Sign in to follow this  
bepresentnow

LEGAL obligations for impregnating a Filipina

Stranded Shipscook

and how do the people trust such a program when they read about the protected witnesses down south being found chopped up , i am sorry but its just to easy for the larger crime types to find out information with some well placed peso..

Do you mean every witness under the protection program get's killed or just this one.

As Headshot said, the other choice is to hide until the culprits find the witness and then "chop them up".

I personally rather go for the protection option, at least the People get prosecuted. Before their "friends" kill me. But better than waiting until i get killed anyway.

Makes no sense to me.

Justin Kredible

What case would that be? As if you have one? If you are going to respond,be specific.I see nothing funny,or particularly serious about what I posted.I said I liked something,and you have a case?

If you just do not like what I post,so what? Just bounce dude.

I forgot what it was, and I am too lazy to look back. Therefore, I shall take your suggestion to bounce.

..... in bed!

(that's e Chinese fortune cookie reference joke, that is)

smokey

Do you mean every witness under the protection program get's killed or just this one.

As Headshot said, the other choice is to hide until the culprits find the witness and then "chop them up".

I personally rather go for the protection option, at least the People get prosecuted. Before their "friends" kill me. But better than waiting until i get killed anyway.

Makes no sense to me.

i read there were 4 witnesses killed so far .... and if your one that is all it takes.. most do better on their own

Curby

In my Canadian experience, my sexual partners have always proven trustworthy with regard to their sincere and proper use of birth control- If they said they didn't want to get pregnant, they acted like they didn't want to get pregnant. While my experience is obviously not definitive, with sexual partners of comparable wealth, a female's motivations for becoming pregnant are more likely to be emotional rather than financial.

With the abundance of LiC posts about graft, corruption, and innumerable other attempts to extract, extort, or somehow obtain money from "rich" foreigners, I'm a little surprised at the hostility this topic has generated, as well as the basic presumption that it's the man's fault or duty.

Effective birth control depends on the good faith of the female- she ensures the IUD is in place, that her birth controls pills are taken correctly, and so on. Even a condom is no prevention against bad faith if the wearer drops it into the bathroom garbage pail or otherwise leaves the sperm intact and unattended.

Thus, a filipina getting pregnant in bad faith is a serious concern for me- thanks to @bepresentnow for starting the thread and @HTM for finding the relevant section of law.

Read The Family Code.

TITLE VIII

SUPPORT

From Art. 194.

In the "Support" section, Article 195 and 196 appear to spread support obligations up, down and across the family tree. Thus, a spouse, grandparent, or grandchild could theoretically be approached for support. Article 199 (not included) provides for "nearest degree" of obligation. (In the link, "195" is listed as "105"; I've corrected the typo here.)

Art. 195. Subject to the provisions of the succeeding articles, the following are obliged to support each other to the whole extent set forth in the preceding article:

(1) The spouses;

(2) Legitimate ascendants and descendants;

(3) Parents and their legitimate children and the legitimate and illegitimate children of the latter;

(4) Parents and their illegitimate children and the legitimate and illegitimate children of the latter; and

(5) Legitimate brothers and sisters, whether of full or half-blood (291a)

Art. 196. Brothers and sisters not legitimately related, whether of the full or half-blood, are likewise bound to support each other to the full extent set forth in Article 194, except only when the need for support of the brother or sister, being of age, is due to a cause imputable to the claimant's fault or negligence. (291a)

Article 201 seems to leave the amount of support to the discretion of the court. If one appears or is demonstrated to be wealthy to the court, this section suggests the amount of support may not be trivial and may be more proportional to the father's (or family's) style of living than the mother's.

Art. 201. The amount of support, in the cases referred to in Articles 195 and 196, shall be in proportion to the resources or means of the giver and to the necessities of the recipient.

Based on my interpretation, and without any actual cases to refer to, the text of the law suggests that a bad-faith pregnancy is a valid and effective means to obtain a proportionally large amount of money from either a foreigner or the foreigner's family, should the filipina be willing to pursue the matter legally.

ed villas

A father need to give support in the Philippines!

Would You want your DAUGHTER to be treated this way? left by the man who got her preg.

Davaoeno

Would You want your DAUGHTER to be treated this way? left by the man who got her preg.

Not all filipinas are good girls, and not all foreigners are bad men. When a filipina who is a slut knowingly and purposefully seeks out a foreigner to get her pregnant - [ and does so only because he IS a foreigner]- well then what is right and what is wrong - in terms of him staying with her- takes on a whole new meaning .

• Like 1

Brucewayne

Okay, here's one you may or may not be aware of, the age of consent (put simply) in the Philippines is 12.

It is more complicated than that, but if you are 22 and younger, it is not rape to have sex with a 12 year old and you are supposed to have the girl's permission if the girl is under 18!

TorJay

Okay, here's one you may or may not be aware of, the age of consent (put simply) in the Philippines is 12.

It is more complicated than that, but if you are 22 and younger, it is not rape to have sex with a 12 year old and you are supposed to have the girl's permission if the girl is under 18!

Ummm... if a 50 year old bangs a 13 year old, with her permission, that is not illegal? That doesn't seem right Batman.

Brucewayne

Ummm... if a 50 year old bangs a 13 year old, with her permission, that is not illegal? That doesn't seem right Batman.

No, you didn't digest what I wrote and I double checked it this time.

You can do so if you are no more than 10 years older than the girl, thus a 22 year old can conceivably have sex with a 12 year old within the law.

If you are more than 10 years older than her and she is at least 12 years old, it isn't considered sex if she was a willing participant.

But, if you are more than 10 years older than her and she is at least 12 years old, it is considered a simple sex with a minor which does not carry a life sentence as rape can.

TorJay
But, if you are more than 10 years older than her and she is at least 12 years old, it is considered a simple sex with a minor which does not carry a life sentence as rape can.

What if she is 25 and I am 48? I become a short term guest of the gov't as opposed to long term? That's still redick-alick-alous

Brucewayne

What if she is 25 and I am 48? I become a short term guest of the gov't as opposed to long term? That's still redick-alick-alous

No, as long as she is of marrying age, (18) she can bang anyone she wants as far as I can tell.

Brucewayne

Here, see if you can make sense of this drivel that the Philippines puts out.

This is only part of it, I will find the rest and post it shortly.

Sec. 10. Other Acts of Neglect, Abuse, Cruelty or Exploitation and Other Conditions Prejudicial to the Child's Development. –

(a) Any person who shall commit any other acts of child abuse, cruelty or exploitation or to be responsible for other conditions prejudicial to the child's development including those covered by Article 59 of Presidential Decree No. 603, as amended, but not covered by the Revised Penal Code, as amended, shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its minimum period.

(B. Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

© Any person who shall induce, deliver or offer a minor to any one prohibited by this Act to keep or have in his company a minor as provided in the preceding paragraph shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its medium period and a fine of not less than Forty thousand pesos (P40,000); Provided, however, That should the perpetrator be an ascendant, stepparent or guardian of the minor, the penalty to be imposed shall be prision mayor in its maximum period, a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000), and the loss of parental authority over the minor.

(d) Any person, owner, manager or one entrusted with the operation of any public or private place of accommodation, whether for occupancy, food, drink or otherwise, including residential places, who allows any person to take along with him to such place or places any minor herein described shall be imposed a penalty of prision mayor in its medium period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000), and the loss of the license to operate such a place or establishment.

Edited by Brucewayne

TorJay
That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition

assuming incest does not occur in the RP?

Brucewayne

The laws are a bit hard to research, but this report shows places you can use to research any other news as far as minors and age of consent are concerned.

I'm just too lazy at present to dig much deeper for now.

Changes To Age Of Consent 12 To 16 In Philippines Meets With Resistance

Many people may be shocked to learn that in the Philippines, a 12 year old can legally consent to sex. It is illegal if it is proven that the sex was for money or gain as a result of coercion by an adult when the child is under 18.

There is a house bill before the Philippine Congress titled HB 683 “An Act Modifying the Definition of the Crime of Rape involving Minor Children. This bill would change the statutory age of consent in the Philippines to 16 with stipulations as to the age of the perpetrator and the marital status.

The Philippines, like many other nations, grapple with teen pregnancy and STD issues and the enormous impact it has on communities and families. With little to no sex education in schools, many pre-adolescent and teen children simply have no clue what they are doing.

Unfortunately, it goes far beyond issues of pregnancy, and moves into the issues of child protection from exploitation and harm. It should be said that nations with laws that reflect statutory consent at such young ages, open themselves up to attracting the perverts and pedophiles from all over the world.

Apparently, there is some opposition to this Bill within the Philippines Congress. You will find more on this topic at http://www.abs-cbnnews.com in Kat’s Eye news articles by Katrina Legarda

Many countries have adapted the age of 16 or higher as the statutory age of consent for sexual relations. For international information on these issues and a look at “age of consent” limits in other nations around the world, visitwww.avert.org

US Department of Justice released the "Protect Act of 2003". The bill strengthens laws punishing offenders who travel abroad to prey on children (“sex tourism”). It also strengthens laws in other areas such as internet child p*ornography. See US Department of Justice Fact sheet for more information.

Brucewayne

Philippines

The age of consent in the Philippines is complex. Interpol lists the age of consent of Philippines as 18.[53]However, the adult involved in perpetrating the lewd act cannot be prosecuted due to limitations in the law. Sex with a child under 12 is considered rape, under Article 266-A.

However, for the purposes of child p*ornography, the country still adopts the international definition of a child in all its legislations, which is below 18 years old and although above eighteen, but with a mental capacity of a child below 18. According to Section 5 of the Republic Act N°7610, pictures taken of a lewd act by an adult in the locations mentioned in Section 6 of the Republic Act N°7610 of a child under 18, as well as the manager or owner of the establishment where the prostitution takes place can be prosecuted if the child has sex "due to the coercion or influence" from that adult or if the child is paid (see below).