needing a annulment/separation lawyer

I have a friend here living in cebu needing the services of a foriegn friendly lawyer that can help him get rid of his crazy filipino wife without the worries of being overcharged and the lawyer being more willing to help her rather than helping him, if anyone can suggest one that would be great just pm me, not sure if its allowed to post the phonenumber and name here cheers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• ckfm

• For Real

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, since you say that he is a foreigner, the best and cheapest way for him to go is to travel to his home country, get a divorce, and then bring the divorce decree back to a Philippine lawyer to ru

Yes I am sure that is going to happen.   I am always amused that often if the girl begins to wise up, and they guy discovers that a Filipino woman is not just a mindless subservient china-doll. That

I think if I were him I'd look for a lawyer in Cambodia. I'm just sayin...

does your friend know that to get an annulment requires one party to be 50 cents short of a dollar... .. unlike most countries you dont get an annulment because you dont like each other any more... it requires witness and doctors reports at least it did when we got one in 2004 and if there are children well forgetaboutit

hookedtothenet

Some friends of ours here in Iloilo got a annulment and filed it under abandonment as the Filipino husband left the family a long time ago and started another family, took approx 2 years and P200K.

The wife got her annulment and has now re-married a british guy and is now living in the UK.

Some friends of ours here in Iloilo got a annulment and filed it under abandonment as the Filipino husband left the family a long time ago and started another family, took approx 2 years and P200K.

The wife got her annulment and has now re-married a british guy and is now living in the UK.

we were able to get fast tracked and it took 9 months but it only worked because the x did not show up and the doctors reports.. the op it sounds like is saying foreigner friend wants to annul local girl ?? and really is not just the lawyer its how fast your case gets heard and who the judge is and how he feels about the whole subject its one of the things that just applying does not mean it will be granted... best this subject be downstairs if the op is serious about it

I think if I were him I'd look for a lawyer in Cambodia. I'm just sayin...

• Like 1

I have a friend here living in cebu needing the services of a foriegn friendly lawyer that can help him get rid of his crazy filipino wife without the worries of being overcharged and the lawyer being more willing to help her rather than helping him, if anyone can suggest one that would be great just pm me, not sure if its allowed to post the phonenumber and name here cheers

If she don't want it's almost impossible, he must almost have a criminal case against her.

Adultery is a possibility, then she goes to jail! .........

JamesMusslewhite

Yes I am sure that is going to happen.

I am always amused that often if the girl begins to wise up, and they guy discovers that a Filipino woman is not just a mindless subservient china-doll. That she in fact has views and opinions that she is willing to defend herself. They then are usually classified as now being crazy. First she is "Special" and then later she is "Crazy". The man is never dumber than dirt, over-controlling, too damn demanding, or just a total jerk. She is either crazy or just a real bitch. It is never considered that often the husband is a middle-aged doorknob who traveled halfway around the world, to try to find a young inexperienced girl from a strange culture based solely on her looks, and still probably hooked up with the first girl that winked at him, or showed him her tits on a webcam. Yep he is always the sane one...

The truth is she is going to get him for everything she can, the lawyer is going to try to get him for everything they can, and the husband will still thing he is such a great guy.

I hope your friend the best of luck, but he is dreaming if he thinks he is going to get out of this one without his wallet going on a serious diet...

I have a friend that worded it best. "I am not a pro at marriage, but I am a bloody expert on divorce..."

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 2
For Real

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The lawyer wishlist is fantasy at best.

If counselling doesn't work then they might consider separation. All he will need to do is provide financial support & life goes on.

Some countries and some religions will allow your friend to take on another wife but its probably better if he doesn't.

Edited by For Real
Headshot

Well, since you say that he is a foreigner, the best and cheapest way for him to go is to travel to his home country, get a divorce, and then bring the divorce decree back to a Philippine lawyer to run through the courts, so it gets recognized by the court (foreigners can do this...Filipinos can't). and then made official at NSO after it has been recognized by the court. That is cheaper, faster and doesn't require her acceptance. If there are children, this won't get him out of his responsibilities to them.

• Like 3

If she don't want it's almost impossible, he must almost have a criminal case against her.

Adultery is a possibility, then she goes to jail! .........

yes she does and him.... maybe he is just waiting ?

well maybe the foreigner wants to annul wife one to marry wife two.... better to just break up and move on but the secret to moving on while married is to Wait for the wife to get a BF first or we are talking MAJOR loss of face and this could be very dangerous , or i suggest moving to another island

only way to do this is to first ask wife one... just HOW much will it cost for you to allow me to get an annulment ??

Edited by smokey
Davaoeno

well maybe the foreigner wants to annul wife one to marry wife two.... better to just break up and move on but the secret to moving on while married is to Wait for the wife to get a BF first or we are talking MAJOR loss of face and this could be very dangerous , or i suggest moving to another island

only way to do this is to first ask wife one... just HOW much will it cost for you to allow me to get an annulment ??

Once she knows YOU want the annulment then the price goes 3x the amount she would have thought of

might end up being a whole lot cheaper to find some young stud to court her [ at your expense ! ]

• Like 1

Once she knows YOU want the annulment then the price goes 3x the amount she would have thought of

might end up being a whole lot cheaper to find some young stud to court her [ at your expense ! ]

i would just post her picture on the forum and say ... hey whippy bet you cant shag this one and let nature take it course

• Like 1
For Real

And another possibility is that the wife is a loyal lass who marries for life (spoken as forever) and would be insulted at the suggestion of introducing a young stud.

The only one we know who wants out is the husband