Bendo / Edgar ll - UFC 150/ Sunday

Beserker101

Beserker101

Televised on the Balls Network/ Cebu 10:30am Sunday, August 12th (check that start time > they screwed us last weekend)

... prelims on Facebook -

Event: UFC 150: "Henderson vs. Edgar 2"

Date: Sat., Aug. 11, 2012, at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view (PPV)

Main Event :

155 lbs.: Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar (for UFC lightweight title)

Main Card Pay-Per-View (PPV) :

155 lbs.: Donald Cerrone vs. Melvin Guillard

185 lbs.: Jake Shields vs. Ed Herman

185 lbs.: Yushin Okami vs. Buddy Roberts

145 lbs.: Justin Lawrence vs. Max Holloway

"Prelims" on FX :

145 lbs.: Dennis Bermudez vs. Tom Hayden

185 lbs.: Jared Hamman vs. Michael Kuiper

135 lbs.: Ken Stone vs. Erik Perez

135 lbs.: Dustin Pague vs. Chico Camus

"Prelims" on Facebook :

145 lbs.: Eiji Mitsuoka vs. Nik Lentz

UFC-150-poster.jpg

• Like 1
WONINTWO
: Pepsi Center in

The high altitude should work against Guillard. Cerrone needs to jump on Melvins back and choke him out before Melvin hits him.Guillard has a heavier punch than most welter-weights.Cerrone,if he doesnt choke him out,better hope Melvin runs out of gas,b4 Melvin hits him.

I am sick of Edgar.He should just drop down to 145lbs. already, and just beat the shit out of Aldo.If Edgar doesnt do it,Mendes will.

Okami is fighting a guy I have never heard of,but I am glad Okami is back after losing to Boetsch he needs a good KO 2 get back in the mix at the top of the middle-weight chase. Vitor vs. Belcher,wowo...it should not be held in Brazil,testing after the fights are suspect...to say the least.

• Like 1
MarinePride

Frankie is going to get his belt back, but it's not going to be a cake walk, by any means.

Beserker101

The high altitude should work against Guillard. Cerrone needs to jump on Melvins back and choke him out before Melvin hits him.Guillard has a heavier punch than most welter-weights.Cerrone,if he doesnt choke him out,better hope Melvin runs out of gas,b4 Melvin hits him.

I am sick of Edgar.He should just drop down to 145lbs. already, and just beat the shit out of Aldo.If Edgar doesnt do it,Mendes will.

Okami is fighting a guy I have never heard of,but I am glad Okami is back after losing to Boetsch he needs a good KO 2 get back in the mix at the top of the middle-weight chase. Vitor vs. Belcher,wowo...it should not be held in Brazil,testing after the fights are suspect...to say the least.

Guillard vs Cerrone :

Cerrone has 13 wins by submission & Guillard has 9 submission losses, gotta go w/ the Cowboy here (never been tko/ ko'd)

Edgar vs Henderson :

I'm dreading another 5 rounds left to the judges, we be betting on Frankie .

... Aldo will be fortunate to get past the "New Breed" @ 153 Brazil -

Okami vs Roberts :

This looks like an attempted confidence builder for Okami (coming off 2 consecutive losses),

... if Thunder loses here, he should seek employment as a Sushi Chef -

Belfort vs Belcher @ 153 Brazil :

I got Belcher by KO in the 1st round -

*** Remember the up-kick by Bendo on Frankie that changed the rhythm of the fight ?

... here's an up-kick KO > Mousasi vs Jacare @ Dream Vl Gran Prix

2r2oy2o.jpg

• Like 1
WONINTWO
a Sushi Chef -

HA HA HA,funny shit...sushi chef.But look at who he lost to,u kno? Bisping chickened out of fighting Boetsch...injury,my ear! Boetsch is an animal at M.W..

Vitor in Rio,tuff fight..pick 'em,age may be a factor.Cowboy should just ride Melvin,like a horse.nay melvin,I say nay!HA,Melvin aint too bright,ever hear him talk,whoa!

when Aldo fought Mendes and ran out of the ring.He was being chased by the athletic commission to be tested.The guy was flyin on somethin b4 that fight,and he had someone in that crowd slip him something to screw up the test.Rogan explained it away,but that shit NEVER happens anywhere else and Aldo always fights in Brazil.DATS DAT B.S.,just sayin...Mendes will not let Aldo grab the fence next time,and will punch the feck out of Aldo.I'd like to smack the smirk off his face myself,him and Silva,the other 'cheats when knows he is goin down' clown .

I too, expect a stinker w/Edgar vs. Benson.like to see somethin definitive out of either guy but especially Frankie, for a change.

that guy in the vid,get KO'D? nice shot!!! btw,with the betting, I was hopin maybe you knew an on-line source I didn't know about.gettin money out on-line is a problem so I wont deal w/'em

• Like 1
Beserker101

Frankie is going to get his belt back, but it's not going to be a cake walk, by any means.

Wrestling is the key, he needs to turn Henderson's leg kick attempts into take downs & just show

more all-around offense, ... it does smell like a 5 rounder -

I'm looking forward to Shields vs Short-Fuse, I believe Jake has tailed off since his

manager/ father passed away .. this should be a ground-war of attrition ending in

a submission -

littlePP

I'm picking Henderson by a TKO, Cerrone by sub, Shields a decision, Roberts in a upset TKO, and Holloway with a TKO.

smiley_rock.gif

Beserker101

I'm picking Henderson by a TKO, Cerrone by sub, Shields a decision, Roberts in a upset TKO, and Holloway with a TKO.

smiley_rock.gif

Bendo vs Edgar - tough call, fighting at altitude could be the deciding factor .. Ben looks light

Cerrone vs Melvin - training partners, Guillard needs to stop the td

Shields vs Herman - Jake comes back to middleweight where he belongs

Okami vs Roberts - I would love to see Buddy take out the Thunder, Jap fighters suck imo

Holloway vs Lawrence - looks real close on paper, could be FOTN if Ben & Frankie do the 5rd dance-a-thon

... we parlayed Perez/ Herman/ Edgar

Beserker101

Edgar got burned again, mma politics at its worst > I guess 3 take-downs & 2 knock-downs are pointless ?

... Dana obviously did not want Henderson vs Edgar lll, its gonna be Henderson vs Diaz .

Diaz will slap the shit outta Bendo & then we get Diaz vs Edgar (two boxers) -

• Like 2
littlePP

First time I ever seen a fighter win with 4 nasty calf kicks. :lol:

Frankie controlled round 2-5, knocked Henderson down twice, had a few take downs, longer choke attempts, slipped more, total octagon control and by the last round had Henderson lunging.

Not as brutal as Manny's last fight as a decision goes, but, believe the first judge had it right.

Was hoping the Cowboy was going down, came in too cocky.

Shields is a snooze fighter. Was rooting for the ginger man, and had no idea why he pushed that fight on the cage.

Okami is another typical soft chinned Japanese fighter and if Roberts was smart, would of pounced in the 1st round with a barrage and let it all out.

Feel bad for Frankie. He lost the first fight for sure, but this one was his. Somebody needs to ditch the entire fight stats and explain once again that the fights are scored by "rounds". You can win a round 10-8 ect, if it's a huge round, but there was no 10-8 rounds this fight. A 10-9 Henderson first, and then Edgar won at "least" 3 of the final 4, 10-9.

• Like 1
littlePP

Edgar got burned again, mma politics at its worst > I guess 3 take-downs & 2 knock-downs are pointless ?

... Dana obviously did not want Henderson vs Edgar lll, its gonna be Henderson vs Diaz .

Diaz will slap the shit outta Bendo & then we get Diaz vs Edgar (two boxers) -

+1

This!

Since when does 4 hard calf kicks in a first round win a five rounder?

• Like 2
MarinePride

I wasn't happy with the decision in Hendersons favor, but you know what? Frankie didn't decisively show that he "brought it" to Henderson either. For the most part the fight wasn't anything that I'd consider to be memorable and was boring to me. Oh well, on rolls the UFC to the next big PPV, Jones vs. "Hendo" in three weeks.

By far the most interesting fight was Cerrone vs. Guillard. It didn't last long, but damn it was good.

• Like 1