Need small business ideas for a Filipino

happyvalleyjoe

Has Anyone tried or know anyone running a Lamb Kebab (Sharwarma) stall?

I haven't seen many of these when i was there (2005) on in the SM and Ayala.

But the portions where really really small, when compared to what we get in Australia.

Is Lamb really expensive over there?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• happyvalleyjoe

• twostrokes

• mattwilkie

• Tatoosh

Bob Ward

I never asked what type of meat it was but shawarma stands are all over the place.

happyvalleyjoe

I showed the new suggestions to Honey Mae, she says

Edited by happyvalleyjoe
Alan S

It may, or may not be applicable to that specific situation, but one idea I have mentioned before and will do so again.

Bees.

Yes, the little things that fly around going Bzzzzzzzz!

Simple to keep, require hardly any work, and honey sells for premium prices.

The very best way is to import a colony from Australia. (Oz has a large and well organised export market because it is the only country without the disease that kills entire hives.)

The actual hives are simple to make, as are the various ways of extracting honey from them.

Honey prices, worldwide have risen dramatically in recent years, and, whilst there may not be a massive local market at decent prices, there certainly would be in Manila.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

slightly off topic

my mother in law always wanted to try lamb .. because she had always heard that was what imelda marcos always ate .. if my mother in law heard that i'm sure she's not the only one and because of that i'm sure it has some level of appreciation as a delicacy among some people .. add to that that many of not most can't find or afford it and there you go

all that said though .. mom liked it .. we bought a huge leg of lamb soon after she got here on her first trip to the states a few years ago .. but i doubt she would ever think of eating it on a regular basis unless it was very cheap

Markham
My understanding is that shawarma/kebabs are koscher meals so that Muslims can eat them, which in most cases would only be lamb or chicken, as for the general public it's just a meat wrap.

Muslims would never eat anything that's Kosher! I believe you mean Halal!

Muslims would never eat anything that's Kosher! I believe you mean Halal!

That's right. I'd forgotten which was which.