Foreigners acquiring Filipino citizenship

I heard that Paul applied but failed on the 2 language requirement - his Cebuano was passable but nobody could understand his English!

:rofl:
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• spooks

• Mr.T

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard that Paul applied but failed on the 2 language requirement - his Cebuano was passable but nobody could understand his English!

RA 9319 is to provide for certain aliens who were born in the Phil and meet certain other requirements to become citizens thru a simple procedure. . I dont believe that it has anything to do with fo

Under Section 2 of the Revised Naturalization Law the applicant must possess the following qualifications: He/she must not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age on the day of the hearing of the

wonder how long till your pension stops if you get one from say the us? If you give up your citz . i guess you give up your ssn also so no checkie.

me being still in my 20s, im not going to wait until I get my pension, i'd have to wait 40 years

anyway, it depends on the person, i think if the guy is a businessman and has enough cash flow without relying, then it might be a good option, as he could start investing in the Phils and he shouldn't have to worry about being deported

me being still in my 20s, im not going to wait until I get my pension, i'd have to wait 40 years

anyway, it depends on the person, i think if the guy is a businessman and has enough cash flow without relying, then it might be a good option, as he could start investing in the Phils and he shouldn't have to worry about being deported

An acquired citizenship can be revoked any time if just cause can be shown, ie get fitted up by someone who wants your business etc

An acquired citizenship can be revoked any time if just cause can be shown, ie get fitted up by someone who wants your business etc

Do you have a link to this? I suppose if it can be shown that you acquired said citizenship through questionable means, otherwise I don't think so and certainly wouldn't be easy.
  • Admin (Retired)

Do you have a link to this? I suppose if it can be shown that you acquired said citizenship through questionable means, otherwise I don't think so and certainly wouldn't be easy.

how easy it is depends on how sharp the bolo is and how thin your neck is

• Like 1

yea so that's why I would rather keep my European citizenship, i can go everwhere in the world without a visa, like a real champ

but if your married to a Filipina you don't need a workpermit so the foreigner can work also if you have kids you can put company shares and property in their name, not sure if it falls under the Anti Dummy law but its possible

what a dream so you can finally invest your money and because your a citz it wont be stolen ??????????? ha ha

• Like 1

what a dream so you can finally invest your money and because your a citz it wont be stolen ??????????? ha ha

you think your investments are safe in the phils because you are married????

Edited by Mr.T
Davaoeno

I just realized something. To become a citizen I must either own real estate worth at least 5000 php, or a business that makes money.

However- a non citizen cant own real estate !! lol

• Like 1
Skywalker

I don't see too much smart money being invested here by individual foreigners - I wonder why?

and who goes to the philippines to invest ??? not me i went to retire , let you do all the investing

• Like 1

ask me that when you have money to invest , advise giving on investing should be giving by those with money to invest...

• Like 1

I just realized something. To become a citizen I must either own real estate worth at least 5000 php, or a business that makes money.

However- a non citizen cant own real estate !! lol

I've noticed that oddity as well. When buying property in your wife's name both names appear on the title so I guess that would work there but since you don't have to me married (10 year rule) I don't know how that would be satisfied. Edited by SkyMan
Davaoeno

I've noticed that oddity as well. When buying property in your wife's name both names appear on the title so I guess that would work there but since you don't have to me married (10 year rule) I don't know how that would be satisfied.

The fact that its only 5000 pesos and they havent bothered to change the amount gives me the impression that owning real estate isnt really taken that seriously anyway