Sign in to follow this  
jtmwatchbiz

Our friend from texas had a stroke and is incoherent at cebu doc's

jtmwatchbiz

our friend and forum member J.D. from texas had a stroke suddenly yesterday and is in cebu doc's hospital. unfortunately he is incoherent and we are scrambling to try and arrange his finances and get him the care he needs. he is a USA air force veteran and has a good pension from his working for years in texas as a crane operator and construction, along with substantial savings but it is taking alot of red tape to get access to his funds by his son in texas (who we also know personally and is in cebu often).

we will probably need a good local lawyer who can draw up the power of atty papers and some other things so his son in texas can get access to and send money for the hospital. we also need some members who are familiar with veterans stuff and banking to help if possible. he is in ICU and so far us and his son are covering his bills but it's piling up quick.

please if possible pm me or click on my watch ad link to reply to me via cell or email rather than post suggestions here publicly and thanks!

fred

guadalupe

• Like 3

Paul

^

Mr. Mike

I'm sorry to hear about this. Is he okay financially?

Edited by Mr. Mike

Paul

I hope someone can help get this sorted for him, mate. He and his family will be in our prayers.

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

I'm sorry to hear about this. Is he okay financially?

no, that is the purpose of my post.

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

PM sent.

Wombat No More

no, that is the purpose of my post.

My lawyer, a well respected guy around the traps and retired last year as a Provincial Prosecutor and a very smart and honest guy from my association with him, and just barely missed being made a judge last year, is available to help folks. Being retired and the Govt still not releasing his lump sum payment and monthly pension, he survives on cases he takes on for folks, without a real office, and does not charge exhorbitant rates like many.

Call Loui on 0919 275 1660

• Like 1

smokey

our friend and forum member J.D. from texas had a stroke suddenly yesterday and is in cebu doc's hospital. unfortunately he is incoherent and we are scrambling to try and arrange his finances and get him the care he needs. he is a USA air force veteran and has a good pension from his working for years in texas as a crane operator and construction, along with substantial savings but it is taking alot of red tape to get access to his funds by his son in texas (who we also know personally and is in cebu often).

we will probably need a good local lawyer who can draw up the power of atty papers and some other things so his son in texas can get access to and send money for the hospital. we also need some members who are familiar with veterans stuff and banking to help if possible. he is in ICU and so far us and his son are covering his bills but it's piling up quick.

please if possible pm me or click on my watch ad link to reply to me via cell or email rather than post suggestions here publicly and thanks!

fred

guadalupe

did you check on line his local banks most guys who live there and get us money have ways of moving money on line... or in my case by phone using a pin number maybe his wife can check his stuff at home

• Like 2

littlePP

Sorry to hear. :(

Prayers with him

SkyMan

Suggest you contact the Cebu ROA (Retired Activities Office) on the military pension and medical stuff. 232-3556

Reynaldo

Sorry to hear about JD, he is a good man.

I hope he recovers soon!

Edited by Reynaldo

Skywalker

This just had me quickly checking my wallet to make sure I still have my Health Insurance Card available, in case I am incoherent following an accident or something like this.

It's still there. It really is amazing how expensive ICU can be, with no telling how long you might be in it.

Hope he gets better soon.

smokey

you know there are ways if you are married and have total trust your pension goes to a us bank like wells fargo... you set up a repetitive wire between wells and a dollar acct in the pi and on the PHONE with a pin number which means your wife can do it a person can wire bank to bank any amount you have in the acct.. cost on the wells side is 9 dollars any amount..

broden

i can't do much more then pray now

but you can believe he's in our prayers.. him and all his family and friends

fredanna

One member here, who lives in Consolacion said that his medical safety net was a high dollar credit card. If someone is dealing with JDs family for money, it is imperative that he get the proper medications and attention soon. Or there will be permanent damage. And another stroke could happen.

What I'm trying to say is somebody close to him that is in Cebu produce (temporary loan) a credit card to get him medical help. Probably too late now. "They say" the first 4 hours are critical.

fred

Edited by fredanna