Looking in winland towers

Skywalker

gmb8585 sorry about your rough treatment here, some of the old people often forget to take their medication. And more than a few need a visit from Mister SPANK!

I looked at Winland some months ago, and there are plenty of units to rent, both short and long term.

• Like 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• gmb8585

• tripsigg

• Mr.T

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Waits with bated breath...

nice list of wants too bad he is in the wrong country to make them happen.... If he rents from a local it will be copy of passport and if you mess up the place there will be a case filed and a hold at

.....this thread is being monitored and recorded for quality purposes......

Posted Images

"gmb8585 sorry about your rough treatment here, some of the old people often forget to take their medication. And more than a few need a visit from Mister SPANK!

I looked at Winland some months ago, and there are plenty of units to rent, both short and long term. "

thank you, i appreciate it Skywalker. Just a little of information on myself- I have owned property management agencies in canada, the Uk and Hawaii for over 30 years so I know the situation from both sides of the fence. At some point I'll put together a comprehensive guide on how to secure a short to mid term rental in Cebu with names and places and will be happy to share it with the forum.. Good nite to all

I looked at Winland some months ago, and there are plenty of units to rent, both short and long term.

That was my experience as well -- I was looking for a place about two months ago and looked at a couple units in Winland that were less than a year. Don't know about the security deposit thing -- but I would imagine it would be possible to negotiate something.

I'm surprised to hear there are short term rentals available at Winland. It used to be that no owner would consider doing that because there weren't many condos vacant in the city. Could it be that the huge increase in condos being built lately has finally affected the supply and demand situation in Cebu City? I hope so.

Skywalker

There is a huge increase in the number of empty properties in Winland. That might have something to do with it as well.

smokey

There is a huge increase in the number of empty properties in Winland. That might have something to do with it as well.

could be because the won went down and all the koreans went home

• Like 2

I still see many Koreans. Not noticed any restaurants closing either - that would be a sign.

i am suggesting your setting the rules and its the owner who sets the rules so just what do you think the owner should do if YOU do use up his security and thrash the unit wave goodbye to you at the airport ? Would you rent your house in Canada under the same terms ,,, your a foreigner which means you can basically just leave any time you want i know you trust yourself and say you dont want to get ripped off fine so your honest and the owner is a crook ? Trust works both ways... and i will tell you i know a guy who is always saying.... ((( i am the most honest guy you will ever meet and he is far from that , i think he is trying to convince himself )) i have rented my place two times with NO deposits and it worked out well but some day it will not them i will be pissed at myself trust a person unless you have reason to not trust them

Smokey, still taking the meds? I think our good friend GMB is expecting that he is talking to westerners here, not Filipinos. I'm assuming you are filipino so let me give you a small cultural lesson. When Westerners PAY for a service or a product, such a rental, they expect that the deal is not one side, ie do whatever the seller demands and be happy with it. That may be the Filipino way, but westerners expect to make a real deal, a win-win if you will. The owner gets rental income and the renter gets his needs met. What are you proposing, Smokey, is quite the opposite, basically, you pay this much and you do this or no deal. In the long run, that doesn't really work well when dealing with westerners, unless they are pussies who don't know how to make a decent deal. I hope you understand more about western people now. Being on a board for westerners, you would do well to learn more about their ways, especially if you plan on renting to them.

I'm sure that if he wanted a filipino type "deal" he wouldn't have bothered posting here.

• Like 2
Skywalker

I think Winland had a (almost) monopoly for a long time, and took their eye off the ball. A tour around the place now speaks volumes. It's turned into a sink estate where almost no maintenance is done except the bare minimum, and frankly attracts the type of people you probably wouldn't want as neighbours, if you were looking to buy.

Fine for short term rental, for those who set their sights low enough. But in my view it's past it's sell-by-date.

• Like 2

I think gmb8585 has just " thrown his dummy out of the cot". Surprising, seeing as he has been to Cebu before he should have realised that you need a "sense of humor" get get around here.

I think my friend and I have decided to rent in Winland Towers for our holiday this year. we usually stay at Metro Park Hotel but want to cut down on costs and share a condo. Will be there from about November 25th to april 30th. Need a 2 bdrm, fully furnished and equipped, with a balcony with a rate of around 25000. Wondering if anyone knows of any units that might be available, preferably owned and managed by an American or Canadian or whatever. We don't want to stuck losing our security deposit so either has to paid out immediately upon vacating or we'll use it up on last months rent. Quite a few ads on various classified sites but just puting out feelers out here. Any leads would be apprecitated. btw the only requirement is 2 double beds, not double and single. Thx in advance

I made a post HERE that might help you if you contact the fellow I know who is a rental agent at Winland.

To address your post, they do have some owners who rent for 6 month periods and the security deposit is used to cover damages (which usually do not consist of normal wear and tear) and to pay for electric and water used. Electric in Cebu is high, so on a two bedroom using aircon 24/7 it might be as high as p12,000 a month or possibly even more during some months and water should be between p600 to p1200 a month depending on how many showers a day you two take and if you end up with a place that has a leaky flush valve, I know those figures because we own two studio units that we turned into a 2/2 of 80.02 sq meters and that we live in the part of the year we are there, and in case you or anyone else thinks of asking, NO our unit is not for rent.

I do not know of any units available but I am sure Angelo will. If you call him talk slowly and clearly and do not use slangs and he will understand you, or text him and he will answer your texts in English. Remember the time difference and probably best to text first to arrange a time to speak since cell signal in many parts of Cebu could cause an issue at times when trying to talk on the phones. Chikka.com is one free way to text to the Philippines and only cost someone there p2 to text back, whereas most will not text back to a foreign cell since it would cost them p20 or more per text.

I know that if what you want done can be done, then Angelo should know which owners would be honest and which might be a problem getting back deposits.

Usually Angelo goes to the meter rooms and reads the meters and then deducts the proper amounts from the security deposit and returns the rest once he gets it from the owners. My advice would be to move to a hotel the last few days of your stay so that the bills owed can be figured out and then the cash due you can be returned since the security deposit may be a large amount that not everyone will keep around in cash and therefore have to be withdrawn from a bank, and ATM machines may not give that much daily, so it might take more than one day to get your full deposit back. Possibly contact the rental agent a week in advance of your leaving to give them time to try to work out the deposit balance to have ready based on your normal monthly utility usage. If you try to stay out your deposit then you might find your water and electric turned off. The Philippines is not a western country where tenants have all types of rights.

If you find a 2/2 for the price you seek then it will probably be plus utilities and condo dues but you may be able to work out a price including them all but it should be much higher than p25,000 a month.

Let me end by saying that if you have never been to Winland, then you might wish to go see it first before you rent there or anywhere else. My wife and I are very happy in Winland for the most part but there have been quite a few guys on this forum who have trashed the place. Based on western standards Winland is probably a 5 or 6 but based on local standards I would rate it at 7 or 8. I am not a fussy person when in the Philippines and may be more accepting than some others might be.

• Like 1

Smokey, still taking the meds? I think our good friend GMB is expecting that he is talking to westerners here, not Filipinos. I'm assuming you are filipino so let me give you a small cultural lesson. When Westerners PAY for a service or a product, such a rental, they expect that the deal is not one side, ie do whatever the seller demands and be happy with it. That may be the Filipino way, but westerners expect to make a real deal, a win-win if you will. The owner gets rental income and the renter gets his needs met. What are you proposing, Smokey, is quite the opposite, basically, you pay this much and you do this or no deal. In the long run, that doesn't really work well when dealing with westerners, unless they are pussies who don't know how to make a decent deal. I hope you understand more about western people now. Being on a board for westerners, you would do well to learn more about their ways, especially if you plan on renting to them.

I'm sure that if he wanted a filipino type "deal" he wouldn't have bothered posting here.

notwithstanding the racism in your post, it is just plain nonsense.

in the philippines as in the west, there is a thing called a rental contract. in the contract there is a provision for a deposit which is returned when the unit is vacated in good condition.

in the OP the author stated he was likely to unilaterrally break the contract by not paying the last months rent to ensure he got his deposit returned. In many places in the West this is completely illegal. so please save your nonsensical daitribes about law abiding foreigners and crooked filipinos to yourself.

my understanding is that the landlord is quite within his rights to cut off the electricity and water in these circumstances by the way.

but the fact of the matter is I know of a unit in winland that would be ideal for the OP. I didnt pass on the details after his first post. i certainly would have done if he started with his second post.

shame really. if his second post is the reality it could have been a win win

smokey

so if a person is a westerner the owner is expected to bend over to please.?? Also we are not in the west are we? Or here is a better one i may be on meds but i am the owner not the renter so its up to me... So its the old bow in the presence of a Foreigner ? you mean foreigners dont cheat or lie , or steal because they are foreigners... oh and this forum is read by foreigner and fil am alike i dont know sounds you are in the arrogant side of the foreigner list , ,,, as to the pussies well who would know more about the need for pussies then you