Foreigners acquiring Filipino citizenship

The fact that its only 5000 pesos and they havent bothered to change the amount gives me the impression that owning real estate isnt really taken that seriously anyway

Well, the law is from somewhere in the 40s, right? That works out to a 10 mtr sq lot at p50 per. Hahahaha
  • Like 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• spooks

• smokey

• Mr.T

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard that Paul applied but failed on the 2 language requirement - his Cebuano was passable but nobody could understand his English!

RA 9319 is to provide for certain aliens who were born in the Phil and meet certain other requirements to become citizens thru a simple procedure. . I dont believe that it has anything to do with fo

Under Section 2 of the Revised Naturalization Law the applicant must possess the following qualifications: He/she must not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age on the day of the hearing of the

I would love to see the source for that statement of fact.

.......... OK. Lets limit it to only those with an SS#, those that have ever gotten a pay check ( taxes, SS and medicare cotrabution on the check stub) and those that have paid taxes weather self employed or working for someone else. (same info as check stubs on tax forms.) If a person is living in The U.S. and has none of these they are probably an illegal alien. Edited by tomaw
those that have ever gotten a pay chec
i believe you have to pay in for 40 quarters so A paycheck isn't going to do it. Edited by SkyMan

i believe you have to pay in for 40 quarters so A paycheck isn't going to do it.

OK. For arguments sake l'll go along with that.

The fact that its only 5000 pesos and they havent bothered to change the amount gives me the impression that owning real estate isnt really taken that seriously anyway

right hand and left hand are not on the same body maybe

Spooks, seriously get some advice from the real authorities ( Naturalizatin & Imigration, Social Security etc.) before you do anything.

ask me that when you have money to invest , advise giving on investing should be giving by those with money to invest...

It's OKAY... YOU can invest all your money, Mr. Retired Kano....

Now wait until we find you on the pavement infront of your house, let's see who was the smartest... me the humble and small investor from who they can't take nothing and who relies on nobody but himself , or the big loud retired douche bag with 5 cars and a house in the hills in his wifes name

Edited by Mr.T

The osg page is finally working again. For those interested, the fees are listed as:

A. Original Petition

Form Fee

Php 1,000.001

Paid upon purchase of the petition form

Filling and Docketing Fee

Php 39,000.002

Paid upon filing

Oath taking and

Naturalization Fee

Php 100,000.003

Paid prior to taking the Oath of Allegiance

Publication Fee

Ranges from Php 30,000.00

to Php 60,000.00

Paid directly to the accredited publishing company

1 Paid in Cash.

2 Paid via Manager's Check payable to the Office of the Solicitor General-SCN.

3 Paid via Manager's Check payable to the Office of the Solicitor General-SCN.

Roughly $4K plus

Edited by SkyMan

Do you have a link to this? I suppose if it can be shown that you acquired said citizenship through questionable means, otherwise I don't think so and certainly wouldn't be easy.

i disagree an acquired citizenship anywhere is on the understanding that it can be repealed given due cause. A classic example was the yobbo brit kicked out of Australia after serving time in prison there, he was stripped of his citizenship,

An Acquired citizenship is a privilege not a right unlike a born citizen which is a right not a privilege

but if your married to a Filipina you don't need a workpermit so the foreigner can work also if you have kids you can put company shares and property in their name, not sure if it falls under the Anti Dummy law but its possible

You cannot place those assets in their name if they are minors, it can go in trust. Yes you can work under a 13a visa etc form corporations. just stay married!!

i disagree an acquired citizenship anywhere is on the understanding that it can be repealed given due cause. A classic example was the yobbo brit kicked out of Australia after serving time in prison there, he was stripped of his citizenship,

An Acquired citizenship is a privilege not a right unlike a born citizen which is a right not a privilege

Maybe there is a law for that on Oz, but we're talking about the RP. I wish we could toss out naturalized criminals in the US but no way. Even in the case you site, the guy got himself thrown out.

So In the US you do not have the law to strip citizenship from those who enter, what makes you think that Philippines law would make the same mistake, especially as they are not exactly in love with us foreigners unless of course it is our Pinay.

In fact the Philippines does strip citizen ship which is why its former citizens living abroad have to reapply. As for foreigners acquiring. I suspect having revocation is equally probable. Anyway as I said when I posted the link to OSG I will not be following this route, suggest those that are considering factor this possibility into the equation and undertake their own due diligence I suspect the answer is out there possibly a "Chan Robles " text etc.

Once again if not send an E-mail to the OSG I am sure they will have a definitive answer.

Edited by spooks
So In the US you do not have the law to strip citizenship from those who enter,
No, we don't. A citizen is a citizen. There is no 'citizen unless' catagory. I can only imagine the Bad Brit you mentioned had either obtained citz wrongfully, very recently, or also had other citz like Brit. If he had no no other citz, what did they do, put him on a boat and say, "asta la vista?"
what makes you think that Philippines law would make the same mistake, especially as they are not exactly in love with us foreigners unless of course it is our Pinay.
Well RP Law is based on US law. But I'm not sure it's a mistake. A citizen is a citizen however it is obtained.
In fact the Philippines does strip citizen ship which is why its former citizens living abroad have to reapply.
That is not done by the RP but by the foreign country they gain citz with if that country requires they give up their previous citz, as in don't allow dual citz.

It's OKAY... YOU can invest all your money, Mr. Retired Kano....

Now wait until we find you on the pavement infront of your house, let's see who was the smartest... me the humble and small investor from who they can't take nothing and who relies on nobody but himself , or the big loud retired douche bag with 5 cars and a house in the hills in his wifes name

no of course its you the broke ass guy running from the french guy ... and which pavement will i be on the one in front of my house in cebu or the one in front of my other house in arizona or will i just be camping on our one of 3 properties and i would rather have my house in the philippines in my wifes name then my very best french guys name