New member from Newcastle Australia

Ozpete1960

Hello all, I am a new member from Newcastle, NSW Australia. I have been married to my Cebuana wife for 29 years and we have 3 grown children, and have just made my first ever trip to the Philippines. I have been staying with her family near Aloguinsan for 3 weeks now and will be returning to Oz at the end of the week.

What an amazing place this is, I love it and wished I had come here sooner. So far we have been to Toledo, Pinamangahan, Aloguinsan, Badien and CarCar, as well as back to Cebu city for a daytrip.

I bought a little Honda to ride and leave here for the family to use. The traffic has taken some getting used to, very different to Oz.

I already knew quite a few Visayan words from listening to my wife and her 2 sisters back home, which has meant I usually know what a converstion is about, but fall far short of being able to participate. Some interesting converstions between me with limited Visayan and my wife's family members with limited English.

I have met so many of her Uncles, Auntys and cousins I started taking notes to try to remember who is who. Without exception I have been welcomed and included in all the family events and feel humbled by the care they have shown me. I will return to work in Oz next week, but will be counting down to the next visit.

Pete

Hi Pete..glad you r enjoying it here...Had a bit to do with Newcastle thru ex's family from Merewether Heights, Love the beaches the most...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am back in Australia now. Thanks for the welcome to the group. Loved my stay in Cebu, can't wait to go back. My wife and I are planning our next trip, and investigating possibly building on some land her parents left her. I have enjoyed reading these forums, both educational and entertaining. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
CardiacKid

Welcome aboard. Always nice to see some old married fart like myself joining. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

G`day mate.

Nice to you enjoyed your trip.

Try riding your bike from Carcar to City on your next time, I did it last sunday in the dark coming back from watching a moto-x meeting in Carcar, that was a experience I will not forget, bikes,trikes,buses,trucks,jeepneys,many without any lights,pedestrians,dogs,cats, giant holes in the road, signs in middle of the road no reflectors.

Huh huh...Will stick to daylight travel from now on. :welcome:

Aussie Dude

Hi mate , i am in Warners Bay at the moment , waiting for my wife to get her citizenship , then going back

I am back in Australia now. Thanks for the welcome to the group. Loved my stay in Cebu, can't wait to go back. My wife and I are planning our next trip, and investigating possibly building on some land her parents left her. I have enjoyed reading these forums, both educational and entertaining. Thanks again.

hi Pete

good you enjoyed is so much mate, i live here now and love the place.

my daughter lives in Denman so i am familiar with the hunter region

Good luck mate and catch up with a few guys next time you are in town

al

Mattnlenny

I didn't realise so many people were from the area.

I am from Heddon Greta.

greatplace

G'day Pete nice to hear that you enjoyed Cebu and you are planning to come back soon........it does seem to have that effect on people. I will be doing our food run from Dgte to Cebu next Thursday can't wait to get back to the big smoke again.