Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

Moral obligations when creating Filipino babies

Edwin

Hmmmm.... interesting responses. But I've not seen anyone post about how this whole topic is really about closing the barn-door after the horse got out. Hate to be the one to break the news to you but, in this day 'n age, there is NO reason whatsoever for a girl to get pregnant until the couple wants to get pregnant. Condoms are cheap and are effective... if used. I have a problem with this whole line of thinking about what to do AFTER the girl gets pregnant. The thinking SHOULD be about knowing what one is going to do to prevent the pregnancy before one even hops into bed with the girl.

If we were talking about a western country your post might make sense. In the Philippines where birth control is considered a sin by many or most your post is a fairytale.

A_Simple_Man
In the Philippines where birth control is considered a sin by many or most

I have been surprised by how many ladies in the Philippines take birth control pills. They just don't talk about it. However, because they think it may be a sin, the information passes around from lady to lady without formal education on what strength or type of pill works best for what lady. You may think it wise to ask your doctor but doctors do not seem interested in educating about birth control.

Ask you lady about it. If you have been with her a long time she may just tell you, if not . . secret.

• Like 1

Thalcoozyo

If we were talking about a western country your post might make sense. In the Philippines where birth control is considered a sin by many or most your post is a fairytale.

It is felt that you have much to learn. "Fairytale"? Hardly. I know of many Filipinas using B.C. - either condoms or pill. Granted, these are younger women, every one of them college educated. But certainly not a fairytale.

USMC-Retired

Why does it say Filipino babies? Are they some how diffrent then babies in

general. Or is it some greater then thou complex

• Like 1

For Real

I wouldn't call that giving more, maybe a Filipino would, but to me getting them going on their own as soon as possible is better. We had a party once and one of the guests was a 4yo Fil-Am girl and the other Filipinas were doting over her. When we were eating one of the wives shoved a wad of rice in the girls mouth and I couldn't believe it but didn't say anything. Moments later the girl picked up her spoon and got some rice. And I said, "Look there at _____ able to use a spoon and eat all by herself. No need for anyone to go shoving a wad of rice in her mouth any more., ever again." Of course I was looking at the Filipina who had done it and she knew I was talking to her. Don't know if anyone else caught the drift.

No doub't your drift was caught & ignored by all. The children are in control of the adults, and the children will not allow spoon feeding when it makes them look like babies to their peers

For Real

Hmmmm.... interesting responses. But I've not seen anyone post about how this whole topic is really about closing the barn-door after the horse got out.

Mr ED is not in the field, this thread is about human beings like yourself being provided & nurtured when developing into adults. Were you nurtured when young? You raise another topic about preventing the birth of the Foal.

Hate to be the one to break the news to you but, in this day 'n age, there is NO reason whatsoever for a girl to get pregnant until the couple wants to get pregnant. Condoms are cheap and are effective... if used. I have a problem with this whole line of thinking about what to do AFTER the girl gets pregnant. The thinking SHOULD be about knowing what one is going to do to prevent the pregnancy before one even hops into bed with the girl.

From a Philippines perspective i hope your Alice in Wonderland theory becomes fact for the whole populace (including the impregnating foreigners.Some do & some don't take precautions, and the enforcement of child support in Adult Disneyland is no where near the levels of what you consider your world to be.

ckfm

Yes, use condoms and the pill but don't come forward like the liberals here in Canada and start talking about "a woman can do with her body whatever she wants" - you will burn in hell for the killing of a human, period - at the least you will never be reborn again - think about how that makes you feel, ....

Cipro

Put like that – I have no problems with and some of your beliefs I agree with. But I think you are putting a different flavour or slant than the OP intended. My understanding of the OP was for those fathers in any country not just PI that ignore their parental and financial responsibility of their minor children. How the children are raised is up to the individual parents. And when children are minor, I think all parents have the financial/moral obligation not necessarily spoil them in whatever definition to their basic needs which both you and I know are happening not just in PI. So many fathers abandoned their young children either to the mother to pick up the pieces or to the government or the society in general.

Well, I for one doenst consider him a man!!!

I would agree however I disagree with the concept that having a relationship with someone, even over an extended period of time, creates an obligation of care that extends past the lifetime of the relationship. I sure as hell didn't see my ex-wife coming over and cleaning house or cooking after the divorce.

Headshot

It is felt that you have much to learn. "Fairytale"? Hardly. I know of many Filipinas using B.C. - either condoms or pill. Granted, these are younger women, every one of them college educated. But certainly not a fairytale.

Maybe not a fairytale, but certainly uncommon...even among college educated Filipinas. If they are religious at all, it has been drummed into their heads that to use BC is a sin. I know a lot of college educated Filipinas who got pregnant before they got married...simply because they were NOT using any form of BC. Some got married to the baby's father. Others didn't. I certainly hope you don't think that Filipinos (the guys) will be careful enough to use a condom every time they have sex. To me, it is very interesting that both women and men here are willing to risk having a baby rather than using protection. Having sex outside of married is also considered by most to be a sin, but they justify that by saying they weren't planning on it, but it just happened (like sex dropped out of a cloud and hit them in the head). So...they go ahead and have sex, but won't use protection...because that would mean that they had planned to have sex (like that somehow makes the sin of having sex outside of marriage worse).

Edited by Headshot

ckfm

Hookers?

• Like 1

SkyMan
Since your profile says that you live here I assume that you are aware that it is quite common in this culture for people- even professional people- to take a bite of rice in their hand.
Indeed and I marvel at their dexterity or whatever it is that allows them to do that, particularly with pork fat all over their fingers. I can't imagine I could pick up a kernel. What I haven't seen, however, is people putting handfuls of rice into other peoples mouths except feeding kids which is ok if the kid is unable to do it themselves. But apparently the mother instinct is so strong they don't realize that an average 4 yo kid is quite capable of feediing themselves which was what I was pointing out.

No, for that case is already too old.

One Example:

If you are not married to the woman you can stipulate a way to contribute to a judge.

Since you have no legal obligation to support her as she is not a part of what you must pay for.

YOU are then the person who submits the proposal, you do NOT wait for her to claim child support!!

Explain that you will support and provide for your kid, but you will not give the woman money or support. The law does NOT require you to pay money!

Enter into an agreement with a shopping center / helper etc. on purchase of diapers, milk daily needs of the child. Pay Your share of the rent directly to the landlord, or that you cover the entire electricity bill, but with a maximum amount. Later payment of school bills, again with a max amount.

All of this in an affidavit that is signed by you in front of a judge in the courthouse.

The agreement/affidavit you send her via registered mail!

If she comes with a claim for child support you can then reject it sins you already meet the requirement to provide for the kid by Philippine law!

No judge in the Philippines will reject your "agreement" and require you to pay money instead!

Slightly easily explained, but most people can understand what is possible.

Good plan for the most part though it would hardly surprise me if she were able to work it into her favor. And a good man would do this if he were able to foresee her becoming a b&^%h and trying to use his love for the child to milk him. But quite likely he would just send her some support and then after a while she'd take him to court to force child support and then he'd be in the situation I described but you said it was too old to help.

I can see her taking your agreement to court for support and her saying, "Hey, I didn't agree to this. I want more." And the judge saying "well, you agreed to give her X so you can give her 2X now."

SkyMan

Since this thread is essentially about expats paying child support for their fil/foreigner babies, I think the BC post by Thalcoozyo (where did that name come from?) is quite valid and it doesn't matter if BC is considered a sin by the RC church or even if the girl (quite likely) has no idea about BC or how babies get made or whatever. He knows about BC and if he doesn't use it then he's got no leg to stand on regarding child support.

HTM

Indeed and I marvel at their dexterity or whatever it is that allows them to do that, particularly with pork fat all over their fingers. I can't imagine I could pick up a kernel. What I haven't seen, however, is people putting handfuls of rice into other peoples mouths except feeding kids which is ok if the kid is unable to do it themselves. But apparently the mother instinct is so strong they don't realize that an average 4 yo kid is quite capable of feediing themselves which was what I was pointing out.

Good plan for the most part though it would hardly surprise me if she were able to work it into her favor. And a good man would do this if he were able to foresee her becoming a b&^%h and trying to use his love for the child to milk him. But quite likely he would just send her some support and then after a while she'd take him to court to force child support and then he'd be in the situation I described but you said it was too old to help.

I can see her taking your agreement to court for support and her saying, "Hey, I didn't agree to this. I want more." And the judge saying "well, you agreed to give her X so you can give her 2X now."

Not in the Philippines, as long as u support the kid. And she need lots of money to do that, and you can appeal, and appeal, or pay a judge to overturn / dismiss the case. :-)

Most men are a bit lazy and not everyone is smart.

Most people just let the court decide for an amount they need pay, they find it easier.......

HTM

Yes, not a fairytale

Half of the Women in the Philippines are Practicing Family Planning

(Preliminary Results from the 2008 National Demographic and Health Survey)

542,000 married women were using IUDs in 2006, according to the 2006 Family Planning Survey.

Thirty-five percent or about one-third of married women in the country are using modern contraceptive methods, according to the 2004 Family Planning Survey

For Real

Hookers?

:shit_stirrer: Whilst i appreciate how some young ladies pay their way through college, your post buggers the question of how do you know that hookers use BC such as the pill - the condom part would be hard to miss if you were there