Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

Moral obligations when creating Filipino babies

broden

hey now- I'm from Korea, not Georgia or Alabama !!

let me see your papers

Davaoeno

let me see your papers

Papres? papers? I dont need no stinking papers !!

broden
Papres

interesting

sounds very cajun

Louisiana redneck huh

i think you'll have to come downtown with us

• Like 1

TorJay
The world does not owe its children a living and neither do the parents or the government.

That would be fine if kids were born with the ability to fend for themselves..

Edwin
The world does not owe its children a living and neither do the parents or the government.

That would be fine if kids were born with the ability to fend for themselves..

No one is saying he wouldn't care for his kids....

What we owe them are opportunities to find their own way with perseverance, encouragement, and hard work. I don't think a bird is immoral for pushing its child out of the nest.

:thumbsup:

In the US we want our kids to leave home and sprout their wings once school is over. I think the fortunate parent is the one whose child doesn't return home after college or trade school...he moves into an apartment with another young person or two and works his up way from there.

Some parents cajole their kids more, some push theirs harder than others.

I wish we still had the draft, mandatory two years. I see quite a few who would have benefited from that.

• Like 2

smokey

No one is saying he wouldn't care for his kids....

:thumbsup:

In the US we want our kids to leave home and sprout their wings once school is over. I think the fortunate parent is the one whose child doesn't return home after college or trade school...he moves into an apartment with another young person or two and works his up way from there.

Some parents cajole their kids more, some push theirs harder than others.

I wish we still had the draft, mandatory two years. I see quite a few who would have benefited from that.

in the philippines they tend to stay home till they are married.... we still have one at home 25 years old and one just left at 27 years old... in the us its out the door at 18

• Like 1

For Real

in the philippines they tend to stay home till they are married.... we still have one at home 25 years old and one just left at 27 years old... in the us its out the door at 18

That raises an interesting point regarding ( East & West) culture and raising of children.

It is not uncommon for a local child to have not been to the CR alone even by the age of 5. I have flipped out when attending school at lunch time to see the helpers spoon feeding all the 6 & 7 year old kids...end result now is all the kids eat themselves coz no one wants to look like a baby - without intervention the spoon feeding would probably still be happening.

That is one type of "giving the kids more than we had" that delays development

• Like 1

SkyMan
That is one type of "giving the kids more than we had" that delays development
I wouldn't call that giving more, maybe a Filipino would, but to me getting them going on their own as soon as possible is better. We had a party once and one of the guests was a 4yo Fil-Am girl and the other Filipinas were doting over her. When we were eating one of the wives shoved a wad of rice in the girls mouth and I couldn't believe it but didn't say anything. Moments later the girl picked up her spoon and got some rice. And I said, "Look there at _____ able to use a spoon and eat all by herself. No need for anyone to go shoving a wad of rice in her mouth any more., ever again." Of course I was looking at the Filipina who had done it and she knew I was talking to her. Don't know if anyone else caught the drift.

SkyMan
the only excuse is if she raped you and you report it to the police. (But the child is still your responsibility)
If I were to believe that possible and it in fact happened then no, the child is not his responsibility. Sorry if that offends you.
there are many ways you can provide for your child without the mother having big financial gain. (Especially here in Philippines)
I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear your list of ways. Lets use the posted example of the mother taking the child support and using it to buy a new car every 3 years. Maybe the kid gets no benefit from this at all. In fact, maybe the mother makes the kid's life hell hoping the father will feel sorry for the kid and send even more money. You know, I'm sure, that legal means to gain custody would be unsuccessful. So how would you support the child in this case? Edited by SkyMan

Davaoeno
No need for anyone to go shoving a wad of rice in her mouth any more

Since your profile says that you live here I assume that you are aware that it is quite common in this culture for people- even professional people- to take a bite of rice in their hand. It reminds me of in the 1950s when people were asking Ann Landers if it was ok to eat chicken with your fingers.

I assume you would sit with the Bedouins and mock how they eat also ? I dont think we have the right to come here and try to impose our cultural values on the locals [ at least not where it is a generally accepted thing . Eating with your mouth open - well thats a different matter !! lol ]

Siuk

Since your profile says that you live here I assume that you are aware that it is quite common in this culture for people- even professional people- to take a bite of rice in their hand. It reminds me of in the 1950s when people were asking Ann Landers if it was ok to eat chicken with your fingers.

I assume you would sit with the Bedouins and mock how they eat also ? I dont think we have the right to come here and try to impose our cultural values on the locals [ at least not where it is a generally accepted thing . Eating with your mouth open - well thats a different matter !! lol ]

If we ever meet I am going to shove a wad of rice in your mouth. Don't be angry, it is part of the culture,

• Like 1

broden

If we ever meet I am going to shove a wad of rice in your mouth. Don't be angry, it is part of the culture,

looks like we have a love connection

• Like 2

HTM

If I were to believe that possible and it in fact happened then no, the child is not his responsibility. Sorry if that offends you.I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear your list of ways. Lets use the posted example of the mother taking the child support and using it to buy a new car every 3 years. Maybe the kid gets no benefit from this at all. In fact, maybe the mother makes the kid's life hell hoping the father will feel sorry for the kid and send even more money. You know, I'm sure, that legal means to gain custody would be unsuccessful. So how would you support the child in this case?

No, for that case is already too old.

One Example:

If you are not married to the woman you can stipulate a way to contribute to a judge.

Since you have no legal obligation to support her as she is not a part of what you must pay for.

YOU are then the person who submits the proposal, you do NOT wait for her to claim child support!!

Explain that you will support and provide for your kid, but you will not give the woman money or support. The law does NOT require you to pay money!

Enter into an agreement with a shopping center / helper etc. on purchase of diapers, milk daily needs of the child. Pay Your share of the rent directly to the landlord, or that you cover the entire electricity bill, but with a maximum amount. Later payment of school bills, again with a max amount.

All of this in an affidavit that is signed by you in front of a judge in the courthouse.

The agreement/affidavit you send her via registered mail!

If she comes with a claim for child support you can then reject it sins you already meet the requirement to provide for the kid by Philippine law!

No judge in the Philippines will reject your "agreement" and require you to pay money instead!

Slightly easily explained, but most people can understand what is possible.

Thalcoozyo

Hmmmm.... interesting responses. But I've not seen anyone post about how this whole topic is really about closing the barn-door after the horse got out. Hate to be the one to break the news to you but, in this day 'n age, there is NO reason whatsoever for a girl to get pregnant until the couple wants to get pregnant. Condoms are cheap and are effective... if used. I have a problem with this whole line of thinking about what to do AFTER the girl gets pregnant. The thinking SHOULD be about knowing what one is going to do to prevent the pregnancy before one even hops into bed with the girl.

smokey

Hmmmm.... interesting responses. But I've not seen anyone post about how this whole topic is really about closing the barn-door after the horse got out. Hate to be the one to break the news to you but, in this day 'n age, there is NO reason whatsoever for a girl to get pregnant until the couple wants to get pregnant. Condoms are cheap and are effective... if used. I have a problem with this whole line of thinking about what to do AFTER the girl gets pregnant. The thinking SHOULD be about knowing what one is going to do to prevent the pregnancy before one even hops into bed with the girl.

well the horse is now out of the barn and done grazing and its time to plant new seed