions that even Harry Potter would be proud of. The tour guides in Bohol only know one place, Chocolate hills and churches !!!

In general the people are down right dodgy. Ask someone the same question 5 times and you will get 5 different answers.They all know soneone who can help you.

Food, well what food ?, I think their idea of good food is a can of spam and pork scratchings, buying fresh fruit ot vegtables in a supermarket is a joke, they would not feed that quality as pig food in most countries. If you like you food served within say 15 minutes then dont bother, it takes forever and is always cold. They try to cook chinese vegtables as a side dish and use flour to thicken the sauce and destroy the flavour. I think the Americans have a lot to answer for, for the truly awful choice of food ( all with ketchup or mayo ) and the way that most people are over weight by the time they are 16.

What country in the world sell gin cheaper than water, has people living in shacks without water or drainage. Claims to be so holy and god fearing yet their national sport is cock fighting.

I have never seen so many old, western, overweight weird looking men getting married to what look like 12 year old girls half as tall as they are, maybe it was me but I think the only thing the men had missing was DODGY tatooed on their foreheads.

People make Cebu and Bohol to be a truly tranquil holiday location, it will never come close to anything in Asia, this palce is like Bombay on bad day and having travelled most of the world, this place has to be the most deceptive rip off joint known to mankind.

Edited by proliteguy

Bob Ward

OK Captain, I'm doing my best, my very best but I'm getting weak! LOLOLOL

I'm not gonna hit ya.

I'm not gonna hit ya.

Like hell I'm not... !"

John Wayne classic!

Edited by Bob Ward