An upgrade for WOMBAT'S Womb Cafe'... Cultural show.

Wombat No More

Wombat No More

Wombat's has begun a Cultural Dance show, featuring Filipino dance and a fire twirling / eating performance.

This show is available for booking as a P600/700/800 OR 1,000 SET MENU & SHOW, per head. Drinks are extra.

This is not a brand new event but a transfer of business from the Jungle Resto, Maribago, over to Wombat's. It basically remains the business of Phil (yes, another one) the previous owner of Jungle, (now closed down) and who takes commission on all bookings sourced from him and his existing web site. The Jungle's Filipino cultural dance show survives at my wife's venue, as below on page bottom.

There is no regular night/s for the show and it will be performed as per bookings received. Normally, a minimum booking of 5 customers, is needed to be able to cover the cost of the dancers, but we can take up to 62 seated patrons, before we move onto the extra 18 bar stools available.

On a light note, customers, mostly Japanes so far, like to have pics taken out front with the dancers, while sitting in flash chairs and with native head dress etc on. The only thing, until I finish the backdrop, is that there is a big map of Australia as a backdrop... I'm thinking that many of the guests so far, think it's the Philippines...

• Like 5
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Wombat No More

• Brucewayne

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wombat's has begun a Cultural Dance show, featuring Filipino dance and a fire twirling / eating performance.   This show is available for booking as a P600/700/800 OR 1,000 SET MENU & SHOW, per

Actually Phil hasnt mentioned who will be paying the entertainment tax [ which I believe will be collected on ALL Wombat's sales from now on , whether or not there is a floor show or not, since it m

I was a walk in on Wednesday night with a group of family for dinner and there was a show on then. It was good, something different to see and the fire show was fairly impressive!   Apart from that

• Admin (Retired)
broden

you should get some video put it on youtube and post it here so people can get a taste of it

Experienced

I'd be interested in seeing the video of Wombat Phil in his role as a "former cultural dancer" :-)

Edited by Experienced
  • Like 1
digiteye

you should get some video put it on youtube and post it here so people can get a taste of it

Once I approached the owner of the Jungle to make a pro video of this - he has not even replied. Now closed... Hmm.. Some people can't see the power of internet marketing.

• Like 2
digiteye

Phil, when will you have your first gig? I may go there and take video. No worries, I dont want to sell anything to you. Then later I edit a clip of the material and show you, then you decide if you want to pay anything for it? How does that sound?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Once I approached the owner of the Jungle to make a pro video of this - he has not even replied. Now closed... Hmm.. Some people can't see the power of internet marketing.

yeah i guess huh

and it doesn't even have to be a long video.. just a taste of the show minutes really

Glad that u got it organised

Make a rollout map of some filipino beach setting or somthing....everytime u have a show, hang the map in front of your austrailan mural and ur done....

Edited by toshi
  • Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

Great move and the proof that there is always a reason for hope.

I am certain you will have success with the new 'gimmick"( as Cebuanos often like to call it ).

On the backdrop....don't always look for negatives, turn it into positive. Australian-Filipino friendship ? Add a pinoy map and happy days.

Contact media: 'Australian promotes Pinoy culture" and the likes. Invite 'em, they'll come.

• Like 1
tobster

Phil, when will you have your first gig? I may go there and take video. No worries, I dont want to sell anything to you. Then later I edit a clip of the material and show you, then you decide if you want to pay anything for it? How does that sound?

I HAVE SEEN HIS CAMERA AND WORK..........ITS ALL THE PROFESSIONAL GEAR........WORTH A TRY I THINK.........

I came close to deleting this. In fact, you don't know HOW close I did, Phil.

He (Yank Phil) originally joined this forum and started advertising right away, without my permission to do so. This was not a very bright of him to do.

I also met him in person once, offering him ideas. But, he chose to ignore them, keeping his VERY high priced beers, causing local guys to not go there. He was focused on getting Koreans and Japanese to visit his place. I knew it would not last. I was correct.

So, if you would, please contact me regarding this "deal" you have with him. I am not crazy about him making money off free advertising on this forum. Please understand, this has nothing to do with you.

• Like 1
aussiekangaroo

There are loads of photo's of the show on the Jungles website, Just google Jungle cultural show, and videos can be found on youtube.

I have been meaning to go to the Jungle show over my last few trips but never got around to it. I have promised my girlfriend to go eat some nice Australia Steak at Wombat's on my next trip as she has never had steak, But I don't know how to get there and if the taxi would even know where to go.

But I don't know how to get there and if the taxi would even know where to go.

wombats_womb_map.jpg

Look at Wombat's signature. More information is there.

aussiekangaroo

Here is a map, you will find the cafe just where the center cross is

http://wikimapia.org...=19&l=0&m=s&v=9

Thanks for the map, It's actually alot further then I thought being on the wrong side of the airport, What would a taxi cost from Colon to Wombat's?