Looking in winland towers

I think my friend and I have decided to rent in Winland Towers for our holiday this year. we usually stay at Metro Park Hotel but want to cut down on costs and share a condo. Will be there from about November 25th to april 30th. Need a 2 bdrm, fully furnished and equipped, with a balcony with a rate of around 25000. Wondering if anyone knows of any units that might be available, preferably owned and managed by an American or Canadian or whatever. We don't want to stuck losing our security deposit so either has to paid out immediately upon vacating or we'll use it up on last months rent. Quite a few ads on various classified sites but just puting out feelers out here. Any leads would be apprecitated. btw the only requirement is 2 double beds, not double and single. Thx in advance

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• gmb8585

• tripsigg

• Mr.T

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Waits with bated breath...

nice list of wants too bad he is in the wrong country to make them happen.... If he rents from a local it will be copy of passport and if you mess up the place there will be a case filed and a hold at

.....this thread is being monitored and recorded for quality purposes......

Posted Images

If I understand correctly (ur english kinda broke down) , you plan on having 6 month spring break party, and then not paying the rent for the last two months so u dont have to apy for the almost inevitable damage?

• Like 1

You will be very lucky if you find an owner willing to rent under those conditions. The minimum is usually 1 year.

If I understand correctly (ur english kinda broke down) , you plan on having 6 month spring break party, and then not paying the rent for the last two months so u dont have to apy for the almost inevitable damage?

Umm, Sperry, maybe it's your English(and manners) that needs to be worked on?

Let me translate this into simpler terms that you may understand:

He wants to rent a two bedroom condo in Winland Towers. He needs each room to have at least a double bed. He is willing to pay 25,000 pesos per month. He will occupy the unit from November 25th until April 30th. He is ok with paying a security deposit but he wants it returned to him before he leaves Cebu, ie given to him on April 30th(or have it used for the last month).

• Like 1

Sperry: Firstly, thanks for the reply, secondly give your head a shake. This in not a spring break party we are plannning. We are two very clean, responsible slightly over middle age Canadians, both home owners who take pride in our enviornment. We are both aware that in many cases when you pay a security deposit on a unit this is a gift to the owner of the unit as for some reason when it's time to get it back they either don't have it, or claim that the unit needs 30 guys and 1000 gallons of paint to redo the unit and therefore u are screwed. We have no intention of playing that game as without a doubt the unit will be left in the same or better shape than we we rented it. Therefore, that is why we would prefer to rent from someone who will not immediately look upon our deposit as a free lunch. And btw easy44, there are plenty of units in winland towers and elsewhere that will rent for under a year, even on a month to month basis. In any event if anyone has any leads from friends or aquintances that may own a unit in the complex please free to post.

smokey

Umm, Sperry, maybe it's your English(and manners) that needs to be worked on?

Let me translate this into simpler terms that you may understand:

He wants to rent a two bedroom condo in Winland Towers. He needs each room to have at least a double bed. He is willing to pay 25,000 pesos per month. He will occupy the unit from November 25th until April 30th. He is ok with paying a security deposit but he wants it returned to him before he leaves Cebu, ie given to him on April 30th(or have it used for the last month).

nice list of wants too bad he is in the wrong country to make them happen.... If he rents from a local it will be copy of passport and if you mess up the place there will be a case filed and a hold at BI hummmmm i think the guy with the unit makes the rules not the renter ... well at least at my house that is how it works.

• Like 3
And btw easy44, there are plenty of units in winland towers and elsewhere that will rent for under a year, even on a month to month basis. In any event if anyone has any leads from friends or aquintances that may own a unit in the complex please free to post.

That is true. Look in the Classified section of this site for the pinned topic, "Condo units in Cebu City for rent and sale" you will find contact info there.

lazydays

Can't tell you anything about Winland, but security deposits also cover any utility bills etc that may go unpaid, just negotiate with the owner/agent.

:twocents:

Smokey: so exactly what about our requirements are unreasonable. Are u suggesting that losing a security deposit when no damages have occurred is not only acceptable but to be expected? Reading other posts on the subject suggest that using the deposit to pay the last or one or two months is to be encouraged in order not to be take advantage of. So what am I missing here? Btw, my original post was very simple- If anyone knows of an apt available, to be rented by an individual, who wants to rent for 5 months to 2 reliable, clean Canadian guys who have to Cebu for countless years, who don't intend on ripping us off for the deposit which is a real problem , please provide leads. Very simple, and both parties win. thanks

smokey

Smokey: so exactly what about our requirements are unreasonable. Are u suggesting that losing a security deposit when no damages have occurred is not only acceptable but to be expected? Reading other posts on the subject suggest that using the deposit to pay the last or one or two months is to be encouraged in order not to be take advantage of. So what am I missing here? Btw, my original post was very simple- If anyone knows of an apt available, to be rented by an individual, who wants to rent for 5 months to 2 reliable, clean Canadian guys who have to Cebu for countless years, who don't intend on ripping us off for the deposit which is a real problem , please provide leads. Very simple, and both parties win. thanks

i am suggesting your setting the rules and its the owner who sets the rules so just what do you think the owner should do if YOU do use up his security and thrash the unit wave goodbye to you at the airport ? Would you rent your house in Canada under the same terms ,,, your a foreigner which means you can basically just leave any time you want i know you trust yourself and say you dont want to get ripped off fine so your honest and the owner is a crook ? Trust works both ways... and i will tell you i know a guy who is always saying.... ((( i am the most honest guy you will ever meet and he is far from that , i think he is trying to convince himself )) i have rented my place two times with NO deposits and it worked out well but some day it will not them i will be pissed at myself trust a person unless you have reason to not trust them

lazydays

:sarcasm:

Your not related to Faluango are you, he was expert at getting deposits back in kind. :lol:

That is true. Look in the Classified section of this site for the pinned topic, "Condo units in Cebu City for rent and sale" you will find contact info there.

I didn't say there were no units for rent, I said it is unlikely that an owner will rent for less than a year. That is a big difference, and 5 months is even less likely. gmb8585, I would love to be proven wrong, but if short term and month to month rentals are so readily available then why haven't you found one yet? Please return here and post the details when you finally rent a unit for 5 month at Winland. It would be nice to know if short term rentals are really available there.

Edited by easy44

"Your not related to Faluango are you, he was expert at getting deposits back in kind" I have no idea what this is intended to mean, howver based on the vast majority of posts, I hereby withdraw my request for any help and will deal with this on my own. Thx to all and for the benefit of those who may come after me i will, at a later time, post of my experiences in securing an appropriate rental. Greg

lazydays

"Your not related to Faluango are you, he was expert at getting deposits back in kind" I have no idea what this is intended to mean, howver based on the vast majority of posts, I hereby withdraw my request for any help and will deal with this on my own. Thx to all and for the benefit of those who may come after me i will, at a later time, post of my experiences in securing an appropriate rental. Greg

Faluango was before your time, sorry. A bit of a standing joke with some of us old timers.