LEGAL obligations for impregnating a Filipina

Brucewayne

assuming incest does not occur in the RP?

As I say, it is all too complicated for me to understand today.

Maybe my mind will clear enough later for me to actually be able to make sense of all of this.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brucewayne

• Stranded Shipscook

• Davaoeno

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow thought this site was to be help full but some of these guys always look for the dark side,if some one want to answer let them answer with out getting attacked or other wise cracks we all know you

I'm sorry - I read all of your answer but I couldnt figure out what the advice was that you are giving the OP . Was there any in your post ? Or were you just attacking the previous post ?

You know, every time I see the title of this thread I wonder if somehow someone is now legally obligated to impregnate a filipina.

I think it's different if a poor Filipino doesn't pay child support or a wealthy foreigner still living in the country. I wouldn't dare it

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

Okay, here's one you may or may not be aware of, the age of consent (put simply) in the Philippines is 12.

It is more complicated than that, but if you are 22 and younger, it is not rape to have sex with a 12 year old and you are supposed to have the girl's permission if the girl is under 18!

I have to strongly protest against the spread of this misconception, not only morally, but also legally.

Put simply ( your words) -if anyone is having Sex with a minor, -consent or not-, btw. a minor can not give consent legally...- he goes to jail !

And that is good that way !

Brucewayne

I have to strongly protest against the spread of this misconception, not only morally, but also legally.

Put simply ( your words) -if anyone is having Sex with a minor, -consent or not-, btw. a minor can not give consent legally...- he goes to jail !

And that is good that way !

It may be a misconception, but it is the law.

Argue with the politicians who are voting against raising the age of consent to 16.

Filipinos have to pay child sup[port as well. Often the barangay captain will step in to enforce the payments, 200 to 300 pesos/week are the norm. The reason why many women opt not to get even that small amount of money is that they often prefer to raise the child on their own with the support system of their family - and no interference from the father.

In regards to foreigners - as Paul mentioned, the legal obligation seems to be around 4,000 pesos.

edit: corrected wrong spelling

Edited by ckfm
lifeisgood

Argue with the politicians who are voting against raising the age of consent to 16.

If you are a US citizen, then US laws will also dictate the age of consent when visiting other countries. I thought this thread was about obligations when it comes to impregnating a Filipina?

Edited by lifeisgood
Brucewayne

If you are a US citizen, then US laws will also dictate the age of consent when visiting other countries. I thought this thread was about obligations when it comes to impregnating a Filipina?

You may be right about the U.S, law, as they seem to be the only ones talked about when it comes to girls under 18.

You are also right that this pertains to getting girls pregnant, but my point was about younger girls becoming pregnant and nothing seems to be done to stop it.

I had wondered why the Fathers weren't arrested for impregnating a minor, then found the answer myself.

Sorry for straying, just an honest mistake.

Stranded Shipscook

The law is that one goes to prison. And its good that way.

There isn't even something to debate about it.

Stranded Shipscook

Here, see if you can make sense of this drivel that the Philippines puts out.

This is only part of it, I will find the rest and post it shortly.

Sec. 10. Other Acts of Neglect, Abuse, Cruelty or Exploitation and Other Conditions Prejudicial to the Child's Development. –

(a) Any person who shall commit any other acts of child abuse, cruelty or exploitation or to be responsible for other conditions prejudicial to the child's development including those covered by Article 59 of Presidential Decree No. 603, as amended, but not covered by the Revised Penal Code, as amended, shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its minimum period.

(B. Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

© Any person who shall induce, deliver or offer a minor to any one prohibited by this Act to keep or have in his company a minor as provided in the preceding paragraph shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its medium period and a fine of not less than Forty thousand pesos (P40,000); Provided, however, That should the perpetrator be an ascendant, stepparent or guardian of the minor, the penalty to be imposed shall be prision mayor in its maximum period, a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000), and the loss of parental authority over the minor.

(d) Any person, owner, manager or one entrusted with the operation of any public or private place of accommodation, whether for occupancy, food, drink or otherwise, including residential places, who allows any person to take along with him to such place or places any minor herein described shall be imposed a penalty of prision mayor in its medium period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000), and the loss of the license to operate such a place or establishment.

Sorry, but one can't call a Law protecting innocent Children DRIVEL ? And its pretty clear to me.

Its created together with the UN and is pretty much the same as anywhere else in the world.

Stranded Shipscook

The laws are a bit hard to research, but this report shows places you can use to research any other news as far as minors and age of consent are concerned.

I'm just too lazy at present to dig much deeper for now.

Changes To Age Of Consent 12 To 16 In Philippines Meets With Resistance

Many people may be shocked to learn that in the Philippines, a 12 year old can legally consent to sex. It is illegal if it is proven that the sex was for money or gain as a result of coercion by an adult when the child is under 18.

There is a house bill before the Philippine Congress titled HB 683 “An Act Modifying the Definition of the Crime of Rape involving Minor Children. This bill would change the statutory age of consent in the Philippines to 16 with stipulations as to the age of the perpetrator and the marital status.

The Philippines, like many other nations, grapple with teen pregnancy and STD issues and the enormous impact it has on communities and families. With little to no sex education in schools, many pre-adolescent and teen children simply have no clue what they are doing.

Unfortunately, it goes far beyond issues of pregnancy, and moves into the issues of child protection from exploitation and harm. It should be said that nations with laws that reflect statutory consent at such young ages, open themselves up to attracting the perverts and pedophiles from all over the world.

Apparently, there is some opposition to this Bill within the Philippines Congress. You will find more on this topic at http://www.abs-cbnnews.com in Kat’s Eye news articles by Katrina Legarda

Many countries have adapted the age of 16 or higher as the statutory age of consent for sexual relations. For international information on these issues and a look at “age of consent” limits in other nations around the world, visitwww.avert.org

US Department of Justice released the "Protect Act of 2003". The bill strengthens laws punishing offenders who travel abroad to prey on children (“sex tourism”). It also strengthens laws in other areas such as internet child p*ornography. See US Department of Justice Fact sheet for more information.

Ok,the link you gave www.avert.org clearly states the age of 18.

The link ABS CBN News i can't see the article you mentioned and a site search only produced a viewpoint on Impeachment.

( btw- Katrina Legarda is a Columnist ! As well as her column "Kats eyes")

Whatever, what you wrote/quoted is enough to make me see, that you did not understand the problematic.

What statuatory means in the case of rape, is that a Person who has Sex with a minor, can not only be held responsible for Child abuse, but ALSO automatically for Statutory RAPE.

Thus the potential classic defense, "i didn't knew" or "she wanted it" is automatically void and one will be charged for Rape. even when the minor speaks in the defense of the culprit.

I hope you understand that now...

Stranded Shipscook

I found the "article" Bruce Wayne mentioned,its a column and Katrinas Opinion.

And as i predicted its about a Bill about RAPE. Nothing to do with Sex and Children ( Which is PROHIBITED, Rape or not, the penalties are severe )

http://www.abs-cbnne...ory-age-rape-16

Katrina is just using some journalistic tricks by citating the old law,which indeed have the low age of 12,but they are superceeded by modern law alreadty.

Nobody can claim the old law anymore.

Edited by Stranded Shipscook

First of all, I'm trying not to impregnant a woman that I wouldn't want to be with the rest of my life. I think that's a very wise thing, but, Filipinos think differently, unfortunately, not all sari sari stores sell condoms I guess.

Edited by Mr.T
Brucewayne

First of all, I'm trying not to impregnant a woman that I wouldn't want to be with the rest of my life. I think that's a very wise thing, but, unfortunately, not all sari sari stores sell condoms I guess.

Stock up at the local pharmacy

Stock up at the local pharmacy

Yes I know, no problem. But the Filipinos in the province rather buy Red Horse than condoms

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Gunther;

The reason I am researching age of consent is because we know a 14 year old girl who was impregnated by a 22 year old Filipino.

I can't say what barangay she is in, so as to try to protect her identity, but her barangay captain says there is nothing he can do to help her family to prosecute the man or even to help collect support for the baby.

According to what the family was told, it isn't against the law as long as the girl was at least 12 years old, she consented and the man wasn't 10 or more years older than the girl.

I have checked online for updates on the new law which was supposed to have raised the age of consent to 16, but as far as I have been able to find, it hasn't yet been instituted.

If you have the link you to the new law which you refer to, I would appreciate it, as I would immediately hire an attorney for the girl and try to grease the rusty wheels of justice for her.