Having a minor in tow?

http://www.filipinouk.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/35562-Legal-age-for-a-female-to-have-sex-in-the-Philippines

What everyone may fail to understand is that if you walk into a bar in philippines and bar fine a girl, it is now child prostitution because there is no age of consent for anyone trafficked into prostitution in the philippines.

Also please take special note here:-

REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7610

Section 3. Definition of Terms

(a) "Children" refers to person below eighteen (18) years of age OR THOSE OVER but are unable to fully take care of themselves OR PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM from abuse, neglect, cruelty, EXPLOITATION or discrimination because of a PHYSICAL or mental disability or CONDITION;

"because of a physical or mental disability"

I think it's referring to the disabled. We have the same sort of laws in Australia when it comes to the mentally disabled.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TorJay

• Alan S

• Thelandofku-an

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I only recall members chatting about it. May I introduce you to the search button?   KonGC

If I remember rightly we talked about it at length here on LinC   KonGC

It might be rare for a foreigner to be so accused, but why take the risk? I certainly wouldnt.   Even if found not guilty, it could take a decade or more for the courts to rule.

Posted Images

Thelandofku-an

"because of a physical or mental disability"

I think it's referring to the disabled. We have the same sort of laws in Australia when it comes to the mentally disabled.

Of course you are quite correct, but if you read the Capitalized text there's a f****** great big grey area since we are in "Tellytubbie land"!

Pgon

Of course you are quite correct, but if you read the Capitalized text there's a f****** great big grey area since we are in "Tellytubbie land"!

Pgon

I think the clause starting with because refers to all categories other than those who are under 18. Of course, I understand your concern about the law being applied as intended, but that's no reflection on this law itself.

Thelandofku-an

I think the clause starting with because refers to all categories other than those who are under 18. Of course, I understand your concern about the law being applied as intended, but that's no reflection on this law itself.

You are right, this thread is about "minor in tow",; I stumbled across the "over 18" category quite by accident!

For sure I am not trying to be contentious or "clever" and it doesn't affect me personally, although 27 years of living here has shown me that the law is not to be underestimated when it's being implemented against a foreigner...

Other than yourself, the majority of respondents on this thread thought themslves safe if the girl was over 18 and within the "age gap" clause.

Since it would be difficult to distinguish mental or physical disability without expert testimony from DSWD, one could spend a few weeks in "clink" while these facts were being established!

Respectfully, Pgon...

Edited by Thelandofku-an!
Thelandofku-an

I remember what may have been a folklore story in the press about a scam where a suitably dressed young lady would get herself invited to join some pour sap at an al fresco coffee shop in Davao.

Next came "uniformed" people who would remove the man to a public office to negotiate a "release fee"!