• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• happyvalleyjoe

• twostrokes

• mattwilkie

• Tatoosh

You can attach spreadsheets, I believe, as files to download here. (I haven't verified that, but I am almost certain you can.) Then, members can simply download the file from your thread.

Looks good to me. Have they considered what their profit margin will be? Or, is that just a stupid question, on my part? :rolleyes:

happyvalleyjoe

Paul,

Thanks for the tip on attaching spreadsheets. If anybody expresses an interest, I will attach.

Re: your profit margin question

Paul,

Thanks for the tip on attaching spreadsheets. If anybody expresses an interest, I will attach.

mattwilkie

would be interested in seeing how this venture goes :rolleyes: there are so many negative stories would be good to see some positive ones on here

Tell them NOT to give credit, especially not to people buying alcohol. Cash first, then product.

We started a Sar sari store when we built our house in Mintal, South of Davao. It went very well while we were there for two years, but when we moved back to Australia and left the running of it to the family it went bust inside six months. They extended far too much credit, and couldn't afford to restock. We also left them with a jeepney to run and we had to sell that, because they couldn't save enough money out of the income to service it properly.

Iam looking forward to the day we return so we can start up the Sari Sari store again, because it is a good business if it is run properly. No Jeepney this time though, far too much upkeep on them. I would look into a taxi, if we could get a reliable driver. Hope you have luck on whatever you choose, but from my experience one needs to keep a sharp eye :rolleyes: on things.

No worries. I attempted to upload a spreadsheet today, after posting that statement. However, upon attempting to in the testing forum, I realized the software did not recognize .xls files. I had to add the ability to upload these files to the site. It was quite easily added. So, if you choose to do so at any time in the future, feel free. :lol:

twostrokes
Small Business Update

I went to Carcar again this past weekend and my gf

happyvalleyjoe

Daisy,

Thanks very much for your insightful thoughts. You obviously have some small business experience here. I will give those numbers to the folks and see what they think.

I

With the starting goods worth 23,179.50 pesos, I would roughly estimate that their average daily sales would be 1,000.00, so in one week they will have 7k gross sales! Most sari-sari store have an average mark up of 25%

Forget it,unless you are in the middle of nowhere with for Phil standards wealthy costumers your mark-up will not be much higher then 10-15 %,on rice even less.

Daisy,

Thanks very much for your insightful thoughts. You obviously have some small business experience here. I will give those numbers to the folks and see what they think.

I

With the starting goods worth 23,179.50 pesos, I would roughly estimate that their average daily sales would be 1,000.00, so in one week they will have 7k gross sales! Most sari-sari store have an average mark up of 25%

Forget it,unless you are in the middle of nowhere with for Phil standards wealthy costumers your mark-up will not be much higher then 10-15 %,on rice even less.

yes, it is average 25% or more for a retail store...say a 1000 pesos rice (1 sack 50 0r 28 kilos ) in retail it will be 25 or 27 pesos per kilo and will sell 1250 /1296: shampoo sachet one dozen is 48 or 54 / retail price is 60 or 72...it will be more if they will do repacking on oil, salt, soy sauce,vinegar and etc...etc... :rolleyes:

price is applicable even if they are in a public market or town fronting their house...

5-15% mark-up on rice if it is wholesale basis...

The 1290 per sack rice is sold for retail @ 29 to 30 pesos per kilo.

Edited by Daisy