Looking in winland towers

smokey

notwithstanding the racism in your post, it is just plain nonsense.

in the philippines as in the west, there is a thing called a rental contract. in the contract there is a provision for a deposit which is returned when the unit is vacated in good condition.

in the OP the author stated he was likely to unilaterrally break the contract by not paying the last months rent to ensure he got his deposit returned. In many places in the West this is completely illegal. so please save your nonsensical daitribes about law abiding foreigners and crooked filipinos to yourself.

my understanding is that the landlord is quite within his rights to cut off the electricity and water in these circumstances by the way.

but the fact of the matter is I know of a unit in winland that would be ideal for the OP. I didnt pass on the details after his first post. i certainly would have done if he started with his second post.

shame really. if his second post is the reality it could have been a win win

dont scold him so hard he is having a hard time buying napkins by the case , with the delay of his SS check

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• gmb8585

• tripsigg

• Mr.T

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Waits with bated breath...

nice list of wants too bad he is in the wrong country to make them happen.... If he rents from a local it will be copy of passport and if you mess up the place there will be a case filed and a hold at

.....this thread is being monitored and recorded for quality purposes......

Posted Images

Mr. Mike

.....this thread is being monitored and recorded for quality purposes......

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 2

This will definately be my last post on the subject. Such a lively conversation, certainly with different points of view, which aside from a few very immature assisine assumptions as my motives was very entertaining. I never could have imagined that a simple request for a rental would drawn out name calling, assumptions on the character of various individuals etc. To clarify one thing though- I never intented or do I have any intention of ripping off anyone for damages or utilities, however I have heard of several instances where tenants where ripped off for up to 2 months worth of damage deposits, something I have intention of being the victim of. We can certainly afford to pay several more times rent than is charged at Winland Towers, however since I will be travelling throughout The philippines and SE Asia during my 4 months and will probably only spend a total of 2 months in Cebu, I chose a property that has most of the things on our list-kitchen facilities, a pool, gym and central location. Anyway, thanks for your imput, it has very entertaining

Mr Lee: thanks you so much for your well thought out informative post and I have been in contact with

Angelo by text. I will let him know that the referral was from you and regardless of who we rent from I can assure you that they will be happy to have had us as tenants.

Smokey: so exactly what about our requirements are unreasonable. Are u suggesting that losing a security deposit when no damages have occurred is not only acceptable but to be expected? Reading other posts on the subject suggest that using the deposit to pay the last or one or two months is to be encouraged in order not to be take advantage of. So what am I missing here? Btw, my original post was very simple- If anyone knows of an apt available, to be rented by an individual, who wants to rent for 5 months to 2 reliable, clean Canadian guys who have to Cebu for countless years, who don't intend on ripping us off for the deposit which is a real problem , please provide leads. Very simple, and both parties win. thanks

Never mind him, he's just an annoying dick when it comes to renting out stuff

Such a lively conversation, certainly with different points of view, which aside from a few very immature assisine assumptions as my motives was very entertaining. I never could have imagined that a simple request for a rental would drawn out name calling, assumptions on the character of various individuals etc.

Well, some guys get tired of yelling at the kids to get off the lawn, kicking the dog, and sticking the cat's tail in a light socket so they come here and argue. I've rented a few places and haven't had a problem getting the deposit back but it happens. Good luck.

• Like 1

Mr Lee: thanks you so much for your well thought out informative post and I have been in contact with

Angelo by text. I will let him know that the referral was from you and regardless of who we rent from I can assure you that they will be happy to have had us as tenants.

You are welcome. Angelo is fine upstanding young man. It is Okay if you wish to tell him I sent you but it is not necessary, all I want is to help him and I do not need any credit for doing it. I do my best to help people and that in itself gives me all the satisfaction I need. I hope it all works out for you wherever you rent and from whoever you rent from.

smokey

i am a what ?? you think your french guy was mean dude .... i rent to who i want and the way i want and if someone is not happy with that well not my problem

CardiacKid

i am a what ?? you think your french guy was mean dude .... i rent to who i want and the way i want and if someone is not happy with that well not my problem

The way I see it, it's your property. You are under no obligation to rent to anyone. This is not the land of equal opportunity and affirmative action for anyone. If they don't like the terms, don't let the door hit them on the way out. I, for one, take care of the property I rent. However, there are lots of foreigners who do not and these dicks make it harder for the rest of us.

This will definately be my last post on the subject. Such a lively conversation, certainly with different points of view, which aside from a few very immature assisine assumptions as my motives was very entertaining. I never could have imagined that a simple request for a rental would drawn out name calling, assumptions on the character of various individuals etc. To clarify one thing though- I never intented or do I have any intention of ripping off anyone for damages or utilities, however I have heard of several instances where tenants where ripped off for up to 2 months worth of damage deposits, something I have intention of being the victim of. We can certainly afford to pay several more times rent than is charged at Winland Towers, however since I will be travelling throughout The philippines and SE Asia during my 4 months and will probably only spend a total of 2 months in Cebu, I chose a property that has most of the things on our list-kitchen facilities, a pool, gym and central location. Anyway, thanks for your imput, it has very entertaining

um to be constructive, if a pool and gym are high on your list of must haves then give winland a miss.

the poll is ok for a dip but u cant swim as its not bigenough and the gym is kinda broken

but if u dont mind walking 20 minutes, theres a 50m pool on jones and a 400 m running oval which will keep u in trim. and a cheap gym with weights and stuff on ramos.

in the OP the author stated he was likely to unilaterrally break the contract by not paying the last months rent to ensure he got his deposit returned.

He did not say this, Sperry. You need to read the post a little bit better. He said that he would like the owner to either agree to let the security deposit be used for the final month OR give him back the security deposit when he vacated the apartment.

It seems like both you and Smokey want to steal money from foreigners.

so if a person is a westerner the owner is expected to bend over to please.?? Also we are not in the west are we? Or here is a better one i may be on meds but i am the owner not the renter so its up to me... So its the old bow in the presence of a Foreigner ? you mean foreigners dont cheat or lie , or steal because they are foreigners... oh and this forum is read by foreigner and fil am alike i dont know sounds you are in the arrogant side of the foreigner list , ,,, as to the pussies well who would know more about the need for pussies then you

No, the owner isn't expected to bend over. if he wants a deal then an agreement needs to be made......of course you think the owner is the only person who should be able to make conditions in an AGREEMENT. An agreement/contract is between two parties and if the parties agree then a deal is made. I frankly don't think it is asking too much for someone to be given their security deposit before they leave the country. That seems to be a problem with you. You seem to feel like a security deposit should be paid whenever the owner feels like it, whether it is the day the apartment is vacated, a month after, a year after or never.

I'd hate to rent from you if that is the case. Please do correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you are a theif.

um to be constructive, if a pool and gym are high on your list of must haves then give winland a miss.

the poll is ok for a dip but u cant swim as its not bigenough and the gym is kinda broken

but if u dont mind walking 20 minutes, theres a 50m pool on jones and a 400 m running oval which will keep u in trim. and a cheap gym with weights and stuff on ramos.

The gym equipment was fine when I checked it out a couple months ago. It isn't big, but it had enough to satisfy my rather basic needs. The pool I agree is small.

The gym at Baseline on Juana Osmena is closer to Winland than the one on Ramos. I use it several times a week. Cheap too -- about 650 pesos a month.

smokey

No, the owner isn't expected to bend over. if he wants a deal then an agreement needs to be made......of course you think the owner is the only person who should be able to make conditions in an AGREEMENT. An agreement/contract is between two parties and if the parties agree then a deal is made. I frankly don't think it is asking too much for someone to be given their security deposit before they leave the country. That seems to be a problem with you. You seem to feel like a security deposit should be paid whenever the owner feels like it, whether it is the day the apartment is vacated, a month after, a year after or never.

I'd hate to rent from you if that is the case. Please do correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you are a theif.

ok i am correcting you i am the owner its not a agreement between me and anyone on the rules that govern MY house and your wants.. i suggest you contact a civil rights attorney but i do notice your prone to suggesting members that dont agree with you are on meds... or thief that is great coming from a guy who thinks the screwed up way you do when it comes to family values.. So let me put it in another light .... MY HOUSE MY RULES dont like it buy your own house... oh and please correct me if i am wrong but abusing women is not nice you should really see someone about that problem if its true of course ///// and yes i do think the security deposit should be keep till the unit is fixed if things are broken and all utilities are paid//// and also note if the security deposit is used up prior then the renters are the ones stealing .. once a renter signs and agrees that the deposit is for damage and utilities he is the one in deep trouble in the philippines if he breaks that agreement if the owner wishes to follow thru

Edited by smokey
lazydays

post-6307-0-39232100-1347241297_thumb.jpg