Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

Moral obligations when creating Filipino babies

Headshot

Yes, not a fairytale

Half of the Women in the Philippines are Practicing Family Planning

(Preliminary Results from the 2008 National Demographic and Health Survey)

542,000 married women were using IUDs in 2006, according to the 2006 Family Planning Survey.

Thirty-five percent or about one-third of married women in the country are using modern contraceptive methods, according to the 2004 Family Planning Survey

Could you possibly give us a link to the 2008 survey? I have a feeling that if they are trying to use the rythm method, they consider that a form of family planning and modern birth control. From the lack of knowledge on birth control I have witnessed here, I find their statistics very difficult to believe. Many young Filipinas don't even have any idea of when they are fertile during their cycles...nor do they even know how long their cycles are. Something just doesn't ring true in the results you quoted.

HTM

Could you possibly give us a link to the 2008 survey? I have a feeling that if they are trying to use the rythm method, they consider that a form of family planning and modern birth control. From the lack of knowledge on birth control I have witnessed here, I find their statistics very difficult to believe. Many young Filipinas don't even have any idea of when they are fertile during their cycles...nor do they even know how long their cycles are. Something just doesn't ring true in the results you quoted.

PDF

Stranded Shipscook

I read the last three or four pages and still don't understand the debate. If a man doesn't want to support children, he should not have sex with woman he isn't sure to stay with for a long time.

(Or short said, keep his pants on.)

Simple.

If a child is there, he shall support it. The Child is there, right ?And he "made"it, right ?

And if someone thinks, that having children as single mom is an "easy income", he is a bit in an error. Ask the mothers how much "fun" that is.

• Like 2

broden
I read the last three or four pages and still don't understand the debate. If a man doesn't want to support children, he should not have sex with woman he isn't sure to stay with for a long time.

not having sex if you don't want to have babies is the kind of clear thinking the world doesn't need or want

everyone wants to do what ever they want to do with no repercussions allowed or recognized

Headshot

PDF

Thank you for the PDF.

Two of the classifications under "modern methods" were "timing ovulation" and "standard days." While they only account for a few percent of the total, they are really just enhancements on the rhythm method, which is onr of the "traditional methods." That takes the percentage on actual birth control down to 33%. However, the problem with this was in their methodology. If a woman didn't know what a birth control method was, the proceeded to coach her in the method and how it was done. When this sort of thing is done during an "unbiased" survey, it destroys the "unbiased" part completely. The women being surveyed quickly grasp the answers that are desired by the surveyors and give them. What that means in simple terms is that this survey cannot be trusted as being in any way factual because of the birth control "training" that was done as an integral part of the survey.

However, even if it is only half of the percentages they gave, it still surprises me that it is that high. The Filipinas that we associate with mostly are fairly well educated, and they have decent jobs. Even with that, they think that birth control pills are too expensive to use. They also hear all kinds of horror stories about side effects from the various modern birth control methods. When you go from these Filipinas, who are basically middle class, to those in the lower classes (which is most women in the Philippines), I would assume (who knows how correctly) that the cost burden and horror stories would escalate proportionately. So like I said, the survey results (even if taken with a large dose of skepticism) surprise me. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Headshot

Headshot

(Or short said, keep his pants on.)

Simple.

If a child is there, he shall support it. The Child is there, right ?And he "made"it, right ?

And if someone thinks, that having children as single mom is an "easy income", he is a bit in an error. Ask the mothers how much "fun" that is.

Does a man's moral obligation to his children end with money? To me, there is a hell of a lot more to being a father than just providing the money needed to live. From what I have seen, a lot of Filipinas are very trusting of the men they love. They have sex to make him happy (more than any other reason), but they also trust that if anything happens, he will do the right thing. Unfortunately, a lot of men (both Filipinos and foreigners) don't deserve that trust.

Athena
they also trust that if anything happens, he will do the right thing. Unfortunately, a lot of men (both Filipinos and foreigners) don't deserve that trust.

Amen!

JSL-USMC

I wrote three paragraphs on this and then decided that I didn't really know tae about it so I deleted. Ooo rah!

• Like 2

broden

I wrote three paragraphs on this and then decided that I didn't really know tae about it so I deleted. Ooo rah!

you can not be on this forum and admit to not knowing something

it's just not done

• Like 1

Headshot

it's just not done

John does a lot of things that just aren't done. I don't think he's really worried about stuff like that... :cool:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

smokey

Moral obligations when creating Filipino babies

i had a few things to say but found the title would make anything i said OFF topic

Edwin

Why does it say Filipino babies? Are they some how diffrent then babies in

general. Or is it some greater then thou complex

The thread title was in response to another thread title, "Legal obligations when creating Filipino babies"

Edit: should have read "Legal obligations when impregnating a Filipina"

Edited by Edwin

Davaoeno

deleted nonsense

Edited by Davaoeno

Davaoeno

it's just not done

Broden is right - most people dont say it - they just demonstrate it !!

• Like 3

eggnoggin

gotta luv it...youre donating freely the dna that has changed and freed the genetically inadequate ..from themselves and tyrants for over a hundred years...if youre really concerned.. theres another birth unemcumbered joy juice recepticle just a wiggle away from the jade gates..im a not so little bastard myself ..ive got filipinas all over the place..visting my nanny etc. the concept of a territorial imperative regarding the p*ssy.. the daddy..and the youngin.. seems lost on the entire melange...just more blubbering self important moral superiority isnt going to change a thousand tribal years of whos the daddy?..who gives a shit..mentality...shouldnt we be discussing the strategy and practical implementation of imparting those joyfull bursts of the lizard lava into the on ramp of the hershey highway instead of the the jade tunnel on root 69 ... :wheel: