Sign in to follow this  
toshi

giving blood, advise, what to do to donate....and where to donate!!

toshi

So today Phil (wombat) and me went and try to give blood for some kid.

The patient is in Vicente sotto hospital.

fist we went to vicente sotto hospital,but they closed the blood bank at 10 AM???? so oke, we went to the red cross, just a few hundred meters away, but they did not take blood from patients who are not screened (please phil correct me if im wrong and misunderstand it.

also they ask me the question how long am i in the Philippines, (to donate there i need to be in the PH for more then a year acoording to the 10 nurses bored out of their head behind the counter) You could just make this up, they can't and won't check this anyway.

then we thought we go to Chong hua, we did fill in the ''take in'' form and ofter about 15 min of waiting whe were told, sorry we don't take blood for out patients...

oke, then we ask one of the nurses which hospital does, she say perpetual soccour, we ask her to call them to make sure...she called and apparently everything was oke ..

so back in the Taxi and on our way to the perpetual soccour , we did the check in, got blood pressure checked, then send to a other nurse for some questions etc, an other quick check and we could give a sample for checking..

all this took max 30 min, we where told to come back 4 hours later and if our blood tested oke we could give...

we called them 4 hr later just to make sure and our blood was good, and i went back (phil did his thing already) and i came in about 5pm and i was out 5.30.

the blood will be collected tomorrow by the kids parents and thats it..

so unless you in a private hospital, and you have donors yourself, your donors can go to the hospital and donate.

if you want to donate for a government hospital or something else, u can go to perpetual soccour, they will except any donor 24-7, and they told me they have a list of donors (but not updated lately)

anyone feel free to rewrite this in plain English and delete my scribbling...

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick

You have written this as if the Philippines hospital system is stupid for not accepting your donation.

Have you tried this in your own country? The outcome will probably be the same.

I know it will be the same in Australia. In Australia, I can only donate at a blood bank. I used to live in Balaranald and had to travel about 100 km to Nyah West to donate blood. And at Nyah West, they only had a travelling blood bank visiting once a fortnight or once a month.

toshi

im just stating the facts for others to use to their advantage...

but point taken, i was not implying that the system is stupid, although highly disorganized it is for sure..