• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• spooks

• smokey

• Mr.T

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard that Paul applied but failed on the 2 language requirement - his Cebuano was passable but nobody could understand his English!

RA 9319 is to provide for certain aliens who were born in the Phil and meet certain other requirements to become citizens thru a simple procedure. . I dont believe that it has anything to do with fo

Under Section 2 of the Revised Naturalization Law the applicant must possess the following qualifications: He/she must not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age on the day of the hearing of the

I don't see why you want this. If you're married to a Philippina you can own real estate and businesses with her. You didn't say what country you are from. Is Philippine citizenship worth loosing the citizenship you already have with your home country?

Provided you stay married!!!

That would be awesome. You could start owning land, owning businesses, etc. i'm sure there will be lots of haters around though

wonder how long till your pension stops if you get one from say the us? If you give up your citz . i guess you give up your ssn also so no checkie.

A. QUALIFICATIONS. An alien desiring to avail of the benefits of RA 9139 must possess the following qualifications as provided by Section 3 thereof: 1. Applicant must be born in the Philippines; 2. Residing in the Philippines since birth; 3. Must not be less than eighteen (18) years of age, at the time of filing of his/her petition; 4. Must be of good moral character; 5. Believes in the underlying principles of the Constitution; 6. Must have conducted himself/herself in a proper and irreproachable manner during his/her entire period of residence in the Philippines in his relation with the duly constituted government as well as with the community in which he/she is living; 7. Must have received his/her primary and secondary education in any public or private educational institution duly recognized by the Department of Education, Culture and Sports, where Philippine history, government and civics are taught and prescribed as part of the school curriculum and where enrollment is not limited to any race or nationality. 8. If the applicant has minor children, he/she must have enrolled them in similar schools; 9. Must have a known trade, business, profession or lawful occupation, from which he/she derives income sufficient for his/her support and if he/she is married and/or has dependents, also that of his/her family. This shall not apply to applicants who are college degree holders but are unable to practice their profession because they are disqualified to do so by reason of their citizenship; 10. Must be able to read, write and speak Filipino or any of the dialects of the Philippines; and, 11. Must have mingled with the Filipino and evince desire to learn and embrace the customs, traditions and ideals of the Filipino people.

If I am reading this right, seems to rule out anyone not born in the Philippines or residing in the Philippines since birth. It makes no sense but it sounds like this rules most everyone out. Correct me if I am missing something.

Doug

If I am reading this right, seems to rule out anyone not born in the Philippines or residing in the Philippines since birth. It makes no sense but it sounds like this rules most everyone out. Correct me if I am missing something.

I noticed that too. It's strange because all the other times this topic has come up, it has been shown that it required 10 years of residency, 5 if married to a Filipino. Now that is nowhere to be seen.

:scratch_head:

Davaoeno

RA 9319 is to provide for certain aliens who were born in the Phil and meet certain other requirements to become citizens thru a simple procedure. . I dont believe that it has anything to do with foreigners wanting to become citizens .

Republic Act No. 9139, approved June 8, 2001, provided that aliens under the age of 18 who were born in the Philippines, who have resided in the Philippines and have resided therein since birth, and who possess other specified qualifications may be granted Philippines citizenship by administrative proceeding subject to certain requirements.[1][2

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Under Section 2 of the Revised Naturalization Law the applicant must possess the following qualifications:

• He/she must not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age on the day of the hearing of the petition;

• He/she must have resided in the Philippines for a continuous period of not less than ten (10) years;

• He/she must be of good moral character and believes in the principles underlying the Philippine Constitution, and must have conducted himself in a proper and irreproachable manner during the entire period of his residence in the Philippines in his relation with the constituted government as well as with the community in which he is living;

• He/she must own real estate in the Philippines worth not less than five thousand (5000) pesos, Philippine currency, or must have some known lucrative trade, profession, or lawful occupation;

• He/she must be able to speak or write English or Spanish or anyone of the principal languages

what you guys are quoting is for aliens who were born in the Philippines !!

• Like 1

wonder how long till your pension stops if you get one from say the us? If you give up your citz . i guess you give up your ssn also so no checkie.

This would apply if someone was stupid enough to "give up your citz"

Doug

This is because that's the wrong law (wrong type of naturalization) posted.
Right, this is the applicable to Tim Tebow had his US cit parents wanted to get him RP cit when he was young. He's now too old to qualify this way. Edited by SkyMan

I agree. I don't know if he gets a pension but every CITIZEN in the U.S. gets SS Checks when they retire. Giving up citizenship to become a Philippine citizen just doesn't make sense to me. I get the feeling there's something Spook's not telling us.

I agree. I don't know if he gets a pension but every CITIZEN in the U.S. gets SS Checks when they retire. Giving up citizenship to become a Philippine citizen just doesn't make sense to me. I get the feeling there's something Spook's not telling us.

Exactly right! He's not telling you he wants to give up his US citizenship. Where did that crazy idea come in?
every CITIZEN in the U.S. gets SS Checks when they retire

I would love to see the source for that statement of fact.

I would love to see the source for that statement of fact.

It's not fact, it's myth. In order to receive SS retirement checks you have to have participated in the SS system or your spouse has participated. If not, no check!

As for loosing citizenship, I believe in the USA anyway, you are allowed to hold dual citizenship status. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Must be the new Commadore 64 server they put in...

No, I keep getting an error message.

Only those on the blacklist gets error message.....

I don't see why you want this. If you're married to a Philippina you can own real estate and businesses with her. You didn't say what country you are from. Is Philippine citizenship worth loosing the citizenship you already have with your home country?

Yes, if it is a.....lien...
ancienrocka

Under Section 2 of the Revised Naturalization Law the applicant must possess the following qualifications:

• He/she must not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age on the day of the hearing of the petition;

• He/she must have resided in the Philippines for a continuous period of not less than ten (10) years;

• He/she must be of good moral character and believes in the principles underlying the Philippine Constitution, and must have conducted himself in a proper and irreproachable manner during the entire period of his residence in the Philippines in his relation with the constituted government as well as with the community in which he is living;

• He/she must own real estate in the Philippines worth not less than five thousand (5000) pesos, Philippine currency, or must have some known lucrative trade, profession, or lawful occupation;

• He/she must be able to speak or write English or Spanish or anyone of the principal languages

I heard that Paul applied but failed on the 2 language requirement - his Cebuano was passable but nobody could understand his English!

• Like 2