Superferry et al

Hi ya all

My fiancee has to travel from Cebu to Manila for the Embassy interview and physical. We are broke, so I am looking for inexpensive travel. I found the Superferry,and that seems to be good as she can sleep on the boat, do her business in Manila during the day and return that night. I won't have to pay for a hotel room for her. However, I wonder if the info on rates and schedules I see on the internet are current. Does anyone have any info, or can they point me in the right direction

Thanks

Mickey

The rates and schedules found on XXXXXXX are current.

Are you having your fiance travel to Manila all by her lonesome?

** Link removed due to ban on advertising.

The rates and schedules found on XXXXXXX are current.

Are you having your fiance travel to Manila all by her lonesome?

** Link removed due to ban on advertising.

NO, certainly not. She will be with a family member.

• 2 weeks later...
Jim Sibbick
Hi ya all

My fiancee has to travel from Cebu to Manila for the Embassy interview and physical. We are broke, so I am looking for inexpensive travel. I found the Superferry,and that seems to be good as she can sleep on the boat, do her business in Manila during the day and return that night. I won't have to pay for a hotel room for her. However, I wonder if the info on rates and schedules I see on the internet are current. Does anyone have any info, or can they point me in the right direction

Thanks

Mickey

Make sure you sign up on the Superferry website so they will send you their specials. last week, you could have purchased a fare for P599 for sailing on specified dates in March.

However, Cebu Pacific has really good fares if you buy them in advance. I just checked a return fare for 28th March. 4am depart Cebu, 4pm depart Manila. The cost was PHP 3,618.72 per person, taxes included.

Regards: Jim

Jim Sibbick
How long does it take on the superferry?

It will depend on a number of factors but generally speaking, 24 hours.

If you can, travel on Superferry 12. It has a swimming pool plus first class passengers have the shared use of a jacuzzi.

Regards: Jim

• 8 months later...

I find the best boat to be Trans Asia,even Tourist Class is bearable. If she does not know how to swim I would get her a life jacket, not as a joke. We all probably know about Sulpicio Lines earlier this year with more than 1000 lost, only 7 found I believe. G-D forbid, she should have a way off, yes?

Flying is a real pain but not really more expensive. If you work at it you can take Cebu-Pacific although to be honest I (and many others) really hate the airline. Still, an hour beats 48 any day,yes? the fares are pretty cheap (though not as cheap as they say upfront, and NEVER the 6 Pesos fare they talk about to no end).