Sign in to follow this  
udonthani

Whippy's balikbayan box

Stranded Shipscook

cant u just grow u own basil and coriander? not that difficult is it?

Yup,maybe, but not in the quantities one needs for 2 Restaurants as i have. Also my basil died always after 6 months.Got only oregano, lemon grass and some other left which seem to flourish. Soil maybe no good.

Also sometimes regular people don't need that much or often.

Headshot

S&R has real maple syrup, if you want to pay the price.

Real maple syrup is expensive no matter where in the world you buy it...even is the areas where they cook down the tree sap to make it.

broden

Real maple syrup is expensive no matter where in the world you buy it...even is the areas where they cook down the tree sap to make it.

that ain't no lie

but man it's good in milk

one of my wifes first new loves when she got to the states was maple milk when i introduced it to her

Headshot

hey man look i just, like everyone, wanna see how the cheese turns out

You just want to be around to smell it when somebody cuts the cheese... :cool:

broden

You just want to be around to smell it when somebody cuts the cheese... :cool:

that would normally be me

• Like 1

Fender rules

wansoy or yansoy is how the coriander is labelled in the supermarkets, I buy it all the time. The ingredient/rizome that I have yet to find is called galanga (kha in Thai) and is very important in (Thai) soups and. I was told it's called yellow ginger here and may be sold in Chinese medicine shops.

The basil the Thais favour is called holy basil and is different to the 'Italian" sort of taste. I now have some seeds, just need somewhere to grow it :)

Brucewayne

It is a lot of work and a wasteful process.

I think it takes about a gallon of tree sap to make somewhere around a pint of syrup if memory serves.

Brucewayne

that ain't no lie

but man it's good in milk

one of my wifes first new loves when she got to the states was maple milk when i introduced it to her

I tired to get my wife to drink it straight when she was nursing the baby, but no go!

broden

I tired to get my wife to drink it straight when she was nursing the baby, but no go!

try it in milk or a little on ice cream.. or clean snow if you ever see any again

broden

maple syrup is one of the magic foods like chocolate and bacon...

makes everything better

• Like 1

Brucewayne

try it in milk or a little on ice cream.. or clean snow if you ever see any again

I used to put it on vanilla ice cream with crushed pecans, peanuts or English walnuts.

Great stuff and once you taste the real thing, the artificial stuff tastes horrible, funny, it tastes fine up until that point.

broden

I used to put it on vanilla ice cream with crushed pecans, peanuts or English walnuts.

Great stuff and once you taste the real thing, the artificial stuff tastes horrible, funny, it tastes fine up until that point.

i don't mind the fake stuff on pancakes .. but i really do prefer real.. but the fake stuff really can't be used for anything else like the real stuff it just doesn't work out at all

Brucewayne

i don't mind the fake stuff on pancakes .. but i really do prefer real.. but the fake stuff really can't be used for anything else like the real stuff it just doesn't work out at all

Too watery for one thing and too sweet because you have to add so much sugar to the "flavoring" to make it thick enough to stand up on it's own.

broden

Too watery for one thing and too sweet because you have to add so much sugar to the "flavoring" to make it thick enough to stand up on it's own.

yeah but i like a glob of butter on there too
  • Like 1

Brucewayne

yeah but i like a glob of butter on there too

At least real butter is abundant here at a fairly reasonable price.

Damn it, now I want pancakes (with applesauce in the batter)!!!

broden

At least real butter is abundant here at a fairly reasonable price.

Damn it, now I want pancakes (with applesauce in the batter)!!!

apple sauce is good

our pancake secret is whipping eggwhites stiff then folding them in... nice tall pancakes

Brucewayne

apple sauce is good

our pancake secret is whipping eggwhites stiff then folding them in... nice tall pancakes

The same thing works on real cakes too, also, don't add the baking powder until last (and make sure your mix is cold, not warm), it does it's best work in the first few minutes after it is added.

• Like 1

sperry

Yup,maybe, but not in the quantities one needs for 2 Restaurants as i have. Also my basil died always after 6 months.Got only oregano, lemon grass and some other left which seem to flourish. Soil maybe no good.

Also sometimes regular people don't need that much or often.

im not mr green fingers but i think basil is an annual, so its impossible to keep for longer tahn 6 months or so

udonthani

The UK is till quite a bit closer to the RP than Toronto is.

that's one thing you got right. We're an island people, just like them for whom seafaring is very important. The Japanese like us too on that basis. They're not idiots. They've noticed. The geography is similar. The Philippines is not a continual land mass like Canada, or the United States. It's a series of islands.

TorJay
that's one thing you got right.

I fell so honoured to be right in your eyes Master. :steve:

• Like 1

broden

I raise your chocolate bacon maple syrup with this recipe :)

http://www.justputzi...n-frosting.html

i'll wait for your delivery

Headshot

maple syrup is one of the magic foods like chocolate and bacon...

makes everything better

There should be a recipe that uses all three of those ingredients. My mom used to make waffles for us with chopped up bacon mixed into the batter. You stack three of those up with melted butter and real maple syrup and you have a meal. She would also make us a simple dessert after dinner sometimes with a waffle, a small scoop of ice cream, a liberal amount of fresh sweet whipped cream and a little melted chocolate laced over the top...OK...I'm officially hungry now. I don't think I ever had all three ingredients in one recipe though.

I raise your chocolate bacon maple syrup with this recipe :)

http://www.justputzi...n-frosting.html

I just saw this...yummm... :workout:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

broden

There should be a recipe that uses all three of those ingredients. My mom used to make waffles for us with chopped up bacon mixed into the batter. You stack three of those up with melted butter and real maple syrup and you have a meal. She would also make us a simple dessert after dinner sometimes with a waffle, a small scoop of ice cream, a liberal amount of fresh sweet whipped cream and a little melted chocolate laced over the top...OK...I'm officially hungry now. I don't think I ever had all three ingredients in one recipe though.

i think i hear my ice cream maker calling me

Alan S

How on earth can you have a thread with 123 replies about what someone else is shipping to the Philippines?

Some people have too much spare time on their hands! lol

• Like 3